The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

FAQ Forum Members Map

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Finally the members map is live.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 3.03.42 PM.png

Select 'members' from the dropdown menu and then 'member map'

The positions are generated by your IP address and not your geolocation the map centers on your current IP address location.

For the map to populate you need to let the forum know your location when asked.

Only registered members can view this resource.

If you would like to opt out, then in your preferences select the option to hide your online presence.

You can fine tune your location if you wish.

Also if you're using some sort of VPN software then you'll be popping up all over the place ;)

EDIT. If you don't see your entry then give it a while, the system only populates in batches.

Also on the iPhone

Settings > privacy and security > location services > safari websites (and I have “while using app” selected)

To ensure you allow your device to share the location with the forum software. If not then you’ll just get a blank screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 1.29.57 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 1.29.57 PM.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7822900

The positions are generated by your IP address and not your geolocation the map centers on your current IP address location.

For the map to populate you need to let the forum know your location when asked.

If you would like to opt out, then in your preferences select the option to hide your online presence.

Also if you're using some sort of VPN software then you'll be popping up all over the place ;)

EDIT. If you don't see your entry then give it a while, the system only populates in batches.
That’s another good enhancement Stu, pin moved to the correct point too now! Thanks

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7822900

Brilliant Stu

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Very cool! Looks great.

First blush surprise for me just clicking around? How many members have -zero- posts! C'mon people! Post! We need to spread out the redundant observations and questions. 😉

Speaking of which, does anyone have any thoughts about oil? 🤣 I'M KIDDING!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the member map suffering an outage? I don't seem able to access it. I have accessed it previously.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same as me. Not sure what the issue might be. The window remains blank. Same on my iPhone.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Its an apple thing by the looks of it.

You have to let the browser share your location, there should be popup that opens when you select the member map.

The last time my phone updated this defaulted to off and the map didn't work, it just gave me a grey screen.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its an apple thing by the looks of it.

You have to let the browser share your location, there should be popup that opens when you select the member map.

The last time my phone updated this defaulted to off and the map didn't work, it just gave me a grey screen.
Nice one Stu, mines now working, thanks

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
On mobile phone, works, great, there is one at about 1 km from my place but none at 0 km :unsure: ;) :ROFLMAO:
You can drag your pin to any location that you choose @Jean Mercier the pin will then stay there.

The initial location is determined by the ip address, so if you're on a dynamic iip then you'll be traveling extensively amongst the other members ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
You can drag your pin to any location that you choose @Jean Mercier the pin will then stay there.

The initial location is determined by the ip address, so if you're on a dynamic iip then you'll be traveling extensively amongst the other members ;)
I don't want you to drop by right now at my exact location :unsure: ;)

Well, you are an exception, but not everybody :ROFLMAO:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I can't drop a members pin, I have no access to that, it is done from the members individual account, or automatically by ip every time the system updates..

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone provide detailed guidance on the adjustments I should make on both my MacBook and my iPhone in order to be able to see the map? I can see it on my PC

Back
Top Bottom