The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Doormats carpets Fußmatten

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I hope the stitching is NOT by hand, but with a sewing machine, otherwise this takes hours to make, and you can't make a living out of it ;)

What @emax would like on your carpets, is something like this, on a boat I took, look at the RED Grenadier symbol (this was NOT photoshopped):
20230915_143733.jpg

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I hope the stitching is NOT by hand, but with a sewing machine, otherwise this takes hours to make, and you can't make a living out of it ;)

What @emax would like on your carpets, is something like this, on a boat I took, look at the RED Grenadier symbol (this was NOT photoshopped):
View attachment 7828375
Of course, we work professionally with a special linking machine that requires no training. We have been around for several years, so you can rely on professional work! to the logo or inscription, this requires the consent of the manufacturer and the owner. Unfortunately the rights are not yet available. Furthermore, this requires a special embroidery machine that can process this thickness of the material. Prints are not of high enough quality and are only a solution for quick and easy production. We can't identify with quick and easy! Kind regards Cpucarpart.com

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, okay, it didn't come across that way! But everything is fine! But we are already planning the next steps! The logo on the boat was definitely the trigger for Ineos to use this as a logo. What employee vacations can be good for! 😂😂😂😂

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered a set of two front carpets from @Cpucarpart.com on October 2 and they arrived today, that means in 9 days, quite OK! 139 euro, because I asked “premium” quality and metallic reinforcement.

Here my first unbiased impression:
  • packaging: OK, but only cardboard, therefore in case it had rained they the box would have been soaked as well as the carpets, and the advertising brochure (in German), because the postman left it at the door
  • they fit, and look nice
  • there was a special “Grenadier red” bordered carpet for the footrest of the driver, of a different material. I didn’t order it, therefore I think it was an additional present. I don’t know if I will use it, but I installed it by pushing it a little under the trims.
20231011_125057.jpg20231011_125142.jpg

My only “small” concerns are:

• I think the metal plate should have been a little bit higher, if I see the wear of my rubber floor compared to the position of the metal plate
  • The fixation rings don’t clip in the fixation points of the Grenadier (see the second picture), they stay loose. I don’t think this will be a huge problem, because now they impeach the carpet from gliding
20231011_123620 wear.jpg
Time will tell if they last and if we like them.

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered a set of two front carpets from @Cpucarpart.com on October 2 and they arrived today, that means in 9 days, quite OK! 139 euro, because I asked “premium” quality and metallic reinforcement.

Here my first unbiased impression:
  • packaging: OK, but only cardboard, therefore in case it had rained they the box would have been soaked as well as the carpets, and the advertising brochure (in German), because the postman left it at the door
  • they fit, and look nice
  • there was a special “Grenadier red” bordered carpet for the footrest of the driver, of a different material. I didn’t order it, therefore I think it was an additional present. I don’t know if I will use it, but I installed it by pushing it a little under the trims.
View attachment 7829422View attachment 7829423

My only “small” concerns are:

• I think the metal plate should have been a little bit higher, if I see the wear of my rubber floor compared to the position of the metal plate
  • The fixation rings don’t clip in the fixation points of the Grenadier (see the second picture), they stay loose. I don’t think this will be a huge problem, because now they impeach the carpet from gliding
View attachment 7829424
Time will tell if they last and if we like them.
Hello, I'm glad that the mats arrived safely. The packaging has always been good so far and no mats have been soaked in the rain yet. And if this is the case and the mats suffer any damage, we are always ready to repair the damage!Most of the delivery time was spent shipping to your country. We shipped your mat after just 3 days (however, we forgot to send you the tracking number. This can happen in a rush!) We normally give a production time of 14 working days. then shipping is added. We are usually finished after a few days! Please never forget that we manufacture individually for each customer and not in mass production! The fact that DHL just left the package at the door is unfortunately not in our control. The package is insured by DHL and every customer has the right to report the damage there. furthermore about the part with the red border, yes it's a gift, but it doesn't belong in the car! otherwise it would look like the picture! The part is actually intended as a well-intentioned gesture for on the table where you can put your beer glass or other objects. The fact that the part has the right size is pure coincidence! The position of the mat is chosen so that both pedals can be easily operated from the plate. The only problem is that every driver moves differently in the footwell and if we want it to fit everyone, we would first have to analyze the movement pattern. This would increase the price unnecessarily and would be too exaggerated for a high quality mat. The plastic holders for the pin cannot snap into place as they only serve as a sleeve and to protect the pin. We tried to get the original ones from the manufacturer, but they are only available in conjunction with the original doormat. So it was currently impossible for us to get the original ones, which also snap into place and are difficult to release. We believe that these mats are very well thought out and are an asset to every driver. Thank you for your honest opinion and for your summary. Kind regards Cpucarpart.com

