The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diff locks or not?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
south park beat a dead horse GIF

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
A. I'm wondering if there may have been some difficulty procurring Dana axles like maybe conflict of interest or manufacturing capacity? Anyway as @DaveB said - they're not ubiquitous. Land Rover didn't use them. Toyota didn't use them. Etc...

B. What other world-wide vehicle in this class is running front and rear lockers? Let's see... Jeep Wrangler? Has them but not sold everywhere. Toyota 70series? Has them but not sold everywhere. Any others?

Plus the Carraros aren't ball joint knuckles/swivels. That's a huge plus for reliability, servicabilty, and durability. Dana44 and 50s don't come in a kingpin version afaik. I'm on board despite the lack of locker and gearing choices. I would have liked to option a limited slip of some kind though.

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
I would have liked to option a limited slip of some kind though.
I'm not for traditional limited-slip differential (wet multi disc system) but Torsen in the front would have been a good option, or even as standard for both front and rear. It works marvelllously with traction control and possibly would have been enough for many. And then we wouldn'n need to discuss engagement or disengagaement ...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm not for traditional limited-slip differential (wet multi disc system) but Torsen in the front would have been a good option, or even as standard for both front and rear. It works marvelllously with traction control and possibly would have been enough for many. And then we wouldn'n need to discuss engagement or disengagaement ...
Agreed, Torsen in the front diff would have sufficed for probably 75-80% of those who wanted F/R lockers

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to. I'd even like to have a lockable torsen in the center diff.

Back
Top Bottom