The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dogs allowed?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
This is my previous dog Henry. Great dog but couldn’t trust him with the big pigs! Had a terrible fight with the boar one day. I thought he would be killed. Boar threw him around everywhere and three big gore wounds in his muzzle. The boar give up in the end as too knackered. Took twenty minutes to get the dog off and only then by putting a sheet of tin between the two and then dragging the dog off by shredding the pigs ear ! When he was good he was very very good and when he was bad he was horrid. Never gain a bull terrier for me.
Hey, I have one of those! Well, kind of: its a miniature version but still stubborn.....
Dog2.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Lovely dogs. Full of character , just couldn’t trust mine around other animals, he had the killer instinct. Only thing he was scared of was horses as he got accidentally trod on as a pup, cows he was fine but wouldn’t back down, pigs it was war and sheep 🤔 well as a friend of mine said. That dog is only good for shagging and fighting! He would always try to shag the lambs 😂. Squirrels, rats ,rabbits he was a killer and foxes I can’t mention here!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lovely dogs. Full of character , just couldn’t trust mine around other animals, he had the killer instinct. Only thing he was scared of was horses as he got accidentally trod on as a pup, cows he was fine but wouldn’t back down, pigs it was war and sheep 🤔 well as a friend of mine said. That dog is only good for shagging and fighting! He would always try to shag the lambs 😂. Squirrels, rats ,rabbits he was a killer and foxes I can’t mention here!
They suggest when they really latch on to something it can take a finger up the date to make them let go….

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They suggest when they really latch on to something it can take a finger up the date to make them let go….
Yes tried that when he was latched onto the boar, along with squeezing his nuts and twisting his collar to strangle him, nothing worked hence shredding the boars ear. Loved him but he was a real liability. If he could catch a cat he would try to hump it 😂😂

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Looks just like my Vader - she always looks like she can't be bothered unless you a) are by water b) have a treat or c) have something to throw.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The day Vader dug her 1st hole.

Their first day together.

Attachments

• 606B3FA2-6736-45F3-90A2-7803AA842F95.jpeg
    606B3FA2-6736-45F3-90A2-7803AA842F95.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 9394C791-C7C3-43EB-8334-18F4ED698929.jpeg
    9394C791-C7C3-43EB-8334-18F4ED698929.jpeg
    982.5 KB · Views: 29

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The day Vader dug her 1st hole.

Their first day together.
What’s the black n tan one. Can’t make out whether it’s a young cattle dog or some sort of terrier maybe Jagdterrier ?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She's an Airdale Terrier - which I believe is the largest breed of terrier. They're really not cute as pups but turn into really cute dogs; she looks like a real-life muppet. As they become adults they lose some of the black and it becomes more like a saddle. Look at the 1st post in this thread to see a more recent photo of her.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
She's an Airdale Terrier - which I believe is the largest breed of terrier. They're really not cute as pups but turn into really cute dogs; she looks like a real-life muppet. As they become adults they lose some of the black and it becomes more like a saddle. Look at the 1st post in this thread to see a more recent photo of her.
Then I hope you got the saddle leather option so your Iggy gains a patina similar to your airdale.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lovely dog. 😍 Hopefully not too much of the terrier temperament, otherwise could be quite a handful being that big !

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She's actually a bit small for her breed at 52ish pounds - my mother-in-laws dog, is on the other end of the spectrum at 92! Dog is gigantic.

Chewie is a pretty typical terrier - a bit psycho and high energy. Luckily she and my lab manage to tire themselves running around like clowns in the backyard. We have a decent size yard for suburban NJ and we're thankful for that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom