The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

For the Aussies, Sydney and Brisbane drives are live!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
A few pics I took.
Won’t post engine pics, don’t want to ruffle feathers 😉

I videoed the whole track with a mate driving (3 vids over 13 minutes), but I’d need to ask his permission first before posting here.
The glovebox. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Leon.

As I have commented before, the cabin design & layout is good but your photos confirmed again my thoughts after spending an hour going over the interior - there are a few wrinkles in the PTO series interior to iron out.

The centre console controls (especially the round dials) were not quite fitting correctly or many were slightly loose and there was misalignment of and uneven gaps between many of the cabin panels.

It's not a design issue as I would expect the line series to correct these and a few other gremlins with final production having a higher quality control.
Agree mate, if that’s the final product I’d be a bit gutted. Let’s hope not hey.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess insurance and registration cards and not much more.
I wouldn't keep that kind of stuff in there.
That gives thieves enough information to steal your ID
Insurance is kept electronically, 3rd party insurance is compulsory and part of your registration, and we don't even get registration papers or stickers anymore.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not the case here. First thing Smokey asks for is “license and registration.” We still need paperwork for insurance and registration even though the cops/state have online access to it. It’s not the same in every state, but in NJ paper it is.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not the case here. First thing Smokey asks for is “license and registration.” We still need paperwork for insurance and registration even though the cops/state have online access to it. It’s not the same in every state, but in NJ paper it is.
Wow, that is antiquated.
Our cops have cameras with number plate recognition capabilities
They scan continuously as the cops are driving along and alert them if unregistered, stolen, not matching the vehicle (not 100% accurate)
Before they pull you over they know all the details, including who is the registered owner,
In my case I also hold firearms licenses so they are aware I may have a gun with me, however it would not allowed to be loaded and I wouldn't have a license if I had any kind of bad history.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder why it's called a glovebox?
But will it fit my welding gloves?
1671338579890.png
harks back to the days when gloves were often a necessity... including having to crank the engine
AND for "Sir Jim" on the farm ...and hence the robust design of the Grenadier console switches (for use with gloves on!) ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Same here. Joke is, yesterday there was a news story on bad guys breaking into cars at the mall, stealing the cars, driving to the car owners home and breaking in there. Cop spokesperson had the terminity to say folks should smarten up and not carry personal info like reg and insurance papers in their vehicles.

Really ?! That's their #1 excuse to stop a vehicle.

Can't produce paper copies and it's a fine, or two.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that is antiquated.
They scan continuously as the cops are driving along and alert them if unregistered, stolen, not matching the vehicle (not 100% accurate)
Before they pull you over they know all the details, including who is the registered owner,
In my case I also hold firearms licenses so they are aware I may have a gun with me, however it would not allowed to be loaded and I wouldn't have a license if I had any kind of bad history.
Some townships have plate readers but not all. I’ve never considered the firearm component but I am now curious. My nephew is a police officer. I will have to ask him.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some townships have plate readers but not all. I’ve never considered the firearm component but I am now curious. My nephew is a police officer. I will have to ask him.
We only have state cops. They cover everything within the state, 7 in total.
There are 3 Federal police forces and the Sheriffs aren't armed as they just look after courts and fines.
They are all generally very well equipped and well respected. (except by crims)
All states are linked with computer systems and information sharing.
not perfect but getting there
2 cops were just killed by conspiracy theory gun nut preppers and it pretty much stopped the country.
Totally different system to the US
There are 17,985 police agencies in the United States which include local police departments, county sheriff's offices, state troopers, and federal law enforcement agencies.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7798125
harks back to the days when gloves were often a necessity... including having to crank the engine
AND for "Sir Jim" on the farm ...and hence the robust design of the Grenadier console switches (for use with gloves on!) ;)
I watched the London>Brighton race as an 11 year old and though I was car crazy , it didn't appeal at the time...and hasn't since!
As you know , the cranker was often the mechanic/chauffeur , a small often filthy man who did most of the "work" of driving.
And most of the cursing:LOL:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here in NJ there is nothing on the cops’ digital screens in the car that signifies if the registered owner has a firearms license. Dispatch can check but my nephew said that rarely happens.

The law enforcement setup varies greatly from state to state and depends on a number of factors. Population density, location (urban, suburban, rural), and money are the factors I’ve noticed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here in NJ there is nothing on the cops’ digital screens in the car that signifies if the registered owner has a firearms license. Dispatch can check but my nephew said that rarely happens.

The law enforcement setup varies greatly from state to state and depends on a number of factors. Population density, location (urban, suburban, rural), and money are the factors I’ve noticed.
1671368533442.png

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
Wow, that is antiquated.
Exactly the Same here in the UK Dave.

I'm also a firearms licence holder, and last time I was pulled over for no seatbelt, the policeman knew straight away.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
The registration only tells about the owner / holder of the car, not about the driver. So such information is unreliable.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The registration only tells about the owner / holder of the car, not about the driver. So such information is unreliable.
It is a good starting point for the police.
They get a picture of the owner on their screen and the details about them.
Then when they walk up and see the driver they already know if it is or is not the owner and all the details if it is.
Then they don't even need to see your license.

Back
Top Bottom