The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Classic Range Rover clone idea.

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea after the Grenadier has been established and successful that Jim Radcliffe really sticks it to Land Rover for abandoning their heritage by releasing a vehicle similar to the classic Range Rover in the Ineos style. I really don't like the looks of the current Range Rover and if this was ever released I think it would be a great success. I'm just glad we have the Grenadier because the classic Defender is my favorite car of all time but it really did need an update. The Range Rover is my second favorite vehicle of all time so if this would ever happen I would definitely need both. 😎 5ff596a25f1a4b19691ad16e_Range rover Classic Ardennes Green (13).jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea after the Grenadier has been established and successful that Jim Radcliffe really sticks it to Land Rover for abandoning their heritage by releasing a vehicle similar to the classic Range Rover in the Ineos style. I really don't like the looks of the current Range Rover and if this was ever released I think it would be a great success. I'm just glad we have the Grenadier because the classic Defender is my favorite car of all time but it really did need an update. The Range Rover is my second favorite vehicle of all time so if this would ever happen I would definitely need both. 😎 View attachment 7803963
It was certainly a game changer but the first time I put it into a corner I had to pull my elbow in
1677022924794.png1677022949151.png

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
This is such a great idea that I think it will naturally just happen. The Grenadier itself will move up market on its own appeal. BMW has numerous power trains they’re willing to sell (including the current hot v turbo V8 in the current Range Rover). Unless the whole thing falls apart; you will see Ineos pushing JLR to likely extinction.

Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Personally.. I actually think the Grenadier is basically a classic Rangie. Both by intent and mechanical similarity. That happens to look an awful lot like like an old Defender.

Meanwhile LR are making new discoveries and calling them a Defender that share nothing with the originals other than a weirdly inflated resemblance to a classic Defender.

Go figure.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Personally.. I actually think the Grenadier is basically a classic Rangie. Both by intent and mechanical similarity.
When they took 2 of the newly released Rangies to the Darien Gap in Panama in 1970 , the diffs literally exploded ; metal shards piercing the floor.
It was the 1st grenadier!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The very late RRCs we’re basically a Disco in a RR body. The original RR body/design is beautiful and I would love a mint classic.

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
download (1).jpegThis is such a great idea that I think it will naturally just happen. The Grenadier itself will move up market on its own appeal. BMW has numerous power trains they’re willing to sell (including the current hot v turbo V8 in the current Range Rover). Unless the whole thing falls apart; you will see Ineos pushing JLR to likely extinction.
Jim Radcliffe should just by Land Rover from Tata Motors.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea after the Grenadier has been established and successful that Jim Radcliffe really sticks it to Land Rover for abandoning their heritage by releasing a vehicle similar to the classic Range Rover in the Ineos style. I really don't like the looks of the current Range Rover and if this was ever released I think it would be a great success. I'm just glad we have the Grenadier because the classic Defender is my favorite car of all time but it really did need an update. The Range Rover is my second favorite vehicle of all time so if this would ever happen I would definitely need both. 😎
Give it time and someone will be a fiberglass kit that has the face of a RR classic and mounting positions of a Gren.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had decided a while ago that I would buy a decent classic RR. My plan was to fit an M57 diesel, and an apple car play radio unit and a few other bits and bobs. Then the Grenadier came along and it had everything that I wanted and more.. then I saw the price of RR classics... Hence my Grenadier order.

I don't see the need for gren based RR. The RR was basically a comfy defender, and so is the grenadier.

analogvernon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We had a classic RR for 7 years. From the last year of production 300tdi auto air, leather, soft dash, etc. Fantastic tow car, covered lots of miles Land Rover at its best. When I saw the Grenadier specs out with the cheque book.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't see the need for gren based RR. The RR was basically a comfy defender, and so is the grenadier.
I agree with you that the Grenadier is exactly that, the comfy Defender with engineering to boot...what I find here in OZ is that JLR has lifted the Old Defender status and price to another level by not making them anymore...it is just a shame they used the Defender name on their latest whatever you should call it...I am hoping the old Defender owners give me a wave or a nod when I do to them...happy motoring

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
I am hoping the old Defender owners give me a wave or a nod when I do to them...happy motoring
Waving through clenched jaws!
(To prevent teeth rattling)

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom