The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fieldmaster 18” Alloys ‘Beadlock’

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

On US Fieldmasters we are stuck with the 18” wheel, unfortunately. I’m a fan of keeping stock wheels, but I want to remove some bling from the truck when I take delivery hopefully this quarter.

I’d like to either powdercoat the entire set satin black or possibly just powdercoat the ‘beadlock’ ring black. Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove this piece?

IMG_6927.jpeg

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
I was planning to plastidip mine in a metallic gray to match the wheel. But 4th or 5th on my to do list. May wait for Springtime.

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Plastidip crossed my mind, but I love the durability of powdercoating. Either way, I was thinking I’d need to remove the ring for the cleanest job.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All,

On US Fieldmasters we are stuck with the 18” wheel, unfortunately. I’m a fan of keeping stock wheels, but I want to remove some bling from the truck when I take delivery hopefully this quarter.

I’d like to either powdercoat the entire set satin black or possibly just powdercoat the ‘beadlock’ ring black. Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove this piece?

View attachment 7838018
Hi gtank, The polished aluminum looking bead lock is not a bead lock and not removable. It just cosmetic. You should however be able to have all or just a portion of the rim powder coated to get the look you would like. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All,

View attachment 7838018
I would not be surprised if 17” takeoffs start appearing in the classifieds.

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. I know it’s a faux beadlock, just hoping there’s some way to remove it and save some money on remounting tires, etc. I’ll probably end up going the full satin black powdercoat route.

If a set of 17” alloys went for sale, I’d definitely jump on those. Maybe I can convince my dealer to facilitate a pre-delivery trade 😎

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I built up from base station wagon for this reason (I wanted both FM and TM features with 17” wheels). Basically a TM minus the snorkel plus leather and safari windows. I like the 17” rims and should provide for a more compliant ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 20

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. I know it’s a faux beadlock, just hoping there’s some way to remove it and save some money on remounting tires, etc. I’ll probably end up going the full satin black powdercoat route.

If a set of 17” alloys went for sale, I’d definitely jump on those. Maybe I can convince my dealer to facilitate a pre-delivery trade 😎
I know some dealers who offer curb rash repair while the tire is on the wheel (they take the wheel off the truck). The Land Rover dealer near me has a guy coming by once a week to fix curb rash. I've had good results with it so far on my wife's car. Perhaps if your dealer knows someone - he can spray paint the beadlock or even spray paint the entire wheel.

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I know some dealers who offer curb rash repair while the tire is on the wheel (they take the wheel off the truck). The Land Rover dealer near me has a guy coming by once a week to fix curb rash. I've had good results with it so far on my wife's car. Perhaps if your dealer knows someone - he can spray paint the beadlock or even spray paint the entire wheel.
I’ve got a powdercoat guy that’s done a couple sets for me. It’s $300/wheel, so not too bad, including mounting and rebalancing. Maybe I’m being cheap 😅

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a powdercoat guy that’s done a couple sets for me. It’s $300/wheel, so not too bad, including mounting and rebalancing. Maybe I’m being cheap 😅
If you love your rims, powder coating is a great way to go. If you are not that in love with them, there are many aftermarket rims for that same price. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom