The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

December Builds

SIMPS602

Contract Signed
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I had originally had a delivery date of 1 February but my dealer has checked and I now have a build date of January, so delivery may be March. Contract signed early November.
Exactly the same here. Also all date information has disappeared from my account and when you click the link to view your contract you get an "OOPS something went wrong" message. They're right in that !!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Mine doesn't have a build month even listed anymore.
I wonder why that could be?
When I finalised my configuration with Ineos I asked back in nov of the scheduled build slot and it was 24jan

I had a late change of accessories and spoke to them a week ago snd was informed Feb is now my turn.

As for the config on my account it is the original config and colour that I ordered last may.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
When I finalised my configuration with Ineos I asked back in nov of the scheduled build slot and it was 24jan

I had a late change of accessories and spoke to them a week ago snd was informed Feb is now my turn.

As for the config on my account it is the original config and colour that I ordered last may.
I placed my order and only on 16th December I finalised the config and said no more changes.
I did it at the dealers and the EDIT button in the top right of the screen disappeared.
No more changes after that.
Clearly you didn't finalise your config back in Nov
Finalise is finalise not "but wait"

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
Component supplies and raw materials are getting better but now there are huge backlogs of orders to fill.
We have delayed the launch of several new products from 2022 to 2024/25 so we can build up enough components to properly support our customers with not only the products but also spares.
One product which is 20 years old but used in many major mines and heavy industry around the world was in critical supply but the factory told me3 weeks ago that they now have enough components to support the product, maintain production and support customer spares for the next 7 years to the end of life of the product.
These are the sorts of things good manufacturers have to take into account

Ineos not only has to get enough components to build the vehicles, they also have to fill their spare parts centres in Belgium and Australia, before a single vehicle hits the customers hands.
It would be catastrophic if a customer had a breakdown or accident a week after taking delivery to be told no spares available for 12 months

View attachment 7799422
Hopefully that’s the case, as plenty of new Land Rover Defender owners have had exactly that experience l.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I placed my order and only on 16th December I finalised the config and said no more changes.
I did it at the dealers and the EDIT button in the top right of the screen disappeared.
No more changes after that.
Clearly you didn't finalise your config back in Nov
Finalise is finalise not "but wait"
Yep the config was finalised and the dealers ability to edit disappeared in Nov.

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First batch were due to be shipped into the UK on the 20th Jan. Was told this morning that this has now been pushed back to the 28th Jan. Dealers will need 8 days with the vehicle before it can be "delivered" to customers, so we wont be seeing the first ones on UK roads until end of the first week in Feb.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was this was you phoning/emailing your agent?

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
First batch were due to be shipped into the UK on the 20th Jan. Was told this morning that this has now been pushed back to the 28th Jan. Dealers will need 8 days with the vehicle before it can be "delivered" to customers, so we wont be seeing the first ones on UK roads until end of the first week in Feb.
Are they coordinating customer deliveries with the media/review launch on 2/8?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great info, thanks. I hadn’t heard this. Guess this will push back dealer demonstrators a week as well.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Even more interesting is the 4 who were chosen to drive their vehicles back home in extreme conditions. Not heard a bean out of that project since they announced the victims.

I initially thought it would be extreme driving but now wonder if the extreme conditions were trying to make some changes to their vehicle, trying to get a contract, getting any sense out of customer services and then getting a build and delivery date out of IA.

If they complete all that. They then have to nail jelly to the wall as a final challenge.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Even more interesting is the 4 who were chosen to drive their vehicles back home in extreme conditions. Not heard a bean out of that project since they announced the victims.

I initially thought it would be extreme driving but now wonder if the extreme conditions were trying to make some changes to their vehicle, trying to get a contract, getting any sense out of customer services and then getting a build and delivery date out of IA.

If they complete all that. They then have to nail jelly to the wall as a final challenge.
So some us seemed to be chosen for this competition without beeing informed or asked😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the OP's included a seat for himself.

In the original competition T&Cs, didn't you have to commit to being available for a certain set of dates in November?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the OP's included a seat for himself.

In the original competition T&Cs, didn't you have to commit to being available for a certain set of dates in November?
Yes, that's my recollection too.

Back
Top Bottom