The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fake Grenadier

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty common to put the BMW & ZF combination into Defenders. I wonder if that was where Ineos got the idea?????
This Arkonik unit sells for 200,000 GBP or AUD350,000
I think my AUD121,000 Grenadier is a good compromise

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
Makes a Grenadier look like a bargain. Better reserve 2 ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty common to put the BMW & ZF combination into Defenders. I wonder if that was where Ineos got the idea?????
I think it was because the BMW engines already met tough global emissions laws, plus the engines are made a short distance away.
Restomods like the one above are all very well but usually are compromised in more than one way. Not to mention eye wateringly expensive to engineer and build. I'm sure they depreciate pretty quickly too!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
I think it was because the BMW engines already met tough global emissions laws, plus the engines are made a short distance away.
Restomods like the one above are all very well but usually are compromised in more than one way. Not to mention eye wateringly expensive to engineer and build. I'm sure they depreciate pretty quickly too!
Yes I am pretty sure you are correct. Another reason the factory location is good. I think the engine/gearbox come from about 200kms away. They are built/assembled by Steyr in Austria so that is another tie up that works. The ZF Gearboxes also come from near the Ineos factory.

Back
Top Bottom