The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Do I hold the record for the longest wait?

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Based in New Zealand. Ordered mine June 10th 2022, signed contract in Jan 2023. Build apparently completed in April 23, but is showing as "not yet booked" for transport. So it seems the car hasn't left Europe yet. It's at least 4 weeks on a boat and a further 2 weeks before hitting the dealer typically, so my guess is late October at the very soonest (before I get my car). In view that cars have been arriving in NZ since June, I'm at a loss to understand why a car would be sitting for 4 months waiting for transport! Very frustrating!
I took delivery in July and according to the website my vehicle is still in production. I am not sure that it is being updated correctly.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
I think you have THE most positive customer experience of anyone on this forum DaveB. My experience has been nothing short of disappointing, frustrating and bewildering. I am still no closer to a contract, despite my car having already been built (just how, I don‘t understand) and my local dealer here in Adelaide contacted Ineos Australia for an update and they had no new information. It’s just not the way to run any company, new or old.
I think a lot of people have had a similar experience, however only negative experiences get posted.
I just signed into the website and as you can see below it is still showing as in production.
This could be wrong or it could be because the dealer still has to fit all the accessories so that is fairly accurate.
either way I don't look at the website because I know it is incorrect.
as you can see by the email I got from Ineos, my vehicle went into production in May this year.
i find it strange that people who haven't received their vehicle yet are saying it went into production over a year ago.
You can also see the email I got from my dealer, once again it seems illogical that your dealer wouldn't have access to exactly the same information.
Many other people on here have also been told the name of the vessel their vehicle is on as we are all tracking them.
Unfortunately you only have a choice of one dealer in Adelaide and they seem to be absolute rubbish at helping you.
Maybe try contacting Ric at SLRV and see if he can find out for you. (sorry Ric)
Even though I had changed from SLRV to Ignition Ric still phoned me and told me the vessel mine was on.

1694471515351.png

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get in touch with Justin Hocevar at Ineos Australasia? Be great to chat with him about the experience I have had so far (Ie: order a car in July 2022, hear absolutely nothing from IA for the next 14 months then get told IA have built my car without a signed contract)… That old chestnut.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get in touch with Justin Hocevar at Ineos Australasia? Be great to chat with him about the experience I have had so far (Ie: order a car in July 2022, hear absolutely nothing from IA for the next 14 months then get told IA have built my car without a signed contract)… That old chestnut.
Just ring the Melbourne office
1694557846230.png

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for fun, I rang the (03) Melbourne number again. I‘m currently chatting to a lady in London, getting the same runaround…..🤣🤣 FYI, Ineos Customer service is based in the UK. The (03) Melbourne number simply connects to IA Customer service in the UK. I have asked for someone within Ineos Australasia to contact me. I won’t hold my breath!!

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just for fun, I rang the (03) Melbourne number again. I‘m currently chatting to a lady in London, getting the same runaround…..🤣🤣 FYI, Ineos Customer service is based in the UK. The (03) Melbourne number simply connects to IA Customer service in the UK. I have asked for someone within Ineos Australasia to contact me. I won’t hold my breath!!
I just sent Justin a message asking him if he can help you out.
No idea when he will get back to me or even which country he is in.
For some reason he doesn't keep me updated on his schedule.
He usually responds reasonably quickly.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just sent Justin a message asking him if he can help you out.
No idea when he will get back to me or even which country he is in.
For some reason he doesn't keep me updated on his schedule.
He usually responds reasonably quickly.
Much appreciated DaveB. As they say, It’s not what you know…..

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I reserved earlyand ordered first day, my car was built in January but sat in Batch and hold for months, mine was delivered yesterday Sept 24th. I know of many cars ordered same as mine that were delivered before mine and VIN numbers well after mine that were delivered before mine. Can’t explain exactly why it is so variable, only logical explanation is that some cars that fail the batch and hold have to wait for parts that are delayed.
I reserved in the first few minutes of receiving email, amd received my order confirmation on 18th May 2022. Contract issued and signed 8th November, since then was in batch and hold for ages and finally arrived in Perth 31st August, got notification that i need to pay, invoicing issues ensued and hopefully will collect this week, Black Fieldmaster, my neighbour ordered his a few months after mine and received his 2 months ago.. its been a frustrating few months after initially been told it would be here in Feb. I hope they update the software and that as one of the early production models there arent to many gremlins..

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I win this contest,

Reserved September 2021
Ordered 18 May 2022
Contract signed 22nd Feb 2023

Still waiting..
I think im ahead..
Reservered September 21
Ordered 18th May
Contract Signed 8th November 2022
Still waiting... but i have seen it at the dealer , hopefully pick up soon ( learnt to be patient.. not easy)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think im ahead..
Reservered September 21
Ordered 18th May
Still waiting... but i have seen it at the dealer , hopefully pick up soon ( learnt to be patient.. not easy)
We are all in the same room ;)
But we can't all win at the same time :p
It's a bit like a game of "Snap!"

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
I think im ahead..
Reservered September 21
Ordered 18th May
However, you are presumably also overseas… I orderd on the 19th May 2022, signed first contract early December 2022 after many errors in the contract received on the 9th of Nevember. The contract got lost at Ineos side. Signed a new contract on the 24th of April. My vehicle was produced on the 13th of January 2023 (yes, a Friday). I‘ve seen it at the agent in the beginning of March. Since then it is at the agent - apparently having many faults. A delivery date cannot be given…

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I still think I’m in with a chance to win here… Ordered July 11, 2022. Car then apparently built in July 2023 (BEFORE I saw or signed a contract). Contract then issued September 13, 2023!! Still have no idea where the car is, when it will be shipped or when I will ever see it in person. 🤪

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
- Initial reservation was 30 Sept 2021.
- Order date 7 July 2022.
- Contract signed 2 May 2023.

Still waiting, though recently contacted by my dealer to say it’s coming (hmm). Many here have had a less than ordinary experience.

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
However, you are presumably also overseas… I orderd on the 19th May 2022, signed first contract early December 2022 after many errors in the contract received on the 9th of Nevember. The contract got lost at Ineos side. Signed a new contract on the 24th of April. My vehicle was produced on the 13th of January 2023 (yes, a Friday). I‘ve seen it at the agent in the beginning of March. Since then it is at the agent - apparently having many faults. A delivery date cannot be given…
In Australia , hope you get your car soon, trouble free

Relentless

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up mine today and finally the wait is over. Few warnings on the dash already, however the software update for Australia should be here soon. Apparently, one car in Melbourne was the guinea pig for the software update and did not go great, we are waiting for fix and then hopefully installation to vehicles.
1696085115194.png

1696084965659.png1696084965659.png

Attachments

• IMG_2666.jpeg
    IMG_2666.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 22

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score