The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenadier from EB on Friday. Great experience and wonderful bunch of people. Mike spent over an hour going through the vehicle front to back, explaining everything. They have 40 Grenadiers on the lot getting prepped for customer delivery. As was stated above, they are planning several off road events hopefully from Feb. My rock sliders and rubber floor mats were installed but still waiting for the rear load space partition. They just received a delivery of accessories and are getting more almost every day.

View attachment 7836992
Hi rt10516, Love the Shale Blue so much that I ordered it too. Mine arriving in April 2024.
Merry Christmas. DaBull

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I can attest to a nope on this one. By chance LA got a pounding rain storm the day @Stu_Barnes got his truck. The boot wash is still in effect - he sent me a nice video. Maybe he’ll post it here.
Ohhhh, there is a "fix" that can be done :ROFLMAO:
Thank you! That's good news re: the aux panel fix. I can live with the Adas sequence. Overall, I want to know IF some update is coming... do I wait or collect the car?
How long are you willing to wait? I wouldn't expect a software update within the coming weeks, they've got their hands full with other happenings (such as dealers that are unable to deliver cars for various reasons of their own doing)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ohhhh, there is a "fix" that can be done :ROFLMAO:
What is the fix and if the fix is available why has it not been applied to the 2024s? Probably coming across in a negative tone, but shouldn't this be resolved before we start picking up our vehicles?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is the fix and if the fix is available why has it not been applied to the 2024s? Probably coming across in a negative tone, but shouldn't this be resolved before we start picking up our vehicles?
From what I had heard the 2024s have some sort of updated or modified door seals that are intended to limit any water retention; again, based on what I heard the dealer demos should have a "modified" door seal to achieve the same result. Of course, this was from back at the end of the Summer when they first started arriving, so it could be outdated.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I had heard the 2024s have some sort of updated or modified door seals that are intended to limit any water retention; again, based on what I heard the dealer demos should have a "modified" door seal to achieve the same result. Of course, this was from back at the end of the Summer when they first started arriving, so it could be outdated.
In vehicles that are currently being delivered to dealers (at least here in Germany), the lower door seals have already been notched at the factory with a hole punch so that the water can leak out.
I have seen this adaptation on new vehicles.
In my opinion, this is not a professional solution.
I can imagine that the seals will start to tear out at this point over time.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In vehicles that are currently being delivered to dealers (at least here in Germany), the lower door seals have already been notched at the factory with a hole punch so that the water can leak out.
I have seen this adaptation on new vehicles.
This is what the "MY23.5" dealer demo trucks have in the US; I'd love to see a MY24 to see if it is actually a new part or just the notch

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is what the "MY23.5" dealer demo trucks have in the US; I'd love to see a MY24 to see if it is actually a new part or just the notch
The vehicles I saw were MY23, but I'll be there again in January and will see if I can see a MY24 then and check if there is a new seal.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone with a 2024 willing to take some pictures of the door seals on their rig?

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi rt10516, Love the Shale Blue so much that I ordered it too. Mine arriving in April 2024.
Merry Christmas. DaBull
Apparently at Elliot Bay, Shale Blue is the 2nd most popular color after MM.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi rt10516, I guess that means we have good taste. Darn, I was hoping Shale Blue would be the rarest color. Of Well, it's a win-win with any of the colors as they all look great on the Grenadier. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got this pic from Sean. Looks like a couple more Shale ready to go. Mine finished today but I can't pick up until next week.

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 51

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I purchased a canceled order from Elliot Bay. I did not have a way to get there (keeping current vehicle) and they offered to come get me at my house 2 hours away. Mike Jones, the Adventure Director, picked me up in one of their demo vehicles and we were off. I really enjoyed being a passenger, it gave me plenty of time to look around ask questions. Mike is very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I look forward to future events they are planning. When I arrived he took me straight to my vehicle and I was extremely happy. I hadn't seen one since the prototypes at DirtFish and I couldn't stop smiling. He introduced me to Curtis my sales guy and we did paperwork for a couple minutes. We then when out to the G and Mike spent about an hour going over all the features of the vehicle. He also gave me a printed document they have put together covering the same information so I did not have to take notes. The last step was to stop at the finance department. I was offered an extended warranty which I declined and was on my way!

Staff was 10 out of 10. Dealership is very nice, Location was not as bad as I thought is was going to be.

I spent 2 hours round trip to get the check, 2 hours to get there about 1,5 hours at the dealership and 3 hours to get home. Was it worth it? It was 100%. I know some of you have much further distances to get to your dealer, but once you get in to your G and start driving you won't be able to stop smiling.

Cheers!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I purchased a canceled order from Elliot Bay. I did not have a way to get there (keeping current vehicle) and they offered to come get me at my house 2 hours away. Mike Jones, the Adventure Director, picked me up in one of their demo vehicles and we were off. I really enjoyed being a passenger, it gave me plenty of time to look around ask questions. Mike is very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I look forward to future events they are planning. When I arrived he took me straight to my vehicle and I was extremely happy. I hadn't seen one since the prototypes at DirtFish and I couldn't stop smiling. He introduced me to Curtis my sales guy and we did paperwork for a couple minutes. We then when out to the G and Mike spent about an hour going over all the features of the vehicle. He also gave me a printed document they have put together covering the same information so I did not have to take notes. The last step was to stop at the finance department. I was offered an extended warranty which I declined and was on my way!

Staff was 10 out of 10. Dealership is very nice, Location was not as bad as I thought is was going to be.

I spent 2 hours round trip to get the check, 2 hours to get there about 1,5 hours at the dealership and 3 hours to get home. Was it worth it? It was 100%. I know some of you have much further distances to get to your dealer, but once you get in to your G and start driving you won't be able to stop smiling.

Cheers!
The dealership/service center will be moved to South Lake Union making it even easier to get to when needed as it will be right off I5. Glad it was a successful trip

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The dealership/service center will be moved to South Lake Union making it even easier to get to when needed as it will be right off I5. Glad it was a successful trip
I asked about that yesterday and was told the new location will only be a showroom unfortunately.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what adventures you get up to!
Thanks, me too. I am sure I will be sharing a lot.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I asked about that yesterday and was told the new location will only be a showroom unfortunately.
I was told the same yesterday by Jacob. He said the south Lake Union showroom location will have a base, TM and FM to check out and you can order your vehicle there, similar to a Tesla showroom. Service will still take place at their main location off HWY99.

Last edited:

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@PNW_IG - Congratulations! I bet you’re taking every opportunity to take it out for a spin or just sneak a peak of it parked in your driveway/garage. Got any pictures to share?

So did you have a pre-order that you canceled to get this one? Did you get any information from Elliot Bay as to why this one was canceled? Was it your exact spec or just close enough that you deciders it was “the one”?

Back
Top Bottom