The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dealership Markups (North America)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully IG will grant out orders and have stock cars for the dealers to play their games with.

The reality is that dealers don’t make money on the cars ‘as-is’, it’s the warranty and all the other stuff. If the dealers are smart, they’ll be offering all kinds of goodies and add ons, and that will get them the cash bump.

A dealer try to put a $5-10k ‘adjustment’ on a ‘done deal’? In todays social climate? You’re a daisy if you do….

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
I was at one of the local Ford dealerships a couple weeks ago and they had just gotten an F150 Raptor R on the lot. I asked what the price was and the reply was MSRP plus $90k dealer markup.

It sold the same day.
F-150s also have one of the highest repo rates. Would love to track the life of that Raptor.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
F-150s also have one of the highest repo rates. Would love to track the life of that Raptor.
If it gets stolen, what do you get for it from insurance? Something under MSRP or a portion of this crazy amount?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You spend $10k over and the truck gets totaled as you’re pulling out of the dealer lot, you just pissed away $10k.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To say the last 2+ years of the car buying experience in NA has been a gross injustice to the consumer is the understatement of the century. One of the things we all love about the Grenadier is its unique and low volume existence, but with much sought after/niche vehicles raking in absurd ADMs, its sad to know the Grenadier could fit into this category. But I feel confident (perhaps hopeful) that many of the dealers seeking to work with Ineos on this venture share our enthusiasm for the Grenadier, and even though I'm sure they love money, perhaps their loyalty to this endeavor may surprise us jaded NA car consumers. (Naive I know, but trying to be positive)

In the same vein I saw a Dodge Ram advertisement stating 10% off MSRP for all models. Its a dime a dozen compared to the Grenadier, but perhaps a sign of the times.

Local time
Reaction score
According to Wes, the IG rep that is doing the tour, if a dealer tries to gouge you, just call another one in another city and take delivery there. I'm hoping they'll do some type of "factory delivery" in Raleigh. I'd drive up and get my IG from there instead of some schmucky dealer.

The dealers still eff around with the processing dock fee that is a b.s. fee to generate profits. Hence that's why it almost always says that it is an optional fee but it isn't really optional. Hence I've bought my last 3 cars (EV) factory direct with a dealer's involvement.

Local time
Reaction score
According to Wes, the IG rep that is doing the tour, if a dealer tries to gouge you, just call another one in another city and take delivery there. I'm hoping they'll do some type of "factory delivery" in Raleigh. I'd drive up and get my IG from there instead of some schmucky dealer.

The dealers still eff around with the processing dock fee that is a b.s. fee to generate profits. Hence that's why it almost always says that it is an optional fee but it isn't really optional. Hence I've bought my last 3 cars (EV) factory direct with a dealer's involvement.
That can be hard for those of us in California. Big gouges and cars have to be CA certified. Not sure if out of state Grenadiers are the same as CA builds.

Of course, given how large the car market is in CA, dealers will sell all Grenadiers, even with stupid mark-ups.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
That can be hard for those of us in California. Big gouges and cars have to be CA certified. Not sure if out of state Grenadiers are the same as CA builds.

Of course, given how large the car market is in CA, dealers will sell all Grenadiers, even with stupid mark-ups.

None of that is additional cost the impacts the dealer. The manufacturer is responsible for CARB certification. So, it is baked into the price.

But yeah, I get it, driving to another state to get a car would still be a PITA.

California dealers are a certain kind of stupid - lived in the Bay Area for 5 years until a couple of years ago.

Local time
Reaction score
None of that is additional cost the impacts the dealer. The manufacturer is responsible for CARB certification. So, it is baked into the price.

But yeah, I get it, driving to another state to get a car would still be a PITA.

California dealers are a certain kind of stupid - lived in the Bay Area for 5 years until a couple of years ago.
Understood that it’s on the manufacturer, but I’ve imported non-CARB vehicles to CA (same vehicle as sold in CA, got a better deal in AZ) and it’s not cut and dry to get them approved for registration. I would hope that all NA grenadiers are CA compliant, but given the new and unique nature of the Grenadier, I’m not 100% optimistic that it would go smoothly.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm confident that they initially, the new hand picked dealers, won't be marking them up. In fact, after the initial roll out, IA might have a problem selling more cars. IA said they have 4-5K reservations so far. So the marketing will ramp up as well. Just as well, I like that it's a niche vehicle that no one's heard about. For now.

STACHES

Reservation Holder
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
You spend $10k over and the truck gets totaled as you’re pulling out of the dealer lot, you just pissed away $10k.
Most insurance lets you insure the purchase price, mine calls it "gap insurance".

They will also pay out to local replacement price. Last car that got totaled, they wanted to give me a low amount based on used ones for sale in other states, when I said "find me one in my city for that price", they adjusted the payout to reflect my market.

Back
Top Bottom