The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Drive - the shakedown

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
So everyone must be thinking about their first drive of THEIR new Grenadier - especially those expecting a car soonish.

I think the first "serious" drive should be a "get to know you" or shakedown where I can explore and learn to use all the features & functions and how the car handles & performs on differing surfaces & environments.

So what are people planning as their debut journey in the Grenadier - a short trip or a longer journey

My Grenadier "shakedown" journey will be 4 or 5 days, including for 2 nights camping out, over both bitumen but mainly gravel and some full off roading in North East Victoria.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well it's a minimum 2.5 hr drive from the agent to home ; may go via the alternative longer route through the central highlands as the first ever drive , with afternoon tea at this Gondwanaland relic lake site 🙂20230311_144930.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope to visit my son, daughter in law and grand-daughter (5 months old) in Hungary the last week of April and first of May, taking the smaller roads and some dirt tracks. Not really the best scenery, but some nice places anyway.
Staying in hotels etc, camping or caravan?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Staying in hotels etc, camping or caravan?
I hope camping, although not sure that a lot of campings will be open yet, although I dare to camp in the wild despite the prohibition in most European countries. Otherwise hotels. I prefer the smaller ones at the country side.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
I hope to visit my son, daughter in law and grand-daughter (5 months old) in Hungary the last week of April and first of May, taking the smaller roads and some dirt tracks. Not really the best scenery, but some nice places anyway.
Your vehicle will get home sick - for your agent's showroom - it must think that is its home.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There will a month or two of running in, which might include a fee 4wd day trips. After that there will be a trip from Sydney to South Australia via Broken Hill to visit friends and a little bit of playing along the way. Nothing extreme but a good shake down.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
So everyone must be thinking about their first drive of THEIR new Grenadier - especially those expecting a car soonish.

I think the first "serious" drive should be a "get to know you" or shakedown where I can explore and learn to use all the features & functions and how the car handles & performs on differing surfaces & environments.

So what are people planning as their debut journey in the Grenadier - a short trip or a longer journey

My Grenadier "shakedown" journey will be 4 or 5 days, including for 2 nights camping out, over both bitumen but mainly gravel and some full off roading in North East Victoria.
My first trip will be out this way.......200 klm of mostly challenging terrain on the Holland Track in winter of course, this will be my 4th "expedition" :)
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj6_m41jiHy/?hl=en

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Honestly depends on the time of year, and possibly what year...;)

Late summer or early fall, would be nice to do a "fall color" trip, 2-3 days of mountain passes, maybe an Alpine Loop trip. Nothing too extreme, just time to enjoy the truck and the scenery.

Fall 2021.02.jpg
In the winter, probably just weekend ski trips, so lots of time in traffic to enjoy the heated seats.

If it's spring, that will take some thought. Spring is an interesting time in Colorado. Fun to think about though

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once it's run in a bit (1000 miles) and I've changed the oil etc and if the summer is still with us then a trip up to the west coast of Scotland. Nothing too taxing, perhaps take some Welsh hills in on the way home if all is well.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I doubt I’ll do a trip forts off, but I might go for a drive round the Borders just to get a feel for it..
I’ll probably just end up putting it straight to work.

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Honestly depends on the time of year, and possibly what year...;)

Late summer or early fall, would be nice to do a "fall color" trip, 2-3 days of mountain passes, maybe an Alpine Loop trip. Nothing too extreme, just time to enjoy the truck and the scenery.

View attachment 7807681
In the winter, probably just weekend ski trips, so lots of time in traffic to enjoy the heated seats.

If it's spring, that will take some thought. Spring is an interesting time in Colorado. Fun to think about though
Makes me homesick. DRGW country. Or DRGS. I lived along the "Chile Line."

Back
Top Bottom