The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

FAQ Forum Members Map

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
I would say yes and no ...

Grunt is:
  • for owners or future owners
  • dealers and maintenance workshops
  • exact or almost exact coordinates
The forum map is "forum members":
  • the two categories above
  • approximate coordinates (unless the member improves it)
  • other interested people
  • Ineos employees ("lurkers")
  • dealer employees (other lurkers)
  • accessories providers
@emax and @Stu_Barnes can correct me.
It is only visible by members of the site.

With Regards to the GRUNT I think this is a fabulous resource and let's face it, redundancy is great.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
I wish someone at Ineos would look at the map and realize we need more dealers in the Mid Atlantic. I drove six hours round trip today from Northern Virginia for a test drive in Philadelphia.

It's maddening.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wish someone at Ineos would look at the map and realize we need more dealers in the Mid Atlantic. I drove six hours round trip today from Northern Virginia for a test drive in Philadelphia.

It's maddening.
That's tough - but I think IA has plans to get you closer to a dealer in a year's time. IIRC there are (were?) plans for a dealer somewhere in Maryland, but I can't seem to find the specifics at the moment.

It is my understanding that location choice was heavily influenced by pre-order density. If you look at the MAP I made, this kinda shows, but the only pins there are from people who told me where they are. We have far more members than pins on the map, but it does sorta make visual sense.

That said, I don't disagree with you at all. The reality is, however, that the preorder numbers were around 7,200 when we interviewed Greg Clark, so how many dealers can that really sustain this early in IA's existence? This isn't perfect math, but let's use 8,000 units across 20 dealers - that's 400 units per dealer. According to this 2019/2020 STUDY, in NJ there are a little over 500 new car dealerships who on average, sell just over 1000 cars per year. So, comparatively speaking, 400 per dealer is a good ways off the mark; but, if there were 30 IA dealerships, that average becomes even worse at ~267. Surly it's not that simplistic, but the fact that they have 20 right off the bat is kinda impressive IMO.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It wouldn't be so much of a concern if the promised service network, online parts catalog and factory service manuals had materialized - but US deliveries will likely start in the next week and Ineos USA has been silent since they announced retail partners on September 28.

Tell Mr. Clark, that with all due respect, the job isn't done - the work has just begun.

Edit: I sound angry - I'm not. I'm just worried about breaking down and not being able to get service.

Last edited:

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
I've set my lcoation in m yaccount settings (well, closely enough, within 5 miles) but i don't see to appear on the member map. Am i doing something wrong? :LOL:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I've set my lcoation in m yaccount settings (well, closely enough, within 5 miles) but i don't see to appear on the member map. Am i doing something wrong? :LOL:

Hi @Baron von Teuchter if you're using a vpn, v-sat or starlink etc the location of your account will be pegged to that ip address.

You can manually set your location and it will stay put, you just need to find out your ip address location and drag your marker to where you want it.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Baron von Teuchter if you're using a vpn, v-sat or starlink etc the location of your account will be pegged to that ip address.

You can manually set your location and it will stay put, you just need to find out your ip address location and drag your marker to where you want it.

Sorry i just saw this! Yes you’re right, I’m on starlink, that’s maybe what the issue is. Cheers, will have a go!

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got it, it had me in central London, 600 miles away 😂😂

Thanks Stu.

Is there a way to see how many actual IG owners there are on here? I know we can see total members but can we see number of curious/ordered/signed/in-build/delivered? I’m curious to see what % of grenadier owners are actually in the forum. If we know build number is around 10k I’d guess maybe 20-30%? Bearing in mind that built cars doesn’t equal sold cars…

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Got it, it had me in central London, 600 miles away 😂😂

Thanks Stu.

Is there a way to see how many actual IG owners there are on here? I know we can see total members but can we see number of curious/ordered/signed/in-build/delivered? I’m curious to see what % of grenadier owners are actually in the forum. If we know build number is around 10k I’d guess maybe 20-30%? Bearing in mind that built cars doesn’t equal sold cars…

I update this every week or so. The latest post should be a good indication

V-Sat and Starlink etc has been a bit of a problem for people finding themselves, and that’s before those who use proxy ip’s who uncheck the box letting everyone on the forum know they’re online. Those peeps will never find themselves ;)

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a cleanup of this part of the forum

• Members who are Grenadier owners are in blue.
  • Members who do not own a Grenadier are in white.
  • Commercial accounts are in red.
  • The user data is now unclustered making it easier to find yourself.
  • Simply drag your marker to your desired location.
  • If you want to opt out then check the box.

This feature is only open to registered forum members and is not viewable outside of this community.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 9.11.36 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom