The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

FAQ Social Groups

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
There is now the option to have a Social Group on the forum.

What's that I hear you say, well it's the place for individual Grenadier clubs to have a home as part of this community, organize events and provide local information for their particular group members.
As we have seen, quite a few of the members of the forum do not indulge in any other social media and may be missing out on drives, events and general information in their particular area. Some members run Facebook groups as well as participate here, so with the social groups it is a way for them to cross post from all platforms to make sure members are able to take part and keep updated on local group news.
Also due to the nature of the Grenadier I personally am anticipating that a lot of people will be extensively traveling out of their usual stomping grounds and unless you scour the internet searching for local Grenadier clubs and groups you may be missing out on what local areas have to offer and making new connections within the Grenadier community at large.
This is a Global community of Grenadier owners and I believe it is all the better for it, and the cross pollination of ideas is what makes it so special, pretty much like the Grenadier itself.

Anyhow,

• Any forum member can set up a group
  • Any member can be invited to a group
  • Any member can request to be part of a group
  • Membership of a particular group is managed by the group owner/starter
  • Group ownership can be handed over to another account if required
  • Groups are publicly viewable to forum members and non members

Once you set up your social group (click on social groups and 'create social group' then follow the prompts, make sure to invite a few members.

To have a banner in your signature linking back to your group then cut and paste the following 2 lines of code into your forum signature. I'd advise the group owner to do this at the least.

Come Join THE Group for Grenadiers in your_area_here
[GROUP=x][/GROUP]

Cut and replace the orange text above with the area that you cover.

Change the x to your group number.
To find that look at the url for your group. This is the one for the Dmv group https://www.theineosforum.com/dbtech-social/ineos-grenadiers-of-dc-maryland-virginia-dmv.3/
As you can see this is designated group 3, if you're group 5 change it to 5 and so on.

If you have any problems then message me and I'll help out.

Here is an example in action

Come Join THE Conversation for Grenadiers in the DMV

Thanks go to @[ Adam ] for providing the code

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
In addition to the above. If you create a social group then you can look for members to invite on the members map (located under the member tab at the top of the page) make sure you allow the forum to show your location otherwise you’ll get a blank screen.

There you can zoom in on the area you want to cover and see who is around. Click on their location indicator and see their username.

Invites can be made in bulk.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you! (testing my sigline)

Back
Top Bottom