The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ditch Mode

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Got passed this video at a shoot today.. The Gren had no damage, not a scratch, from the ditch but apparently the offside front brake pipes got damaged as the strap wrapped during the final part of the extraction…. From what I was told the driver engaged all the diffs but it looks like they didn’t steer out.. Glad it wasn’t me ..!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHGRWR2AOg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Got passed this video at a shoot today.. The Gren had no damage, not a scratch, from the ditch but apparently the offside front brake pipes got damaged as the strap wrapped during the final part of the extraction…. From what I was told the driver engaged all the diffs but it looks like they didn’t steer out.. Glad it wasn’t me ..!

Oops. Illustrates possibly how hard it is to steer with the front diff engaged. Also hard to understand whey they kept going. Probably should have tried to back out with just the rear diff lock engaged instead.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes you can't steer out of a 6" rut with any forward momentum let alone that ditch in the beginning. More gas and straight on you go!! Number plate - he'll be 'grousing' for sure.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Own up! Who was it 🤣🤣🤣

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score

A good example of why not to use diff locks on a side slope. 😬

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oops. Illustrates possibly how hard it is to steer with the front diff engaged. Also hard to understand whey they kept going. Probably should have tried to back out with just the rear diff lock engaged instead.
Perhaps a gentle reverse would have been a better strategy as he had the right tyres on. Took two telehandlers to get it out apparently.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As the man who recovers our tippers when they get in to trouble always says, get it out the way it went in.

That said, the illegally spaced registration implies they’re of the shooting type; so brain cells would not have been in abundance!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As the man who recovers our tippers when they get in to trouble always says, get it out the way it went in.

That said, the illegally spaced registration implies they’re of the shooting type; so brain cells would not have been in abundance!
I'm of the "shooting type" and have managed to avoid any ditches in my Grenadier so far 🙄

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Haha all good mate. Last time a vehicle went in a ditch on our shoot, it was due to a spaniel sitting on the accelerator of a Kawasaki Mule with everyone on board. Nobody was hurt, but the tractor had to come out of the shed to drag it out!

Local time
Reaction score
Oversteering, wheels turned up to the limit, isn't usually good practise, even without diff lock.

And entire operation could have been avoided be steering to left :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom