The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First Drive - the shakedown

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
We are going to take a trip from North America to South America for a year, as soon as the car is delivered.
Hopefully, there will already be dealers in the USA who can perform the first maintenance service by then.
Sounds brilliant. Can you let me know how you get on obtaining insurance in the USA for a foreign registered vehicle. We are real keen to do a similar trip but first it’s Africa for us.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
the little bstards!

was thinking of them as I was typing....
A lot of Midges around here at the moment so have to spray Busman's repellent on often
Went to the boat ramp about 150 metres from home last night about 6.30pm so the boys could try for some flathead
One of my grandsons casting out in the middle with his school mate.
Visiting us for the school holidays and loving it.
This turtle swam up close to say hello, we saw two more a bit further out and a good size stingray.
Unfortunately no fish for dinner

Not sure how far I will have to go for my first drive.
The shot with the moon in it shows a smudge on the horizon which is Fraser Island
IMG_6570.jpgIMG_6587.jpgIMG_6588.jpg

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
The Chili Line is on my list - one of these days...
I know I didn't spell it the traditional way but I can't make myself spell chile with an "i." Eons ago I lived near Buckman, NM, then in Espanola. CO has some great routes. I made it to Westwater last year. Thought it would be this cliff drop on 4x4 and it was graded/paved. Liked that fall foliage photo.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Original estimate for my delivery was Aug but probably Sept, start of spring here in Oz.
Picking up in Melbourne and taking the longest circuitous path of dirt roads back to Sydney, up through the alpine region, camping and painting landscapes along the way.

It’ll be run in by the time I get to Sydney.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
We are going to take a trip from North America to South America for a year, as soon as the car is delivered.
Hopefully, there will already be dealers in the USA who can perform the first maintenance service by then.
How much does it cost to ship a vehicle across the Atlantic for a trip like that?

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Bunda-Cliffs-1024x683.jpeg

Then.

75-mile-beach-from-the_rotated_90.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent, see you thereabouts!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Once it's run in a bit (1000 miles) and I've changed the oil etc and if the summer is still with us then a trip up to the west coast of Scotland. Nothing too taxing, perhaps take some Welsh hills in on the way home if all is well.
sounds nice.

pg56 of the owners manual says to "run-in" the engine for 500ml/800km.

Nothing much as changed then in 50 years - the manual of my '66 Porsche says to "run-in" the engine for 600 miles by not exceeding 4,500 rpm

IMG_7164.JPG

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that's a proper "shakedown" trip!!

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm thinking some drives to the Yarra Valley on bitumen to get the feel for the on-road dynamics. Then some more adventurous dirt in the Bunyip State Park not too far from home. When run in, the rest of Australia beckons!
No doubt some short camping trips in North Victoria will be on the list too.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was quite reasonable I think. But from all reports it's considerably more now
I haven’t been following prices on that route but for Australia-US prices have eased somewhat in the last months.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
I haven’t been following prices on that route but for Australia-US prices have eased somewhat in the last months.
Yes, I have a friend who imports from India to Au and containers went from $5k to 13K in a few months.....like you have said, prices have eased somewhat

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom