The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dirk Heilman is out as CEO

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Struggling with Ineos Auto getting a CEO for the first time but Lynn Calder takes over the post from Dirk Heilmann?

Also who is the Ashley Reed, also, according to the article "Chief Executive Officer of Ineos Automotive Limited"?
Isn't it you who will soon present the answers?

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Here are some more information about the leading staff of IA:

Lynn Calder leads British off-road vehicle maker
20.12.2022 By Jan Rosenow

Ineos Automotive is getting its own CEO for the first time. Lynn Calder, a manager from parent company Ineos, takes over the post. The new COO comes from vehicle manufacturer Magna Steyr.
Lynn Calder has been working for the Ineos Group, a chemical company, for six years. Its founder Jim Ratcliffe launched Ineos Automotive.
Lynn Calder has been with Ineos Group, a chemical company, for six years. Its founder Jim Ratcliffe launched Ineos Automotive.
(Image: Ineos)

Car manufacturer Ineos Automotive has appointed Lynn Calder as chief executive officer (CEO). Her appointment completes Ineos Automotive's new, strengthened leadership team, marking the transition from development project to normal business operations, according to a press release.

In other personnel news, Hans-Peter Pessler, a former senior executive at Magna Steyr, which helped develop the Ineos Grenadier off-road vehicle, joins the company as COO. He is responsible for all technical and operational areas. Phillippe Steyer remains president of Ineos Automotive SAS, responsible for manufacturing, safety, health and environmental management, and supply chain.

Ashley Reed, Chief Executive Officer of Ineos Automotive Limited, says: "We are committed to establishing a long-term presence in the automotive sector. In managing the design program and overseeing the production build, the team has done a great job. Now, as the company transitions into full operations, Lynn Calder and Hans-Peter Pessler will lead the next phase in the company's development."

"It's an exciting time to take the reins," adds Lynn Calder. "The team and Grenadier have already come a long way. And yet, we are just at the beginning of building a global automotive company. I enjoy taking on challenges, and given the ambitious plans for the future, I'm looking forward to the adventures ahead."

I don't know if this article is accurate when it lists Lynn Calder as having been with Ineos for six years. I checked out Ms. Calder on LinkedIn, and according to her profile, she has only been with Ineos for two years (working with Ineos Composites). Before that she was at a venture capital firm in Houston, TX. If I had to speculate, I would agree with a post made previously by emax, that she is more of a numbers person, and less of a car person. But maybe she is both...

I don't know anything about Hans-Peter Pessler, but on the surface, it seems like a good thing that the new COO is coming over from Magna to run operations for Ineos Automotive.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
Seems to be a fairly 'standard' approach in establishing an automotive 'corporate' entity with a holding company at the top controlling several entities one of which is the entity actually manufacturing the Grenadier. Calder's role is strategic direction and running the business at a profit while Pessler's headache is worrying about the millions of day to day interactions to keep the lights on and assembly lines moving. I don't envy them. I'll be very happy to take delivery and disappear into the desert chasing my 'bucket list' destinations :giggle:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems to be a fairly 'standard' approach in establishing an automotive 'corporate' entity with a holding company at the top controlling several entities one of which is the entity actually manufacturing the Grenadier. Calder's role is strategic direction and running the business at a profit while Pessler's headache is worrying about the millions of day to day interactions to keep the lights on and assembly lines moving. I don't envy them. I'll be very happy to take delivery and disappear into the desert chasing my 'bucket list' destinations :giggle:
This how most companies are set up.
I have investment properties with a parent company and each property is owned by a separate company below that
Dave & Lisa Property Pty, Boreland Holdings Pty Ltd, Dave & Lisa Super Pty Ltd.
this insulates each separate entity from the others should something go wrong.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Hans-Peter Pessler, but on the surface, it seems like a good thing that the new COO is coming over from Magna to run operations for Ineos Automotive.
Pessler's been in the Projekt for a good while:
Screenshot_20221220_184543.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A little bird whispered to me that George Ratcliffe recently became commercial director at Ineos Automotive.
I think if the family is involved directly the Grenadier will be in Sir Jim‘s focus for sure.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A little bird whispered to me that George Ratcliffe recently became commercial director at Ineos Automotive.
I think if the family is involved directly the Grenadier will be in Sir Jim‘s focus for sure.
George: "But daddy, why is everyone being so beastly to me?"

Reactions: PBD

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, just checked and young George has the Commercial Director IA title on his LinkedIn Profile

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that bird also tweets on this forum... 😉

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Too early. She had no clue about automotive before she became IA CEO and could start to learn. As I wrote, a German automotive business magazine elected her as one of the 50 toughest female automotive persons after she had the job for just a few weeks.

In my opinion she should have been elected in two years, when her work is visible and it justifies the election. I do not understan dthe motivation of this award.

AWo

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion she should have been elected in two years, when her work is visible and it justifies the election. I do not understan dthe motivation of this award.

AWo
She can now be compared to and did beat Barack Obama, he got the Nobel prize of Peace after some 10 months :cool::eek:

Vidar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Too early. She had no clue about automotive before she became IA CEO and could start to learn. As I wrote, a German automotive business magazine elected her as one of the 50 toughest female automotive persons after she had the job for just a few weeks.

AWo
From Ineos's ESG report

"The social performance of IGH, which is partially derived from the INEOS group, is good. The group did not record any fatalities within its workforce between 2017 and 2021, which we view as a significant positive; but it lacks gender diversity, reflecting the overall challenge of the gender diversity in the sector."

They need to promote woman as their environmental score is low.

Back
Top Bottom