The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cargo space cover

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
One of my daughters in law, the Polish one 🤣
But she tries as much as she can to remove the fear of my grandson. When there is a spider in the bathroom she tells her son: "Leo, ask grand-dad (me) to catch the spider and put it gently outside", and then we do it together :eek:
Nobody who has ever lived in my house (including sons GFs) have had an option of running away from spiders.
They are everywhere. I love 'em!
It's grownups that teach kids silly fears.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
I have a mate who is a boat upholster and I'll be getting something made up once the Gren lands. Not sure if I'm to use a stretch fabric with a fixed edge rope or a marine canvas with ringlets and stretch cord. I found stretch fabrics over the years are prone to rips tears fraying etc...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a mate who is a boat upholster and I'll be getting something made up once the Gren lands. Not sure if I'm to use a stretch fabric with a fixed edge rope or a marine canvas with ringlets and stretch cord. I found stretch fabrics over the years are prone to rips tears fraying etc...
In the past I've adapted a simple spring loaded Holland roller blind (dark grey/black)...work well for several years

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see that Land Rover use some form of stretch luggage space cover in their new Defender. Harry of 'Harry's Garage' on YouTube considers it a bit pointless. I'm guessing that blacked out windows will help hide whatever one is carrying.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, they're just simple
The thief sees the blanket with something under it and thinks "what are they trying to hide from me?"
And you don’t think they would have the same thought with a screen? If they’re going to break in they’ll break in. I wonder what’s under that screen?? Screens just stop opportunistic theft - no different to a blanket.

The screen on our X3 isn’t pulled out for that very reason.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
No, they're just simple
The thief sees the blanket with something under it and thinks "what are they trying to hide from me?"
The reason I went for panel sides in the rear, I run Solar Screens on my 200 series for that reason, can't steal what you can't see

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And you don’t think they would have the same thought with a screen? If they’re going to break in they’ll break in. I wonder what’s under that screen?? Screens just stop opportunistic theft - no different to a blanket.

We also have the X3 (Great minds think alike), with dark glass and the luggage cover in use. Not being a car thief or opportunist criminal I can’t say exactly what motives them but I’m sure that actually seeing something of value that is easily portable, would motivate the thief further. Otherwise they might find themselves with an awful lot of cars to smash up in the hope of finding something useful to them.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score

It most for opportunistic theft indeed. Preventing / inhibiting planned theft this is no solution of course. As I wrote .. not to attract sticky fingers. So they see blackout windows and even if they try to peep inside.. there it is just grey - in 99% of all cases there is just empty but a foldable box.

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
I don't know if this company has been discussed here b4 but I saw this and it could be a solution for the side windows:

They could also make some covers for the safari windows as well for sun/heat protection.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour
Une simple plaque de contre plaque adaptée aux formes intérieures, fixée à l'aide des supports de crochets de charge avec une cornière alu en haut pour servir de support aux éléments du cache bagage.
Les planches de bois très fines peuvent être recouvertes de moquette et se répliquer les unes sur les autres. C'est simple, démontable et sans préférence.

1677333240804.png

1677333146139.png

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know why the wheel arch intrusions aren’t symmetrical. The sloped one looks useless, I’d much rather they flattened it up or stepped it like the left one.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know why the wheel arch intrusions aren’t symmetrical. The sloped one looks useless, I’d much rather they flattened it up or stepped it like the left one.
The fuel filler and adblue lines are under the one on the right
1677443648507.png

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What about some sort of stretchy material, like a cargo net that can be fixed onto the higher level strap down points.

Clearly a cargo net is not up to the task but I have seen the much tighter weave black stretchy material that would be good. I bet someone already makes something that could be used/adapted
Could have a horizontal roller blind. Got one in the Rav 4 and it works well.

Back
Top Bottom