The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coil Springs (specs v build)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Parallel to that thought, I wonder if I can call CS and request certain springs :unsure:
That could/would open a can of worms if that was open to anyone and I wouldn't put my full faith in that being achieved correctly even if allowed. That said, if rock rails/steps "require" different springs, I'd prefer to get those even though I am not using IA sliders. The aftermarket solutions are far better and I plan to go that route.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Parallel to that thought, I wonder if I can call CS and request certain springs :unsure:
It would be worth a try. But I can imagine that they do not have any in stock, but their stocks are intended for production.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be worth a try. But I can imagine that they do not have any in stock, but their stocks are intended for production.
What I actually meant was to ask IA to put specific springs on my Q4 2023 build. Springs are easy to change, and you can fine tune suspension like we all did with coil-sprung LR's. I'll have to dig into the Eibach spring rates and select my springs...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I actually meant was to ask IA to put specific springs on my Q4 2023 build. Springs are easy to change, and you can fine tune suspension like we all did with coil-sprung LR's. I'll have to dig into the Eibach spring rates and select my springs...
Sorry, I got that wrong, I’m pretty sure IA won’t do that.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure how feasible, but I wonder if build order factors in here. Was @Logsplitter an early build and that's why his truck is the outlier?
VIN 1163. I seem to be the only two seat petrol engine on the list so maybe that’s the reason. Give me a few days and it will be fully loaded inc 100l extra fuel plus 100l water. I’ll see how Liberty the Grenadier sits and how it handles off road terrain.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So a potential development on the coil springs.

Scott Brady has posted on Expedition Portal:
"I just got access to a production NAS Grenadier and can confirm... It also looks like the NAS models have taller springs like the Africa variants, so it looks to be about an inch taller than the UK unit I am driving."

And when questioned on the tables posted earlier in this thread and there not being market specific springs:

"That appears to have changed. It looks like all of the variants are higher now and fewer part numbers. I am working on getting the taller units installed on my Grenadier (which was one of the earliest production builds)."

[originally picked up here: Post in thread 'Overland Journal and the Grenadier' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/overland-journal-and-the-grenadier.12412657/post-1333214371]

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I've been following this thread because of planned mods. Despite the talk of NAS models having different springs I have the double green circle 19546's up front on my 8/23 build. I figure if these can handle what @Logsplitter is doing I'll be fine. Do any NAS owners have the reds? Build specs are in my signature.
IMG_9065.JPG

I do have the red 21751 in the back.
IMG_9079.jpeg

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
That could/would open a can of worms if that was open to anyone and I wouldn't put my full faith in that being achieved correctly even if allowed. That said, if rock rails/steps "require" different springs, I'd prefer to get those even though I am not using IA sliders. The aftermarket solutions are far better and I plan to go that route.
What do you like about the aftermarket sliders compared to the ones Ineos are offering?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have decided to go with the slider-step from BUZZ because I hope it serves both purposes well. I want/need a step (neither my nor I are tall) buy want/need the protection a traditional slider offers.

Moreover, I’m not a “tube” guy so I wasn’t too into the IA offerings. The BUZZ sliders are stainless as well and that’s a massive positive in my book.

Local time
Reaction score
I have decided to go with the slider-step from BUZZ because I hope it serves both purposes well. I want/need a step (neither my nor I are tall) buy want/need the protection a traditional slider offers.

Moreover, I’m not a “tube” guy so I wasn’t too into the IA offerings. The BUZZ sliders are stainless as well and that’s a massive positive in my book.
Nice. Sounds like you found the right solution for your needs.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks that does help. The front part numbers threw me off but people with red fronts noted 19547 and my part number is one below them so I'll still assume it's the greens for me. I will be adding some weight to the front so I'll need to watch for sag. Worst case scenario I have to find a set of the higher rated springs. Unfortunately can't do a lift with the height restrictions of my home and work garages.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks that does help. The front part numbers threw me off but people with red fronts noted 19547 and my part number is one below them so I'll still assume it's the greens for me. I will be adding some weight to the front so I'll need to watch for sag. Worst case scenario I have to find a set of the higher rated springs. Unfortunately can't do a lift with the height restrictions of my home and work garages.
Maybe air bags will help

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe air bags will help
My Toyota is showing. Hadn't even considered that for the fronts in the Grenadier. If there's significant sag airbags would work, at least until I source new springs.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Toyota is showing. Hadn't even considered that for the fronts in the Grenadier. If there's significant sag airbags would work, at least until I source new springs.
By air bags, I mean rear bags that sit inside the springs, these are used a fair bit in Australia for vehicles that carry loads but don't want up rated springs.

View: https://youtu.be/SjoczEkFwS0?si=VDFwbaSzBd3UsGUQ

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By air bags, I mean rear bags that sit inside the springs, these are used a fair bit in Australia for vehicles that carry loads but don't want up rated springs.

View: https://youtu.be/SjoczEkFwS0?si=VDFwbaSzBd3UsGUQ
Yeah some Toyota guys here use rear airbags, especially when towing. I see that you can get them for the front springs for some trucks but not an option with the coilovers I ran in the 4Runner. I'll be adding a winch or bullbar at some point and so my sag would be in the front. The rear should be able to handle my drawers and cargo just fine unless I tow.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Feature Codes are?
DaBull
I was using this chart posted below as a cross reference but I'm not sure if the feature codes have been posted yet. Most of the chart data is diesels. Hopefully we can glean more information as NAS owners post here. I'd imagine the diesel weighs a little more. I can say that I got the softest fronts and moderate rears. I did get the tow pack but no rails or winch.

Back
Top Bottom