The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Customer Service

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Clearly Grenadier have a great vehicle shame the customer service and communication is so poor this will cost sales.
I have paid the two initial order deposits and specified my vehicle. I wanted to discuss the order and telephoned the help line as I was considering making a slight change. I was connected to an offshore call centre who had no real understanding of the product. I pursued this further to be told if I wanted to make any changes I could cancel the order and reorder and likely loose my place in the queue. I have therefore left the order as originally specified.
I also decicided to ring my preferred local dealer who have been as helpful as they can. They are in the dark they stated they had little knowledge but were expecting to have more details the following week - now nearly 4 weeks have passed.
I was disappointed to have been quoted a making slot of March 2023 by IG particularly having committed so far ahead. I then received an email from IG saying they were hoping to bring deliveries forward and would make contact - no response to date.
Whoever is responsible for customer relations at
IG has grossly failed to ensure the service and communication matches the quality of the vehicle there needs to be a shake up to resolve same.
I will keep my vehicle on order but I am sure many will cancel. IG you need to listen and talk to your customers either by direct contact or through your dealer network.
David GG Norfolk England

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello David.
I absolutely agree with you. After sending several written requests to the customer service and not receiving any answers, I asked again emphatically yesterday, quoting the reference numbers. In fact, I received an answer.
They apologised for not being able to answer my questions and wrote that they would forward my questions to INEOS. This confirms that it is a call centre that can only answer questions to a limited extent.
I have also pressed the change button. Despite the announcement, no one has got in touch about this to date.
I'm sure the Grenadier is very good and the dealers will do their best. I am only worried if the service after delivery is still not what we customers expect.

I still believe that everything will be fine and hope that they will get things under control.

Local time
Reaction score
I hope Someone at IG will read and act on the blogs.

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with both points. Firstly the customer service is almost not fit for purpose. I have an understanding that it’s a new product build but it’s neither a new company or idea. They have cut corners on support to customers.

Secondly, I jumped at the initial deposit and follow-up with minutes. I was shocked to be given a Feb 23 build slot. If this is allocated in order then I can only assume customers worked out the website only works on mobile devices minutes before I did. 

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Marcus
I just hope Ineos/Grenadier read the blogs I am involved in an industry where high levels of customer service are essential. Unless IG get their act together many sales will be lost and business will suffer. I am amazed having spent so much time an energy  on R & D they then fail to ignore their most important asset THE CUSTOMER

David GG

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Marcusjames userid=9026562 postid=1333024893]Secondly, I jumped at the initial deposit and follow-up with minutes. I was shocked to be given a Feb 23 build slot. If this is allocated in order then I can only assume customers worked out the website only works on mobile devices minutes before I did. [/QUOTE]

Were you an “early hand raiser”? 

Local time
Reaction score
After reading the other post about reservation dates, I suspect I was not as early as I initially thought. I think I was January 22 but noticed some are September 21. Perhaps my 23 build date is actually very justified.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you have done VERY well marcus - I was a December 21 initial deposit - only to be given a March 23 build slot. I am not in Europe though which seems to make all the difference.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You would be hard pressed to find someone more enthusiastic about the G than me. What a tremendous product. After my ride in one last year, I had my cheque book out!

I have spent my entire working life serving & delivering to customers - standing in their "shoes"; understanding their needs and delivering product.

It looks and feels and smells like IG are missing some key customer/communication metrics at the moment. I know it's crunch time in their business at the moment - but they don't seem to be staying as "close" to customers as I would be doing. 

CM

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for all these interesting comments. I share your impression and experiences.

I am quite sure that I was one of the first on the list - loving the idea and concept of the Grenadier. Very early reservation, configuration and order. However I changed the place of delivery from Germany to South Africa. This made me lose my early slot. Furthermore and more important I have/had some very important, actually crucial, technical questions about ground clearance, pay load, fuel capacity and driver’s position (right hand position). No answer. I tried to speak to someone - the call center has no answer and no knowledge. Neither had the guys I spoke to at the factory in France. I sent many mails. Every week I receive an update (automized mail reply) that says that my requests have arrived….
This is seriously disappointing. If the spare supply and technical service in the next future and remote areas will only be half as bad as the customer service at this stage, we will end up with major problems.

Somehow it breaks my heart but I have decided to cancel my order, go on with my Defender and Cruiser and wait a good time until Ineos will have ironed out their problems. I wonder how long it will take until I will be refunded.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
I must admit, the ordering procedure etc was wrought with bugs, and the customer service has been far from good.

However all that being said, can you imagine how many people have asked questions that have been answered over and over and over again. 

I feel like a lot of people haven't done their research before pinging off emails to INEOS, and have probably contributed to the backlog of messages that need replying to. On all forms of media, theres been countless questions about technical details that could be answered by simply looking one or 2 threads above. 

Not defending INEOS's lack of communication, but they have answered a lot of technical questions, and probably aren't going to prioritise answering things that are in the brochure.

This wasn't aimed at anyone in particular btw, just an observation of a trend   

Local time
Reaction score
I ordered a trial master with quite a few extras and have an October build date. I experienced similar difficulty with their call centre, trying to make a minor change. I did tell them they needed to get their act together. A few days ago I got a call from Gary at Sandicliffe motors in Nottingham . He was knowledgable, and extremely helpful and sorted everything out for me.
I think the Grenadier will be a superb car and I really hope they succeed in this project, despite this marketing "teething problem"

Local time
Reaction score
I too was a very early immediate responder & paid assp so have been disappointed to see a build slot pushed back to Mar 23. I also rec’d assurances a while back that a config change would be acted upon yet so far it hasn’t. I  also have Nottm as my local dealer so will see if things improve as they get up to speed. Right now I’m moving toward a borderline commitment.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I must admit, the ordering procedure etc was wrought with bugs, and the customer service has been far from good.

However all that being said, can you imagine how many people have asked questions that have been answered over and over and over again.

I feel like a lot of people haven't done their research before pinging off emails to INEOS, and have probably contributed to the backlog of messages that need replying to. On all forms of media, theres been countless questions about technical details that could be answered by simply looking one or 2 threads above.

Not defending INEOS's lack of communication, but they have answered a lot of technical questions, and probably aren't going to prioritise answering things that are in the brochure.

This wasn't aimed at anyone in particular btw, just an observation of a trend
Got to say having just read this, it's way off the mark from both my personal experience and extensive online research.

The configurator and various brochures lack the sort of technical detail you expect an informed purchaser to want before making a decision.

As an example where is the information on what's included in the auxiliary battery option...

A

Andy

I would agree that they have a great vehicle to offer, but Customer service would rank amongst the worse I have ever dealt with
My two main issues were communications on simple questions about extras when ordering and refunding.
I ordered a vehicle some tome ago but wanted to make some changes, I spent two weeks trying to contact them to make the changes but had zero response to any of my questions, after reading the forum and seeing only minimum changes were allowed if you did not want to lose your manufacture date, I did not want to get to contract sign stage and found I could not make the changes required.
So I did another order with all the changes I required and paid another deposit. I then proceeded to cancel my first order as there was only a couple of weeks between the 2 orders. Luckily I was given the same manufacture date so I thought great. However, I am still waiting to receive refund on my first order despite several emails to INEOS to refund. Today I still don't have my first order refund or a single response to any of the questions I asked about accessories.
I really do think that INEOS need to take customer service inside, as the consultants they are using have no real sign on to the project, and really do not return answers to any questions. The idea of ordering a car electronically is fundamentally flawed, unless you require zero input from customer service.
My main concern, Is that if they cant get the basics right with Customer service when ordering when is when you would expect that to be right, what happens to after sales help. when you own the vehicle and you want information on parts numbers/ servicing etc.

Great Vehicle and I will stick with my order, but serious concerns on after sales service.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would agree that they have a great vehicle to offer, but Customer service would rank amongst the worse I have ever dealt with
My two main issues were communications on simple questions about extras when ordering and refunding.
I ordered a vehicle some tome ago but wanted to make some changes, I spent two weeks trying to contact them to make the changes but had zero response to any of my questions, after reading the forum and seeing only minimum changes were allowed if you did not want to lose your manufacture date, I did not want to get to contract sign stage and found I could not make the changes required.
So I did another order with all the changes I required and paid another deposit. I then proceeded to cancel my first order as there was only a couple of weeks between the 2 orders. Luckily I was given the same manufacture date so I thought great. However, I am still waiting to receive refund on my first order despite several emails to INEOS to refund. Today I still don't have my first order refund or a single response to any of the questions I asked about accessories.
I really do think that INEOS need to take customer service inside, as the consultants they are using have no real sign on to the project, and really do not return answers to any questions. The idea of ordering a car electronically is fundamentally flawed, unless you require zero input from customer service.
My main concern, Is that if they cant get the basics right with Customer service when ordering when is when you would expect that to be right, what happens to after sales help. when you own the vehicle and you want information on parts numbers/ servicing etc.

Great Vehicle and I will stick with my order, but serious concerns on after sales service.
The thing is that dealing directly with the manufacturer is not something you have likely ever done unless you were buying a Tesla who have never followed the dealership model and probably never will. The INEOS customer service team is probably temporary until such time as the agent/dealer network is established. Once the network is set up you will be able to pick and choose between your local agents and choose the one that most meets your service expectations.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS customer service team is probably temporary until such time as the agent/dealer network is established.
That might come as a shock to this bloke and the rest of his team that are all relatively new in post. 😬

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657112192457.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657112192457.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep and Volkswagen, GM, Toyota et al have customer service departments but they are there for the real shits hit the fan scenario’s - mostly for warranty disputes, not answering basic questions and selling you the car. If you don’t believe me find the phone number for VW head office in your country, call them and ask them what the GCM of an Amarok is, then ask to buy one. I’d be highly surprised if they could answer the first and they’d refer you to a dealer for the second.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The difference is a dealer actually sells you a vehicle they own.

Are you asking an agent, who's not being paid to sell you a car, to do all the legwork for free?

That's not the model Ineos have laid out.

Back
Top Bottom