The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cascadia greenlaning/off-reading

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score

Our greenlaning or off-roading will be all around our island and around the overall Cascadia region (which is what some are starting to refer to Pacific Northwest as). This is truly a paradise for off-roading, camping, boating, flying, hiking, basically anything outdoors. You can only get to us via ferry, float plane or regular plane (and our weather is almost always excellent despite what you may consider for the “rainy Pacific Northwest” due to being in a rain shadow). Can’t wait to put the Grenadier through the paces here. (That’s our town - Friday Harbor in the first pic; you can see the ferry just coming in to port.)

SteveGren

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I assume that is a car ferry?  When do we hold a Grenadier meetup there?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the inaugural club meeting is gaining traction...

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
SteveGren said:
Gorgeous! I assume that is a car ferry?  When do we hold a Grenadier meetup there?

That is absolutely a car ferry. We have the largest fleet of ferries in the entire nation. The largest can hold 202 vehicles. They run daily and are basically our interstate highways. We hear the horn daily as they slip in and our of our harbor. We have constant float planes coming and going as well and what seems like non-stop air traffic from our tiny airport.       

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a similar environment to us! We're on a pretty small scale. And we have the famous Cascade Brewery in Hobart (Tasmania)!A very long way from you! 

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:
Sounds like you have a similar environment to us! We're on a pretty small scale. And we have the famous Cascade Brewery in Hobart (Tasmania)!A very long way from you! 

Looks like a lovely place. Small scale, eh? I assume you don't mean population. You guys are about 200k? We have about 7000-8000 on our island (more in the summer). All the islands together maybe 15k total. We've got major metro areas just a hop away though - Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria. 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Well plenty of tourists but small ferries. We have 3 small ferries (¬30 cars) that carry us over to or holiday place on an island just south of Hobart.The ferries are pretty busy in tourist season! Luckily our holiday place remains a hamlet. No services keeps people away!

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzieman said:
Well plenty of tourists but small ferries. We have 3 small ferries (¬30 cars) that carry us over to or holiday place on an island just south of Hobart.The ferries are pretty busy in tourist season! Luckily our holiday place remains a hamlet. No services keeps people away!

Sounds very good. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
You guys are too much, Im stuck 2500 miles from home and my Disco 4 in a city with pouring rain. I'm just chomping at the bit to get back out there. So please let me live vicariously through you until I can get home..... ?

Back
Top Bottom