The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Checking In From Front Royal, VA, USA!

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Just got my reservation in on 1/20, and am excited to see what's in store!

My wife, I, and our two dogs hail out of Front Royal, VA (70 miles west of DC). When not slogging 100 miles a day to work, we're exploring in our built '05 Sequoia (which the IG will replace), or our '21 RAM Power Wagon w/ pop-up camper shell. Or...equally likely...I'm creatively cussing while working on them :unsure:. While we've both been various places throughout the world, for the foreseeable future, our travels will be limited to vehicle-based as our young Dutch Shepherd has...issues :rolleyes:. So...we build our trucks around the dogs, and will simply be intimately familiar with North America when all's said and done! We were dead set on an LC200 in a few years (hopefully at least a few) when our Malinois is gone (she's nearly 11) and I don't need the space of our Sequoia. With the introduction of the Grenadier, however, and my teenage boy-like lust for the dearly departed Defender...my desires are rapidly shifting. Should the IG actually come in at the pricepoint they're shooting for...well...so long, Yota, and I'll MAKE the dogs fit!

Looking forward to the sharing of news and builds as they trickle in. Given I'm at the bottom of a long list of reservations...I'm ok with that. Gives us more time to pay everything off and learn from others' mistakes...er...creative consequences! :p.

Just squint your eyes and imagine a Slate Blue Trial Master w/ white roof, and red frame. Outside Gunnison, CO on BLM land last summer.

IMG_5990.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I’m interested in hearing of your adventures, but am far more interested in your dogs. As the unofficial coordinator of canine communications, I must direct you here Dog thread.

Photos, names, ages, and breeds please. 🦮🥹

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I’m interested in hearing of your adventures, but am far more interested in your dogs. As the unofficial coordinator of canine communications, I must direct you here Dog thread.

I’d hazard a Guess at a Malinois and a Dutch Shepherd 🤔

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I’m interested in hearing of your adventures, but am far my interested in your dogs. As the unofficial coordinator of canine communications, I must direct you here Dog thread.

I'll be sure to visit and frequent that thread!

In the meantime...here's:

Havoc, our Dutch Shepherd, who will be 4 in April, is the fastest dog on Earth with the handling of an overloaded dump truck (though he throws a mean rooster tail when cornering) and loves adventure time...despite getting carsick 🥴. He was a covid acquisition (failed out of a K9 program down in NC), and it was a bit of a rough transition from my wife and I being home 100% for his first four months with us...hiking, backpacking, and exploring nearly every day...to me returning to work 1/2 time, to both of us going back full-time.
IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_6516.jpeg

And this is Alexa...she'll be 11 in April, formerly my certified tracking dog, and the most confident, athletic adventurer we've ever had. She absolutely loves bouncing around in the trucks, and to just chill in the tent. Her days of long, loaded, backpacking trips may be behind us, but we simply adjust. She may not be able to outrun her baby brudder, but she can outjuke him, and still hold her own dropping elbows!

IMG_7314.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just looked again, love your dogs. Hopefully I'll meet them some day! Meeting you, meh; but Havoc and Alexa, can't wait.

That's hopefully true for lots of our dogs (the owners not so much) 🤣

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Just looked again, love your dogs. Hopefully I'll meet them some day! Meeting you, meh; but Havoc and Alexa, can't wait.

That's hopefully true for lots of our dogs (the owners not so much) 🤣
Well if you're going to the DC event that's a good possibility...though...sans assholes...er...dogs :sneaky: The only time we've been in Jersey is when we used to go downhill mountain biking at Diablo/Mountain Creek Bike Park. That whole area around Vernon is absolutely gorgeous in the fall!

Local time
Reaction score
Just got my reservation in on 1/20, and am excited to see what's in store!

My wife, I, and our two dogs hail out of Front Royal, VA (70 miles west of DC). When not slogging 100 miles a day to work, we're exploring in our built '05 Sequoia (which the IG will replace), or our '21 RAM Power Wagon w/ pop-up camper shell. Or...equally likely...I'm creatively cussing while working on them :unsure:. While we've both been various places throughout the world, for the foreseeable future, our travels will be limited to vehicle-based as our young Dutch Shepherd has...issues :rolleyes:. So...we build our trucks around the dogs, and will simply be intimately familiar with North America when all's said and done! We were dead set on an LC200 in a few years (hopefully at least a few) when our Malinois is gone (she's nearly 11) and I don't need the space of our Sequoia. With the introduction of the Grenadier, however, and my teenage boy-like lust for the dearly departed Defender...my desires are rapidly shifting. Should the IG actually come in at the pricepoint they're shooting for...well...so long, Yota, and I'll MAKE the dogs fit!

Looking forward to the sharing of news and builds as they trickle in. Given I'm at the bottom of a long list of reservations...I'm ok with that. Gives us more time to pay everything off and learn from others' mistakes...er...creative consequences! :p.

Just squint your eyes and imagine a Slate Blue Trial Master w/ white roof, and red frame. Outside Gunnison, CO on BLM land last summer.

View attachment 7801195
Beautiful dogs. Love Gunnison but boy is it cold! Camped at Buffalo Meadows/Cochetopa Pass one summer to get cooled off.

Back
Top Bottom