The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dobinson 2" Spring lift with Remote Res Shocks and front Winch bar Spotted

Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Interesting update 2" Dobinson's Springs and remote res shocks spotted on the DMW Grenadier
We use Dobinson's heavy duty coils and leaves in fleet vehicles, they make a good product. Their springs generally out last the other brands in the high constant load work vehicles.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
We use Dobinson's heavy duty coils and leaves in fleet vehicles, they make a good product. Their springs generally out last the other brands in the high constant load work vehicles.
Good to know. I've got their springs and shocks on our hybrid caravan.

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
I have many friends among the Landcruiser community who also run Dobbinsons. They seem to hold up well and considering most 80 series Cruisers are in the same weight range as the Gren, they are a good match

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
I've run Dobinsons springs and shocks on a few vehicles and rated them. Last was on my recently sold 200. No remote reservoir though - I don't need the fancy stuff. Pretty teal and purple though - keeps the carpark fans happy. ;)

Much better than ARB gear, but not as good as say Kings, but also nowhere near the price, and I don't do the Finke or Paris Dakar rallies so all good.

Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone going to address the control angle thus the caster? What about sway bar links? Also in looking at the front drive shaft at full drop on a lift, it was close to maxing out the joint. Longer shock might put that angle into the danger zone.

Local time
Reaction score
caster angle is wont be to hard to set. That being said, once taller springs and shocks are installed you’ll need some aftermarket control arms. I’m sure someone will make them before long. Drive shafts and even double CG shafts are pretty easy to have custom made aftermarket. Last I heard Ineos was looking at the possibility of a larger lift with all these options turnkey from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom