The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

Fake Grenadier

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty common to put the BMW & ZF combination into Defenders. I wonder if that was where Ineos got the idea?????
This Arkonik unit sells for 200,000 GBP or AUD350,000
I think my AUD121,000 Grenadier is a good compromise

Stu_Barnes

Fixer & General Dogsbody
Staff member
Reservation Holder
Reaction score
Country
United-Nations
Makes a Grenadier look like a bargain. Better reserve 2 ;)

Tazzieman

Very Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Founding Guard
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty common to put the BMW & ZF combination into Defenders. I wonder if that was where Ineos got the idea?????
I think it was because the BMW engines already met tough global emissions laws, plus the engines are made a short distance away.
Restomods like the one above are all very well but usually are compromised in more than one way. Not to mention eye wateringly expensive to engineer and build. I'm sure they depreciate pretty quickly too!

DaveB

Veteran Contributor
In Production
Reaction score
I think it was because the BMW engines already met tough global emissions laws, plus the engines are made a short distance away.
Restomods like the one above are all very well but usually are compromised in more than one way. Not to mention eye wateringly expensive to engineer and build. I'm sure they depreciate pretty quickly too!
Yes I am pretty sure you are correct. Another reason the factory location is good. I think the engine/gearbox come from about 200kms away. They are built/assembled by Steyr in Austria so that is another tie up that works. The ZF Gearboxes also come from near the Ineos factory.

Top Bottom