The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Donny Grey Picture Thread (no CGI please)

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Here's a picture from the Tampa FL test drive event. I had to get closer to be sure it wasn't black before I took the picture. The metallic gave it away, but it's definitely darker than I thought.

Attachments

• 20230322_102323.jpg
    20230322_102323.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 126

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
I found these in another thread on this site: Inky Black vs Donny Grey and thought others might like to see this comparison.

Inside and outside:

View attachment 7806931View attachment 7806932
The Donny Grey does look good (especially the indoor one) with all that mica in the paint. Should be bright when the sun catches it. (Yes I know, sun in Scotland?)

Reactions: BD1

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Bah..the sun is overhead, bet the roof looks good in that full sun.
I stand corrected, that must surely be inky black
It's Donny Grey

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well I can see why so many called it metallic black. You can call that anything you want, but effectively it’s metallic black !!

Pissed off as I have had my fair share of black cars and didn’t really want another, clearly I am getting another one though 🤔

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I can see why so many called it metallic black. You can call that anything you want, but effectively it’s metallic black !!

Pissed off as I have had my fair share of black cars and didn’t really want another, clearly I am getting another one though 🤔
Seeing the photo I've been looking at the colours again. And whilst it is to late in the day to change, I've arrived back to the same decision- Donny grey. When you rule all the others out you're left with Donny grey. It will at least last the test of time - I can't say that for the others. But each to there own.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Sela green and Britannia blue were two colours I rejected almost immediately when I was choosing from renders on a screen.

Now I would pick both over Donny grey in a heartbeat.

I do agree it will stand the test of time and probably have the best resale value but I am not buying it for the next owner. In fact I intend to keep it until I drop dead, so to start with a colour I am already disappointed in, is a great start !!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky, I think you are being a bit hard on the DG. Yes, all the other colours look great too. For me the pale blue and the Queens red look amazing but I too opted for the grey. I purchased the 1/18 scale model so I see it every day. It doesn’t seem to ‘pop’ like some of the other colours but I do believe it will prove a good choice not just for resale, but for my own satisfaction. Blacks, Grey and silver never seem to truly go out of fashion.

Attachments

• AAE6E173-7FD5-42C1-A58B-6D4C24F00D50.jpeg
    AAE6E173-7FD5-42C1-A58B-6D4C24F00D50.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 97

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sela green and Britannia blue were two colours I rejected almost immediately when I was choosing from renders on a screen.

Now I would pick both over Donny grey in a heartbeat.

I do agree it will stand the test of time and probably have the best resale value but I am not buying it for the next owner. In fact I intend to keep it until I drop dead, so to start with a colour I am already disappointed in, is a great start !!
If you had another colour, six months down the line, you would come to the conclusion you have gone off that colour because it wasn't your first choice. Six years done the line Donny grey will still be your first choice of colour. Besides by then the UK will be awash with Donny Grey Grenadiers, and one of them will be me,(and Cheshire Cat) don't forget to wave. 🖐️

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@Largo "WINCH" i think you are saying that the Donny grey in the photos looks great and I agree. However I would suggest that is the old Donny grey. This is the one I chose and stuck with but IA took the grey darker by about 3 shades.

That does look great in the photos though.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonder if my scale model is sporting the original shade or the newer version. Generally looks grey to me but in this pic it looks more black.IMG_1550.jpegIMG_1474.jpeg

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Mr Ecuyer, clearly visited Doncaster late in the design process..............only to realise the initial grey was too cheerful and he could be cited for misrepresentation :)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Donny Grey sounds like a mate of Joe Pesci

Back
Top Bottom