Attachments

• 20231006_153628.jpg
    20231006_153628.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
the part with the red border, yes it's a gift, but it doesn't belong in the car! otherwise it would look like the picture! The part is actually intended as a well-intentioned gesture for on the table where you can put your beer glass or other objects. The fact that the part has the right size is pure coincidence!
Thanks for the present, I like beer, I am drinking one now! But it fits on the footrest :)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drove today for the first time with the mats, but there is a safety problem: my foot gets stuck (red arrow) by the plate when I try to glide backwards (green arrow) especially after braking! Therefore I removed the mat, because this could cause an accident when I can’t move my foot as fast as it needs to move.
20231013_150239 foot stuck.jpg
I wanted to give Rene Bauhus, the carpet maker, the possibility to react before posting my experience on the forum (I said I would do) and his reaction was disappointing. I expected a "defense reaction" like his comments on my first evaluation above, and sadly I got what I expected.

His answer (partial text):
  • "Hello, you put your entire foot on the pedal, most people don't drive like that and only put the front foot on" :eek:
  • He offered to return the mat at his expense and that he would adapt it for me (y)
  • He asked not to inform the forum: "We don't need the public or a forum for this" 🔇
I understand that he thinks that my foot is always on the position of the picture, and I apologize for that. It is NEVER in that position, I only wanted to show how the shoe gets stuck, the "where" is more at the position of the green arrows.
My heel is always at the position of most wear in the picture of my previous post.

And, even if only 1 out of 100 drivers drives like me, this is a safety issue. ⚠️
He better should say: "thanks for your feedback, I will adapt the design".

So, if you like his mats, don't order the metal plate.

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I drove today for the first time with the mats, but there is a safety problem: my foot gets stuck (red arrow) by the plate when I try to glide backwards (green arrow) especially after braking! Therefore I removed the mat, because this could cause an accident when I can’t move my foot as fast as it needs to move.
View attachment 7829545
I wanted to give Rene Bauhus, the carpet maker, the possibility to react before posting my experience on the forum (I said I would do) and his reaction was disappointing. I expected a "defense reaction" like his comments on my first evaluation above, and sadly I got what I expected.

• "Hello, you put your entire foot on the pedal, most people don't drive like that and only put the front foot on" :eek:
  • He offered to return the mat at his expense and that he would adapt it for me (y)
  • He asked not to inform the forum: "We don't need the public or a forum for this" 🔇
I understand that he thinks that my foot is always on the position of the picture, and I apologize for that. It is NEVER in that position, I only wanted to show how the shoe gets stuck, the "where" is more at the position of the green arrows.
My heel is always at the position of most wear in the picture of my previous post.

And, even if only 1 out of 100 drivers drives like me, this is a safety issue. ⚠️

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7829545

It's much safer to drive with your foot in the shoe. C'mon man, you should know that. 🤣 🤣

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
So it was not only offered to rework the mat but also to return the purchase. There was no request that nothing be posted in the forum, it was simply said that you don't need a forum to solve such problems. The plate is placed in a shape and the position was chosen so that you can operate both pedals from one position with them sliding backwards. If the customer rejects our rework, we are powerless. the first time he wanted compensation from me (exact wording: Before I post my comment on the forum, I give you the chance to give me a personal “answer, compensation, or any other proposal”. Then I can tell the forum that I contacted you and that you told me “this” or “that”.) I don't have to tell anyone how this came across to us! We always try to help every customer as best we can and that's how it continues. So the offer still remains, we will work on it or buy it back! Nevertheless, we asked that this cross-language assumption phase be ended with reason. With kind regards to the entire forum cpucarpart.com

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So it was not only offered to rework the mat but also to return the purchase. There was no request that nothing be posted in the forum, it was simply said that you don't need a forum to solve such problems. The plate is placed in a shape and the position was chosen so that you can operate both pedals from one position with them sliding backwards. If the customer rejects our rework, we are powerless. the first time he wanted compensation from me (exact wording: Before I post my comment on the forum, I give you the chance to give me a personal “answer, compensation, or any other proposal”. Then I can tell the forum that I contacted you and that you told me “this” or “that”.) I don't have to tell anyone how this came across to us! We always try to help every customer as best we can and that's how it continues. So the offer still remains, we will work on it or buy it back! Nevertheless, we asked that this cross-language assumption phase be ended with reason. With kind regards to the entire forum cpucarpart.com

