The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Daytime Running Lamps Switch off.

Ice2k23_UW

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi.
Can anyone shead any light on being able to switch off the DRL for every day use should we wish ?
Id like to be able to switch off all external lights sometimes.

Regards Pete
Hi - same issue here. When out hunting I'd like to have a "dark mode" on the car. All lights off, best thing would be the possibility to turn off the Infotainment-Display. Can you turn the screen off? Any ideas how to kill DRL? Create a switch? But killing the power would startup tons of another annoying error sounds and lamps....

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if DRL on/off menu item is available for us in Australia. I will then use a red light bar and thermal monocular.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is what Nathan uses, he posts under the title of Edge of the Outback on YouTube

Attachments

• Red light bar.png
    Red light bar.png
    992.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: PBD

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I recall one of the early “making of” videos during which the question of a dark mode is brought up. The Grenadier designer, Toby Ecuyer, mentions some military types requesting infrared illumination! That would be an amazing feature: an infrared light bar and a set of night vision goggles. Not sure how I would use it, but that would be hard to pass up.

Local time
Reaction score
I'd be happy if you could turn the internal lights off

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be happy if you could turn the internal lights off
These are the simple things that I look forward to. With so many people interested in this platform, and mostly from a similar perspective of maximizing utility and simplifying complexity. I can picture that overhead master switch “ALL OFF”. Count me in

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
These are the simple things that I look forward to. With so many people interested in this platform, and mostly from a similar perspective of maximizing utility and simplifying complexity. I can picture that overhead master switch “ALL OFF”. Count me in
I would so love that feature. Including brake lights. Will definitely let my IT guy have a look at that. He can cure diesels from their addiction to adblue. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also find a way to go to stealth mode without bings and bongs.

Ice2k23_UW

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would so love that feature. Including brake lights. Will definitely let my IT guy have a look at that. He can cure diesels from their addiction to adblue. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also find a way to go to stealth mode without bings and bongs.
Please let me know if you IT guy finds a solution! Would be very much appreciated! Regards, Rainer

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
:oops:... no solution around?
Not to derail the thread, but @csjeeper tell us about the vehicle in your avatar! Based on your UN I'm guess there's a CJ under there - and the flat fenders scream CJ-3, but the hardtop almost looks like a Tickford body from a Series I Land Rover. Do tell.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but @csjeeper tell us about the vehicle in your avatar! Based on your UN I'm guess there's a CJ under there - and the flat fenders scream CJ-3, but the hardtop almost looks like a Tickford body from a Series I Land Rover. Do tell.
Interested also. Those tickford bodies are cool.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I recall one of the early “making of” videos during which the question of a dark mode is brought up. The Grenadier designer, Toby Ecuyer, mentions some military types requesting infrared illumination! That would be an amazing feature: an infrared light bar and a set of night vision goggles. Not sure how I would use it, but that would be hard to pass up.
That can become a complicated thing to do. Not the IR, that exists and already integrated into headlights. Not the night vision goggles, they exist also (However, you need a helmet, about 90 Euros, a bridge 120 Euros and a bi-ocular which fits to the IR and which has a very high display frame rate if you want to drive with it, strating at 3.500 Euros).

But you need to kill all interior lights you may look at. That is normaly realized with a kill switch. Easy for an old car where you just cut of the power for the bulbs. However I would leave a few important warning lights operational, just in case. But that becomes a challenge in modern cars with CAN-Bus, monitored daytime running lights etc.

AWo

csjeeper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ok, even if this is not the thread where this belongs: it's a CJ2A built in 1947, when almost 400 of them were rebuilt by Fratelli Ambrosoli for the Swiss postal service. They were mainly used in the Alps to supply people with mail and as a public transport system for the mountain population. At the moment, I only know of 2 other vehicles of this type still in operation in Switzerland. (One at the national Postal Museum and one at another oldies fan ;)) I restored it in 2000 and I drive it occasionally - and I have no problems with the electronics; a hammer and a screwdriver are all I need!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom