The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cars are moving out

Tomo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
My order was placed in May 22 and my contract was signed in Jan 23 but this was the 2nd contract as the pricing was wrong on the first one and my order has shown as in production for weeks, In a telephone call with IA before Christmas after some complaining by me I was advised that to give me some good news for Christmas that my vehicle was in assembly and they would be in touch to confirm delivery etc. 4 months later still not heard a word from them so have contacted them again for an update. my VIN ends 830 so should have been one of the earlier ones as reserved and ordered as soon as my link was available. I am expecting a response today to my request for an update so will see what they say !

Local time
Reaction score
My order was placed in May 22 and my contract was signed in Jan 23 but this was the 2nd contract as the pricing was wrong on the first one and my order has shown as in production for weeks, In a telephone call with IA before Christmas after some complaining by me I was advised that to give me some good news for Christmas that my vehicle was in assembly and they would be in touch to confirm delivery etc. 4 months later still not heard a word from them so have contacted them again for an update. my VIN ends 830 so should have been one of the earlier ones as reserved and ordered as soon as my link was available. I am expecting a response today to my request for an update so will see what they say
Hi Tomo(?) My dealer has much. more up to date info via his portal than the Ineos customer services (about 2 weeks out of date) try them first.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
my VIN ends 830 so should have been one of the earlier ones as reserved and ordered as soon as my link was available. I am expecting a response today to my request for an update so will see what they say !
Well my VIN is only just after yours, and further to my post above, I got a phone call from my agent mid morning letting me know Ineos had informed them of two vehicles coming this week and one was going to be mine. Just waiting for the 2nd phone call now so I can go and see it. 😁

Hopefully, yours is shipping right now.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I really do think that the lower numbers are built early and have been parked at the production site in Hambach where the cars have been „patched“ as well.
After the parking was filled 100 % they started to ship vehicles with minor “faults” easy to fix at the dealers site to the dealers.
That’s why there have been cars with higher production numbers at the dealers quite early.
Now they obviously fixed the problems like software at the parked vehicles in Hambach and ship those to the dealers as well.
I do not have an other idea as my case has been in “building” mode from 11th of January and arrived without any things to fix at the dealer last week (ok, the table is still missing…) my production number (from the VIN is under 1000).
Just my five cent.

Last edited:

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My order was placed in May 22 and my contract was signed in Jan 23 but this was the 2nd contract as the pricing was wrong on the first one and my order has shown as in production for weeks, In a telephone call with IA before Christmas after some complaining by me I was advised that to give me some good news for Christmas that my vehicle was in assembly and they would be in touch to confirm delivery etc. 4 months later still not heard a word from them so have contacted them again for an update. my VIN ends 830 so should have been one of the earlier ones as reserved and ordered as soon as my link was available. I am expecting a response today to my request for an update so will see what they say !
Keep your chin up mate, my vin 697 and arrived at dealers JT Hughes two weeks ago and should be ready soon. Yours can't be far away. Be riding through MB in half hour on MC off to kilworth for some sausage rolls!!
I really do think that the lower numbers are built early and have been parked at the production site in Hambach where the cars have been „patched“ as well.
After the parking was filled 100 % they started to ship vehicles with minor “faults” easy to fix at the dealers site to the dealers.
That’s why there have been cars with higher production numbers at the dealers quite early.
Now they obviously fixed the problems like software at the parked vehicles in Hambach and ship those to the dealers as well.
I do not have an other idea as my case has been in “building” mode from 11th of January and arrived without any things to fix at the dealer last week (ok, the table is still missing…) my production number (from the VIN is under 1000).
Just my five cent.
Hi Bemax, my dealer told me that although my vin number (697) is low, the vehicle was manufactured in the "third wave" of vehicles to run down the assembly line. This information came from the Ineos operative who checked out my Trialmaster at JT Hughes. Mine had no issues either mechanical or software at all, just tow ball needs changing and side steps need delivering and fitting.

GrenadierAdelaide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi Grenadier Adelaide,
I paid my deposit on 22/10/2022, I am also in Adelaide. I ordered a specced up Trialmaster and have no contract yet but supposedly a build this month.
I was wondering when you paid your deposit, and maybe others paid their deposit's also, as it may help to work out a timeline?.
HI Steve,
I pid my 5K deposit in May 2022. Just received my contract! Ineos Big Brother must be watching us! ;-)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
My dealer (Jardine Kent - UK) have confirmed that my car is built and awaiting transport. I presume that this is from the second batch off the production line and so hopefully the technical issues are now resolved and it shall not sit in their showroom for the next 2 months.

@Del What is your experience with Jardine? I'm thinking about having the service done there.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
@Del What is your experience with Jardine? I'm thinking about having the service done there.
After going to Jardine Kent today, my question has been answered. I can well imagine that the Grenadiers are just accessories after seeing all the Aston Martins.
A57E18E1-8B14-46E9-9928-4D7A6FF14728.jpeg

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After going to Jardine Kent today, my question has been answered. I can well imagine that the Grenadiers are just accessories after seeing all the Aston Martins.
View attachment 7823365
Bought mine through Jardine's it was an experience from the 1970's style of used car salesmanship , but has improved marginally ..............

I could write a book on it, !!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bought mine through Jardine's it was an experience from the 1970's style of used car salesmanship , but has improved marginally ..............

I could write a book on it, !!!
did you see Swiss Tony?

buying a Grenadier is like making..........

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
Do new cars usually sit at dealers for 2 weeks in England? In the US, the turn around is usually just one day after it arrives.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do new cars usually sit at dealers for 2 weeks in England? In the US, the turn around is usually just one day after it arrives.
Afraid I couldn’t really say. Last time I bought a new car, it was only at the dealership a couple of days I think.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I dont know about ‘normal’, but as a new model (and most deliveries are still particularly early cars) there’s campaigns and checks to be carried out, which can take quite a few hours per car, more if there’s rectification discovered, and there’s low numbers of staff ( mechanics with experience) because its a low volume brand, with initial high backed up deliveries. Thats in addition to the usual prep, especially if its travelled far and been stored outside.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Afraid I couldn’t really say. Last time I bought a new car, it was only at the dealership a couple of days I think.
Ineos dealers have to do the PDI's and then they potentially have a lot of accessories to fit.
Most other brands the vehicle comes from the factory 99.9% ready to go with just a spit & a polish

Back
Top Bottom