The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

For the Aussies, Sydney and Brisbane drives are live!

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Moral dilemma: I made 2 bookings for 2pm Saturday (tomorrow), one for myself and one for the boss. Unfortunately we can't take our 6 year old daughter, hence the two booking.

After reading the above I contacted INEOS , but unfortunately they only have one booking in my wife's names 🤣. So the dilemma if Ineos can't fix it in time, let my wife take the drive so she can get as excited as I am or take it myself.

Through this forum and genuine people who contribute daily, I feel lucky enough to feel I have driven it through your eyes and experiences. Perhaps I become a back seat driver instead LoL

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Moral dilemma: I made 2 bookings for 2pm Saturday (tomorrow), one for myself and one for the boss. Unfortunately we can't take our 6 year old daughter, hence the two booking.

After reading the above I contacted INEOS , but unfortunately they only have one booking in my wife's names 🤣. So the dilemma if Ineos can't fix it in time, let my wife take the drive so she can get as excited as I am or take it myself.

Through this forum and genuine people who contribute daily, I feel lucky enough to feel I have driven it through your eyes and experiences. Perhaps I become a back seat driver instead LoL
Let your wife go first. She will then tell you whether the car is any good or not. After all, it will be her new daily driver. What kind of car do you actually want to get?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

When I arrived at my re-arranged time slot of 4pm Sunday, the ineos crew booking me in asked me why i didn’t turn up at 10:00am on Saturday which was my original booking time😳. Anyway, I took my brother with me, and when the Ineos crew asked me who was taking it for a drive, I asked them whether we both could? They said no problems, so my brother took it for a spin as well, even though he wasn’t booked in all. This was actually a good move by them, as my brother now is buying one too.

Anyway, just work it out with the guys at the drive day directly, they are a good bunch. There is an obvious disconnect between the online booking portal and the people on the ground.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I went early to the Perth drive and ended up being there for 3 hours.
A guy that was there by himself asked me if I wanted to go in as a passenger and then so did another person.
Then finally I had my drive.
Pretty sure one couple swapped seats part way round the track.
They can only take 3 people in the vehicle for the drive for some reason and I am taking my wife, daughter and her partner so my daughter misses out on going in the vehicle unless she can go as a passenger with someone else.
But she will still be there to see it

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went early to the Perth drive and ended up being there for 3 hours.
A guy that was there by himself asked me if I wanted to go in as a passenger and then so did another person.
Then finally I had my drive.
Pretty sure one couple swapped seats part way round the track.
They can only take 3 people in the vehicle for the drive for some reason and I am taking my wife, daughter and her partner so my daughter misses out on going in the vehicle unless she can go as a passenger with someone else.
But she will still be there to see it
@DaveB, If I were you, I would also let your daughter drive so that she is convinced by the vehicle and also orders one. Don't let her do what her friend did and come home with a Jeep.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB, If I were you, I would also let your daughter drive so that she is convinced by the vehicle and also orders one. Don't let her do what her friend did and come home with a Jeep.
Sadly
My daughter is not into cars at all.
To her they are just a means to an end.
Be assured I would do everything I could to stop her from buying a Jeep

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sadly
My daughter is not into cars at all.
To her they are just a means to an end.
Be assured I would do everything I could to stop her from buying a Jeep
I also notice that cars no longer play such a big role for the younger generation. The new Ipad is more important.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also notice that cars no longer play such a big role for the younger generation. The new Ipad is more important.
She uses a computer for work but doesn't have one personally
My grandsons are 11 & 12 and they are on them every chance they get.
So many people these days don't even own a car.
Young guy in his 20's I work with doesn't even have a drivers license.
He has an electric bike, electric scooter, Uber and public transport.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She uses a computer for work but doesn't have one personally
My grandsons are 11 & 12 and they are on them every chance they get.
So many people these days don't even own a car.
Young guy in his 20's I work with doesn't even have a drivers license.
He has an electric bike, electric scooter, Uber and public transport.
Yes, many are pure users. When it comes to finding solutions to problems, they search the net. I think about the problem first. If we get stuck in the mud with our grenadiers and even the differential locks don't help any more, no app is of any use to me. Then you call your friend and he brings his buddy John with him. Then we'll solve the problem. You know John? John Deere Green. Look up Joe Diffy on YouTube.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
I dare say that many of them can just not anymore afford them.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Was 4 of us when I drove in Perth

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
i pads are like facebook - items for old people!
Ask any millenial...

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wife was a strategic inclusion. Little interested in cars but I insisted. She loved it.

My advice: take your wife/ husband/ partner/ kid/ bean-counter/ Grenadier floating voter.

(I also took my car-nerd buddy too... my 'yes man')

:)

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I did the Sydney drive this morning and I absolutely love this car. The footrest is a total non issue for me and I forgot about it after 5 seconds of driving. The suspension is tuned really well and soaked up the bumps with ease. Did a few steep climbs over some mounds and it really didn't struggle at all. The steering is a bit heavier then my current car but that is coming from an independent front end with electric steering so can't really compare. It also feels very torquey low in the rev range too which is good.
The quality of the cabin was also really impressive and just feels like it has been made to last a long time.

Overall it just felt like a really fun car to drive and has a sense of ruggedness to it; but also is very comfortable to drive.

Cannot wait to take delivery!!

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_235715828.jpg
    PXL_20221208_235715828.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20221208_224837838.jpg
    PXL_20221208_224837838.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20221208_225556633.jpg
    PXL_20221208_225556633.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20221208_224757091.jpg
    PXL_20221208_224757091.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 75

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did the Sydney drive this morning and I absolutely love this car. The footrest is a total non issue for me and I forgot about it after 5 seconds of driving. The suspension is tuned really well and soaked up the bumps with ease. Did a few steep climbs over some mounds and it really didn't struggle at all. The steering is a bit heavier then my current car but that is coming from an independent front end with electric steering so can't really compare. It also feels very torquey low in the rev range too which is good.
The quality of the cabin was also really impressive and just feels like it has been made to last a long time.

Overall it just felt like a really fun car to drive and has a sense of ruggedness to it; but also is very comfortable to drive.

Cannot wait to take delivery!!
They should be the same ones in QLD next week
I haven't seen one with the safari windows yet so that will be good to get in

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great images... and nice to see different spec of vehicle to the Perth event.

Also good to see Britannia Blue unambiguously lit! 🇬🇧 ... (not so sure about the contrast roof... and no BFG's!)

Back
Top Bottom