The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Customer Service

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
I assume that the agents will receive a commission from Ineos for delivering the car to the customer? And I mean an extra commission not only the few hundred bucks that is charged extra to the customer.
From my perspective at least some agents have the motivation to take care of the customers' concerns, see Halliwell Jones here. My agent is helpful too, have exchanged several emails (last one was today although he is on vacation) and phone calls.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Agents need to invest in the supply chain as do dealers/distributors, no matter what is being sold ... there's a shared benefit with both parties supporting marketing and customer relations.. i.e "success has many fathers"!

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The difference is a dealer actually sells you a vehicle they own.

Are you asking an agent, who's not being paid to sell you a car, to do all the legwork for free?

That's not the model Ineos have laid out.
Neither you or I have seen the agency agreement but I think it’s a fairly sensible assumption that the agents are not doing the legwork for free. What is publicly known about the Honda and Mercedes agency agreements is that the dealer receives a payment for every car sold.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I assume that the agents will receive a commission from Ineos for delivering the car to the customer? And I mean an extra commission not only the few hundred bucks that is charged extra to the customer.
From my perspective at least some agents have the motivation to take care of the customers' concerns, see Halliwell Jones here. My agent is helpful too, have exchanged several emails (last one was today although he is on vacation) and phone calls.
From what I have seen and heard the agents get the fee for delivering the vehicle plus make money on all the options that have an * next to them and state dealer fitted option. They don't have to worry about buying and then selling demo vehicles, having vehicles sitting on their lot and having to do deals because the end of month or end of year is coming. Paying interest on their finance for the stock vehicles. Ordering configurations/colours that seemed like a good idea at the time but nobody wants. I bet dealers that get selected for delivery preference also earn more incentives than other dealers. Remember also that these are all just an addon to other products/brands they are already selling. They hopefully read the dealer contracts, decide it is a good return on investment and sign on the line. they would not be doing it if it wasn't unless they are stupid.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's an interesting change, especially if the cost that is stripped out of the traditional franchise model is shared between manufacturer, agent and buyer (not a given).

This article has a few interesting points:

"The pandemic has not created a new digital revolution, but has tremendously accelerated changes that have been building in the car-buying journey for years.

Whereas ten years ago, customers visited dealerships an average of seven times per purchase, today, it is barely 1.5."

" Franchised dealers have been undercutting OEM-set prices by an average of 12% to avoid losing sales to competitors."

Although I'm a bit sceptical of "they will be product experts rather than sales experts."

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos UK have contacted me and scheduled a 1 hour Zoom meeting with me on 6th December at 0900 GMT (7PM local time)
They know I am in Australia.
Has anyone else been contacted?

I am writing to ask you whether you would be open and available to speak to us about your experience with Grenadier so far.
We are looking to build and improve a community for our most valued and loyal customers. And we are interested to understand from you what drew you to Grenadier, what you have enjoyed about your experience so far, and what you’d suggest we think about in future regarding rewards, events and experiences for loyal customers.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos UK have contacted me and scheduled a 1 hour Zoom meeting with me on 6th December at 0900 GMT (7PM local time)

I am writing to ask you whether you would be open and available to speak to us about your experience with Grenadier so far.
We are looking to build and improve a community for our most valued and loyal customers. And we are interested to understand from you what drew you to Grenadier, what you have enjoyed about your experience so far, and what you’d suggest we think about in future regarding rewards, events and experiences for loyal customers.
Get all of us on a separate zoom call in the background Dave! 😂

Imagine a laptop sitting on your bookshelf with 50+ of us staring back at the camera!!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Get all of us on a separate zoom call in the background Dave! 😂

Imagine a laptop sitting on your bookshelf with 50+ of us staring back at the camera!!

Don’t hesitate to share the link with us. We will be quiet ant polite!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a email from customer service this evening. They wanted to tell me that the changes I made prior to signing the contract had not gone ahead as my vehicle was “further in to production than originally thought“ but the good news is that I’ll get an earlier handover. The original delivery date was late Jan.. The late changes I made were to change the colour and to add leather seats.. So, what to do..?

Option A, suck it up and take earlier delivery, save a few grand on leather and metallic and have early delivery bragging rights.
Option B, stick to my guns and hold them to contract, get 100% what I want but wait till spring.

TBF, the original colour was eldoret and I’d swapped it to donny. Cloth seats were great when I drove one.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
I had a email from customer service this evening. They wanted to tell me that the changes I made prior to signing the contract had not gone ahead as my vehicle was “further in to production than originally thought“ but the good news is that I’ll get an earlier handover. The original delivery date was late Jan.. The late changes I made were to change the colour and to add leather seats.. So, what to do..?

Option A, suck it up and take earlier delivery, save a few grand on leather and metallic and have early delivery bragging rights.
Option B, stick to my guns and hold them to contract, get 100% what I want but wait till spring.

TBF, the original colour was eldoret and I’d swapped it to donny. Cloth seats were great when I drove one.
You have to decide that for yourself. If it were my vehicle, I would choose the equipment I like. I wouldn't mind being one of the first to get a Grenadier. I would put up with the few months. The subject of bragging doesn't even cross my mind. I want to enjoy the vehicle. If it were a vehicle in the top 10, then ok, I would take it as it is.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have to decide that for yourself. If it were my vehicle, I would choose the equipment I like. I wouldn't mind being one of the first to get a Grenadier. I would put up with the few months. The subject of bragging doesn't even cross my mind. I want to enjoy the vehicle. If it were a vehicle in the top 10, then ok, I would take it as it is.
100% agree
If it is more than just another mode of transport then you will have to live with it for a fair while.
If you are only planning on keeping it for 2-5 years then a lot less important

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% agree
If it is more than just another mode of transport then you will have to live with it for a fair while.
If you are only planning on keeping it for 2-5 years then a lot less important
Fair points both. I’m relaxed with colour or leather if I’m honest but getting one early is an attraction. I made the last minute changes because I could and should not have faffed. The point I did miss was that the ordering system does seem to be in flux, or my issue is just a one off….

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fair points both. I’m relaxed with colour or leather if I’m honest but getting one early is an attraction. I made the last minute changes because I could and should not have faffed. The point I did miss was that the ordering system does seem to be in flux, or my issue is just a one off….
In that case, get it early take lots of pictures and video's to show us.
Drive it often, hard and far so you can find any flaws and issues.
That way they can fix them before they make mine.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The point I did miss was that the ordering system does seem to be in flux, or my issue is just a one off….

I think the former point is correct; but they are slowly unravelling and smoothing out the process.

What does surprise me is that they seem to be doing monthly blocs of allocation rather than say weekly. So whilst those at the front end are hitting the 60 day specification freeze, those at the back end are closer to 90 days.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
Hi. A few months ago I was called by Ineos Customer Service on a Mobile Number about my contract. I regularly try to call the same number, it rings and I get no reply. Does anyone have a UK number for Ineos Customer Service or indeed an email address that gets a reply other than the automated BS.

Never known of worse customer service in any industry.

Thanks

Reactions: PBD

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Neither you or I have seen the agency agreement but I think it’s a fairly sensible assumption that the agents are not doing the legwork for free. What is publicly known about the Honda and Mercedes agency agreements is that the dealer receives a payment for every car sold.
When I received my final invoice it included the agents commission and PDI cost.

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom