The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Episode 12

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
I notice in episode 12 Jim says straight up there will be the pickup, long wheel base wagon, wagon with a short tray on the back, hydrogen power and also a smaller electric version. Also says the factory can do 60,000 a year where I have only ever heard 45,000 previously

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Remember this factory did probably made 60000 vehicles a year, when they made smart cars!, Sir JR did not state that the factory could do 60k Grenadiers, just that they got a factory that could do 60k vehicles a year.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I doubt they will run 24 hours 7 days either so we shall see. 
By the time they get around to making mine they should be up to speed and have any bugs ironed out. 
I am not disappointed that I have to wait.  

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
There was a statement that "we plan to build 35000 cars a year but can produce twice as much if necessary" in one of the videos.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
emax - I am pretty sure this was mentioned in the formal introduction videos last September, which included the various senior INEOS Automotive people.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332745028]I notice in episode 12 Jim says straight up there will be the pickup, long wheel base wagon, wagon with a short tray on the back, hydrogen power and also a smaller electric version. Also says the factory can do 60,000 a year where I have only ever heard 45,000 previously[/QUOTE]

Because the Grenadier has been built to fill a perceived gap in the vehicle market for real off road, I believe that to prove themselves & the car - INEOS have probably over engineered the Grenadier a touch. Fair enough.

However, and because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if the INEOS marketing dept. pushes for either later models to include a few more lifestyle creature comforts and luxury items on the base model or launche a more urban focussed version that can still handle many off road conditions but is even more attuned to on road driving in urban and regional settings.

I believe there will be a market for a "less off road" version and more lifestyle version - that is - keeping the existing design cues but substituting some of the more extreme off road performance/features for more luxury, sort of a step towards the current defender.

renli3d

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332747949]

Because the Grenadier has been built to fill a perceived gap in the vehicle market for real off road, I believe that to prove themselves & the car - INEOS have probably over engineered the Grenadier a touch. Fair enough.

However, and because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if the INEOS marketing dept. pushes for either later models to include a few more lifestyle creature comforts and luxury items on the base model or launche a more urban focussed version that can still handle many off road conditions but is even more attuned to on road driving in urban and regional settings.

I believe there will be a market for a "less off road" version and more lifestyle version - that is - keeping the existing design cues but substituting some of the more extreme off road performance/features for more luxury, sort of a step towards the current defender.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if they went the upscale urban lifestyle vehicle route. they would in essence become the modern land rover which is what the ineos founders lamented which spurred them to create their own truck.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Toby the designer and Jim have both mentioned that the chassis was the key to everything and that took them 18 months to get the design done.
Toby also said that once that was done you could lengthen or shorten it easily to produce different model ranges. 
As it is a body on frame construction. not a monocoque you can then drop whatever body you want on it. 
They could bring the old HZ Overlander back to life. 
I could see them easily allowing options for different suspension, ride height, motor tune wheel sizes and interior.
In theory any of the Recaro seats could go in so electric adjustment 
I think there is no end of options thanks to the modular design from the start 

Attachments

• Holden.png
    Holden.png
    399.4 KB · Views: 59

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly.

If the Grenadier brand grows strongly and becomes super desireable, then I can see the marketing Dept. and the bean counters pushing to trade off that by getting a slice of the huge and fast growing urban lifestyle market.

Maybe given all the existing up front costs already sunk into the project - it could be relatively cost effective and highly profitable to create a more expensive "urban focussed" version: the "Citymaster" maybe?

Hire a few of hipster lifestyle car designers; drop some of the more serious off road stuff, (lockers, solid axles, etc.), whilst adding a suite of driver friendly luxury interior items, (bigger touch screens, more leather, more electronics, larger choice of colour both in & out, slightly bigger windows etc.) and boom - a new Grenadier edition like a MB G wagon for the girls to drive around town but at half the price!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I doubt very much you will see the solid axles or the transfer box go anywhere
Better sound system and higher luxury levels I can see. 
Larger wheels with low profile road tyres and a high power engine option 
Definitely market specific options with locally sources accessories

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332748376]Exactly.
drop some of the more serious off road stuff, (lockers, solid axles, etc.), whilst adding a suite of driver friendly luxury interior items, (bigger touch screens, more leather, more electronics, larger choice of colour both in & out, slightly bigger windows etc.) and boom - a new Grenadier edition ...[/QUOTE]

We already have tons of such cars by JLR and others.

No thank you.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

On 04:35 nice IG model, want one... 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-215703.png
    Screenshot_20220601-215703.png