The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Did anyone get a good estimate on when are the 1st Orders landing ?
They have been saying Jan but other dealers are calling out in Nov/Dec window.

Gosh, I'm not sure when the first customer Grenadiers will arrive, but I'm thinking really soon. I hope the dealerships (EBA) are ready and able to perform maintenance, handle warranty issues & repairs, etc. beyond PDI and deliveries.

Dealership preparedness should be actively managed by Ineos. Right?

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My wife and I had a test drive with Kevin (Sales Manager) who is Shawn‘s (or Sean’s) brother. Both seem to be solid guys and very excited about the Ineos Grenadier. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Getting to drive it on the road I can confirm what others have said about having to “unwind” the steering wheel after a sharp turn. Having a 1997 Land Cruiser as my daily and a diesel Dodge truck, both with solid front axles, I thought I wouldn’t really notice it but it definitely drove different. That being said, it only took a couple miles to get familiar with it and by the time I got back to EBA it felt natural.

As info, the IA website is still showing the incorrect order info for me, but Kevin has confirmed they have mine correctly listed. He said the issue with my order is likely that an automated email that required me to click “confirm order” went to my spam folder and I deleted it without noticing. I have numerous emails from IA customer service and have received all the update emails so I’m not sure why the one that actually mattered would have gone to spam.

Oh well, I get a few more months to get my 3 Land Cruisers ready to sell. If anyone knows someone looking for an 80 or 100 series Land Cruiser, send them my way. All 3 will likely be going up on Bringatrailer.com eventually.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My wife and I had a test drive with Kevin (Sales Manager) who is Shawn‘s (or Sean’s) brother. Both seem to be solid guys and very excited about the Ineos Grenadier. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Getting to drive it on the road I can confirm what others have said about having to “unwind” the steering wheel after a sharp turn. Having a 1997 Land Cruiser as my daily and a diesel Dodge truck, both with solid front axles, I thought I wouldn’t really notice it but it definitely drove different. That being said, it only took a couple miles to get familiar with it and by the time I got back to EBA it felt natural.

As info, the IA website is still showing the incorrect order info for me, but Kevin has confirmed they have mine correctly listed. He said the issue with my order is likely that an automated email that required me to click “confirm order” went to my spam folder and I deleted it without noticing. I have numerous emails from IA customer service and have received all the update emails so I’m not sure why the one that actually mattered would have gone to spam.

Oh well, I get a few more months to get my 3 Land Cruisers ready to sell. If anyone knows someone looking for an 80 or 100 series Land Cruiser, send them my way. All 3 will likely be going up on Bringatrailer.com eventually.

Hi Murphy,

Awesome to hear you had a great experience at EBA. Agreed both Kevin and Shawn are super friendly and passionate about the Grenadier. And great to hear your test drive went well.

As for us, I chatted with IG rep on-line yesterday, just to reach out on what's the status of my vehicle. And he said, "your vehicle is built and awaiting transport at the moment as far as status of the vehicle goes". And I asked him to guess, where my Grenadier is physically at (Europe, water, or U.S.), he said, he thinks it still at the factory, but didn't know for sure and that I would see it in a couple of months. Yay!

And today (10/23), I received my reservation deposit $450 back as a credit. I checked the Ineos Grenadier site and still shows, my reservation paid and date, but I'm getting my deposit back. It will take some time for the system to update.

This is getting more real...
Sparo

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Murphy,

Awesome to hear you had a great experience at EBA. Agreed both Kevin and Shawn are super friendly and passionate about the Grenadier. And great to hear your test drive went well.

As for us, I chatted with IG rep on-line yesterday, just to reach out on what's the status of my vehicle. And he said, "your vehicle is built and awaiting transport at the moment as far as status of the vehicle goes". And I asked him to guess, where my Grenadier is physically at (Europe, water, or U.S.), he said, he thinks it still at the factory, but didn't know for sure and that I would see it in a couple of months. Yay!

And today (10/23), I received my reservation deposit $450 back as a credit. I checked the Ineos Grenadier site and still shows, my reservation paid and date, but I'm getting my deposit back. It will take some time for the system to update.

