The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel Diesel Oil Specification Thread (B57 Engines)

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
Have you been able to source Penrite Enviro+12FE 5W-30 for your B57 motor?
Most of the major retail chains that stock Penrite will have it, but not in all sizes. I found that Repco in Bibra lake had it in all sizes from 1 L through to 20 L drums. I bought a 1 L bottle from them for the spares box.

cheers
Steve

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
For Aus. diesel owners (probably relevant to Africa and Europe also):
Received the following advice today from Brisbane dealer for B57 oil top up/ replacement:
  • Fuchs TITAN GT1 LL-12 FE SAE 0W-30 BMW LL-12 FE
  • Valvoline SYNPOWER LL-12 FE 0W-30 FULL SYNTHETIC ACEA C2 BMW LL12FE
  • LIQUI MOLY TOP TEC 6100 0W-30 ACEA C2 API SN BMW LL-12FE
Thanks @DenisM. That’s good to know even if they aren’t commonly available from the retail chains in WA. Will add it to my list.

cheers
Steve

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
EDIT: now moved to its own thread here. With lots more information and a brief oil filter review.

OIL FILTER PART NUMBERS DIESEL MOTOR
I recently come across this Oil Filter Cross Reference list. The INEOS B57 Diesel motor uses a BMW Oil Filter No. 11 42 7 826 799, this list has the parts number for several other brands for the same filter here. I have not been able to verify the lists accuracy but the Mann Filter listed looks the same as the INEOS Oil filter for the B57 Diesel motor. At least I can now start looking for third party oil filter choices in Australia.

Also add the Ryco: R2829P (thanks @DenisM). Ryco filter made in Bulgaria.

BMW Oil Filter No. 11 42 7 826 799 is made in Tunisia. The INEOS supplied filter is this BMW oil filter.

I have also ordered a MANN Oil Filter model HU6022Z, Details to come when it arrives.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 20.27.29.png
Ryco: R2829P. Filter made in Bulgaria.
MANN Filter HU6022Z . Made in XXXX. Sometimes called MANN+HUMMEL.
Sakura EO-30300. Made in XXXX (Indonesia?).
Wesfil WCO226. Also called Wesfil Cooper WCO226.
Screenshot 2024-02-04 20.27.35.png

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OIL FILTER PART NUMBERS DIESEL MOTOR
I recently come across this Oil Filter Cross Reference list. The INEOS B57 Diesel motor uses a BMW Oil Filter No. 11 42 7 826 799, this list has the parts number for several other brands for the same filter here. I have not been able to verify the lists accuracy but the Mann Filter listed looks the same as the INEOS Oil filter for the B57 Diesel motor. At least I can now start looking for third party oil filter choices in Australia.

View attachment 7842468

View attachment 7842469
The Ryco filter R2829P is an exact match for BMW 1142 7 826 799. Confirmed it with Ryco earlier today. They, like all filter sellers source filters from manufacturers around the world... including Bulgaria... ( umbrellas are an optional extra:ninja:)
Local prices seem to vary enormously.... Perhaps because it is BMW -related?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ryco filter R2829P is an exact match for BMW 1142 7 826 799. Confirmed it with Ryco earlier today. They, like all filter sellers source filters from manufacturers around the world... including Bulgaria... ( umbrellas are an optional extra:ninja:)
Local prices seem to vary enormously.... Perhaps because it is BMW -related?
Thanks, added to the list.

A quick search shows the price varies a lot as you said.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Mine has been asking for 500ml more for 'off-road' measurement since I stuck 7.6l of new oil in last November. Finally got around to adding 500ml more oil, run a few days and re-measured and it's still asking for 500ml refill for off-road. What a palava - would love a functioning dipstick - oo-er! Bl00dy computers.

Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Plan on doing a change soon, picked up the exact BMW part number (thanks TheDocAUS for finding out the actual part number above ) at the local BMW dealer close to where I work (AUS$37.70). Filter, O-ring and copper washer in the box.

Guys at the counter had no idea about the car but they googled whilst I was there and were amazed at the back story. They were also impressed that it was the B57 being used, whilst I am sure they have a vested interest and would be positive about all things BMW they thought the use of that particular engine was a very good decision on Ineos' enegineers.

Also for those in Aus, Repco currently have the Penrite as above for $119.25 on special for 10 litres if that helps anyone out.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Plan on doing a change soon, picked up the exact BMW part number (thanks TheDocAUS for finding out the actual part number above ) at the local BMW dealer close to where I work (AUS$37.70). Filter, O-ring and copper washer in the box.
The credit is due to @Tinki for that.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found some more brands of filter:
  1. MANN Filter HU6022Z.
  2. Sakura EO-30300.
  3. Wesfil WCO226. Also called Wesfil Cooper WCO226.
The cheapest I have seen, in Australia, is the Sakura EO-30300 at $10.41 plus postage.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The MANN Filter and the Sakura have arrived.

Finding detailed specifications on the filters like micron size and efficiency has been difficult. So far, I can only find that data for the RYCO filter (30 microns at @ 98.7% efficiency). I have drawn a blank for the Mann Filter, Sakura and INEOS/BMW Oil filters. The MMR Performance states 20 microns but gives no efficiency figure at 20 microns.

If anyone finds that information let me know.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I separated out the oil filter discussion to this post, with a visual review of some third party oil filters available in Australia.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Third oil change is in the books , odo reads 8760 . from decision time to packing the tools away took approximately 45 minutes . (took longer to clean up than to do the oil change)

Once done and after adding my usual 7.1l of oil in the engine when checking the oil level electronically it came up with refill 1l for both on road and off road ( oil at temp ) . low oil light came on only after the measurement and not while the car was warming up .

I thought it was weird for me to make a mistake of that magnitude, 1 L seemed excessive . So i added an extra 500ml of oil just as a test . Re measured and came to ok for on road and refill 500ml for off road .
It seems the resolution of measurement is not the best . But anyway warning light goes off as soon as you start the measurement and never came back .

Anyway not sure what happened there , so will wait for next time to investigate further .

Next service will be the major at the dealer at 12000k .

Thank you guys

Back
Top Bottom