This was my e-mail to Rene, complete text, nothing changed:

Hello René,

I was not so happy with your response about the position of the plate in the forum: “The only problem is that every driver moves differently in the footwell and if we want it to fit everyone, we would first have to analyze the movement pattern.“, but now I am less happy …
I drove today for the first time with the mats, but there is a safety problem: my foot gets stuck (red arrow) by the plate when I try to glide backwards (green arrow)! Therefore I removed the mat, because this could cause an accident when I can’t move my foot as fast as it needs to move.
Before I post my comment on the forum, I give you the chance to give me a personal “answer, compensation, or any other proposal”. Then I can tell the forum that I contacted you and that you told me “this” or “that”.
For instance, you could say “I send you a new mat, with a better plate design” so that you can test it. And then I could say to the forum: “nice answer from Rene, but wait to ask the metal plate, till I tested it”.
Regards,

Jean

And this was his complete answer:

Hello, you put your entire foot on the pedal, most people don't drive like that and only put the front foot on. Please don't get us wrong, we are there for you and offer to adapt your mat to the way you use the pedal. To do this, please send us the driver mat and we will build it for you so that it fits you. We will be happy to take care of the return shipping to you as a gesture of goodwill. However, we would also like to ask you not to keep the forum in front of our eyes, because we are accommodating from matir! So please remember that we are there for our customers and you can always talk to us personally about problems. We don't need the public or a forum for this! So if you would like, please send us your driver's mat to cpucarpart.com [address and telephone removed] Please let us know if and when you will send us the mat. Kind regards Cpucarpart.com

OK, he offered to solve "MY PROBLEM" at his expense, that's the only positive point. What about other users and the safety issue?
I don't care about the money, I care about safety.

[EDITED] I will not send it back!

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Language and culture can often lead to much misunderstanding . I know that Jean tends to be direct and objective. I can see that CPUPARatS maybe doesn’t get dry humour too much. Either way I will be ordering a rear Matt from CPU Parts so no need to worry that discussion on this forum will be bad for your business. As long as your products are of a good quality and service is reasonable, I am sure you will do well from this forum.

Cpucarpart.com

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
This was my e-mail to Rene, complete text, nothing changed:

Hello René,

I was not so happy with your response about the position of the plate in the forum: “The only problem is that every driver moves differently in the footwell and if we want it to fit everyone, we would first have to analyze the movement pattern.“, but now I am less happy …
I drove today for the first time with the mats, but there is a safety problem: my foot gets stuck (red arrow) by the plate when I try to glide backwards (green arrow)! Therefore I removed the mat, because this could cause an accident when I can’t move my foot as fast as it needs to move.
Before I post my comment on the forum, I give you the chance to give me a personal “answer, compensation, or any other proposal”. Then I can tell the forum that I contacted you and that you told me “this” or “that”.
For instance, you could say “I send you a new mat, with a better plate design” so that you can test it. And then I could say to the forum: “nice answer from Rene, but wait to ask the metal plate, till I tested it”.
Regards,

Jean

And this was his complete answer:

Hello, you put your entire foot on the pedal, most people don't drive like that and only put the front foot on. Please don't get us wrong, we are there for you and offer to adapt your mat to the way you use the pedal. To do this, please send us the driver mat and we will build it for you so that it fits you. We will be happy to take care of the return shipping to you as a gesture of goodwill. However, we would also like to ask you not to keep the forum in front of our eyes, because we are accommodating from matir! So please remember that we are there for our customers and you can always talk to us personally about problems. We don't need the public or a forum for this! So if you would like, please send us your driver's mat to cpucarpart.com [address and telephone removed] Please let us know if and when you will send us the mat. Kind regards Cpucarpart.com

OK, he offered to solve "MY PROBLEM" at his expense, that the only positive point. What about other users and the safety issue?
I don't care about the money, I care about safety.

[EDITED] I will not send it back!
and this is my last email! If you're still thinking about it in the next few days, get in touch, we're here for you!

Are you accusing us of that which you are blaming? We didn't say a word about this! They ride the way they ride, and we place the plate so that you can reach both pedals without any problems. For the last time, I offer you that we can make improvements for you. You can also send the mats back to us undamaged and we will refund the purchase price after checking! However, we can't be said to blame the customer even though the fault lies neither with him nor with us. The customer simply needs a slightly different arrangement of the plate, and we have offered to do this for you free of charge! You should honestly communicate this in the forum. After all, we are the company that wants to satisfy the customer, but if the customer refuses to let us rework it, unfortunately we cannot change this. Kind regards, Cpucarpart.com

Back
Top Bottom