This is getting more real...
Sparo
My IG is 08/2023 built and to be delivered 10/2023 o_O (Still got 7 more days)

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My IG is 08/2023 built and to be delivered 10/2023 o_O (Still got 7 more days)
Hi JATT,

That's awesome... I am definitely hope October happens for you. Please, post as soon as you know. Question: Did your reservation deposit fee ($450) get refunded yet? Is the "deposit refund" an indicator of progress? Thank you

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi JATT,

That's awesome... I am definitely hope October happens for you. Please, post as soon as you know. Question: Did your reservation deposit fee ($450) get refunded yet? Is the "deposit refund" an indicator of progress? Thank you
The 10/2023 delivery date is what shows in their system but the dealer doesn't even know if it's on a boat yet.
I doubt anything happening in Oct or even in Nov 2023 !!

I haven't received the refund yet. Isn't the $450 adjusted towards the price?

Last edited:

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
The 10/2023 delivery date is what shows in their system but the dealer doesn't even know if it's on a boat yet.
I doubt anything happening in Oct or even in Nov !!

I haven't received the refund yet. Isn't the $450 adjusted towards the price?
My understanding, is the $450 reservation fee would be refunded from Ineos and then we would be working with the dealership.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
My understanding, is the $450 reservation fee would be refunded from Ineos and then we would be working with the dealership.
Correct

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Going in later this week to check out the leather in the fieldmaster and play with the infotainment screens since I didn't have time to do that during my drive. Anyone need pictures of anything?

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Going in later this week to check out the leather in the fieldmaster and play with the infotainment screens since I didn't have time to do that during my drive. Anyone need pictures of anything?
I was unable to test the audio system in the FM. Check to see if its really a premium system with the added sub.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was unable to test the audio system in the FM. Check to see if its really a premium system with the added sub.
I will turn it up if I get a chance and give you my VERY subjective opinion. I am pretty picky with audio (Naim, Dynaudio, Sennheiser, Focal, etc at home) but in cars as long as it's not awful I give it a pass. I don't think I've ever done any serious listening on 4 wheels.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For those who have driven the Grenadier on the road, did you find yourself having to duck your head to see the traffic light when stopped in the first spot at an intersection? The sun visor seems to hang down too low and blocks the light at some intersections. Won’t be an issue at larger 4+ lane roads, but I found that an annoyance when driving some of the 2-lane roads around the dealership.

@Bruce - I can’t think of anything in particular, but feel free to share some pictures following your next visit.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I assume that the answer to your question is highly related to the height of the driver.
I am 1.94 meters and can see the traffic lights under normal conditions.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
For those who have driven the Grenadier on the road, did you find yourself having to duck your head to see the traffic light when stopped in the first spot at an intersection? The sun visor seems to hang down too low and blocks the light at some intersections. Won’t be an issue at larger 4+ lane roads, but I found that an annoyance when driving some of the 2-lane roads around the dealership.

@Bruce - I can’t think of anything in particular, but feel free to share some pictures following your next visit.
Can't you just look at the lights on the other side of the intersection???
1698257411868.png

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This is one of the intersections. We don’t typically have that additional traffic light here in the states.

Attachments

• ABA498DB-6199-40CC-861A-9AE7730D9A53.jpeg
    ABA498DB-6199-40CC-861A-9AE7730D9A53.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 17

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, safari windows will help. Also, stopping earlier and not pulling up to the line will need to happen.

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Howdy..

Test drove on Friday. "preorded" in June Gary Weiss told me Q1 for an arrival date which would be crazy fast. I expected a year or two. I didn’t do an early reservation, I was hoping time things late to prepare for my kids needing a hand me down car and my wife taking the Ineos

Anyone who complains about the process/communication hasn't been through the Bronco roll out. I find EBA, Ineos and Gary SUPER easy to deal with and super responsive. I understand that the sales team is not obsessed like I am... or focused on what I am.

I was thoroughly impressed. Solid build. very comfortable seats, great visibility forward, rides well. Disappointed about no blind spot monitoring. Steering is different but not bad, just doesn't return to center like a rack and pinion. You kind feel like you are driving a bus.

Attachments

• IMG_5296.png
    IMG_5296.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom