The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fender flares

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed a fender flare yet that can give me some instruction how to reinstall it on the vehicle?

There are some black plastic pieces that it seems to attach to, but I can’t tell if I’m supposed to pop them all out, slide on the fender flare and pop the whole thing back in or if I’m supposed to bend/slide the fender flare clip onto them one by one.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
What's on the other side of those black pieces. If they pop out and can snap back in easily I'd remove them, install them in the flare, and pop it all on as one. I think rotating it on would be too risky of scratching something.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
There are some black plastic pieces that it seems to attach to, but I can’t tell if I’m supposed to pop them all out, slide on the fender flare and pop the whole thing back in or if I’m supposed to bend/slide the fender flare clip onto them one by one.
Those plastic clips are supposed to be popped back into the flare before going onto the fender. I haven't removed a flare from one of these before, but that's how those clips operate in general

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed a fender flare yet that can give me some instruction how to reinstall it on the vehicle?

Thanks in advance
The problem with those clips, that sometimes you break the rear part of the clip. It would be good the have some spare clips. The picture below are some similar broken clips from the inside trims. I bought some similar spares on Ali Express for some euro's and replace each broken clip.

20240216_094303.jpg

But indeed, you should remove them first, pop them back in the fender flare like @Bruce and @anand said and then push the flare back in place.

Back
Top Bottom