The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cargo space cover

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,
Was looking to see if the hive mind has any ideas . I usually keep in my trunk / boot ( depending who you are talking to ) a 24h car bag , compressor , valve stems , patch kit , ratchet straps etc …. . Up to now all my cars had some sort of cover so you would not be able to see what is being carried in the back . As far as i know the grenadier does not have a solution for this from the factory .
Any ideas for alternatives ? I am aware of the station wagons ( bmw , skoda ) they have the pull cover . That might be a retrofit option although unlikely .

Looking forward to your thoughts .

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
What about some sort of stretchy material, like a cargo net that can be fixed onto the higher level strap down points.

Clearly a cargo net is not up to the task but I have seen the much tighter weave black stretchy material that would be good. I bet someone already makes something that could be used/adapted

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
could possibly work . i think caargo net between the cargo rails keep everything in the middle and then cover on the top anchor points . maybe .

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What about some sort of stretchy material, like a cargo net that can be fixed onto the higher level strap down points.

Clearly a cargo net is not up to the task but I have seen the much tighter weave black stretchy material that would be good. I bet someone already makes something that could be used/adapted
A discussion with an upholstery maker might bear fruit with some ideas.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,
Was looking to see if the hive mind has any ideas . I usually keep in my trunk / boot ( depending who you are talking to ) a 24h car bag , compressor , valve stems , patch kit , ratchet straps etc …. . Up to now all my cars had some sort of cover so you would not be able to see what is being carried in the back . As far as i know the grenadier does not have a solution for this from the factory .
Any ideas for alternatives ? I am aware of the station wagons ( bmw , skoda ) they have the pull cover . That might be a retrofit option although unlikely .

In my Disco and in the Ford there are both rear stretch blinds - covers so noone can look inside. - Both cars have also privacy glassing and that is what I also opted for the Iggy. -Main reason not to attract sticky fingers
Even if I transport rather seldom valuable - or risky thingies ) in a vehicle.. and only short time unattended - (e.g. paying fuel or biological breaks) but Murphy is a bitch. So a full cover of the boot is handy . even if there is dark tinted glass. Indeed I also look for such a solution.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A boot cover is also on my wish list for exactly the same reasons as @klarie. And I ordered tinted glass for the same reason.
I was thinking that perhaps I could buy some IKEA like curtain, with a spring rewinding system and fix it horizontally in the car. But I need my car first to experiment with the idea. The fixation should be neat and removable.
But I am sure that or INEOS or some third party will come up with a neater solution.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
That’s it. Klarie has named what I was thinking off. “Stretch blinds” !!

They are already out there.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think if we all bombard an aftermarket company with the same enquiry, then someone will hopefully design and manufacture a made to measure unit for the IG.

There are already universal roller blinds for vehicles but one with the right fixings and width will be brilliant

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think if we all bombard an aftermarket company with the same enquiry, then someone will hopefully design and manufacture a made to measure unit for the IG.

There are already universal roller blinds for vehicles but one with the right fixings and width will be brilliant
i am game !!!!! black sheep might be interested they look like a cool bunch of guys and gals

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

Sorry not the clearest image
There are four tie down points below the windows which you could easily fix a cover to with carabiners
1677273436253.png
1677273237449.png

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
You could also remove the D rings and use the bolts to hold some brackets that allow you to mount a solid shelf up at the base of the window.
Make it hinged and you could swing it up and fasten it to the holes near the roof when you want to carry tall stuff
Makes a good shelf and load cover when latched down

1677273436253-png.7804181
1677275250018.png

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You could also remove the D rings and use the bolts to hold some brackets that allow you to mount a solid shelf up at the base of the window.
Make it hinged and you could swing it up and fasten it to the holes near the roof when you want to carry tall stuff
Makes a good shelf and load cover when latched down

1677273436253-png.7804181
View attachment 7804190
the moere i think about it the more a drewer system make sense :)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And a fake spider. All thieves have phobias.
One of my daughters in law, the Polish one 🤣
But she tries as much as she can to remove the fear of my grandson. When there is a spider in the bathroom she tells her son: "Leo, ask grand-dad (me) to catch the spider and put it gently outside", and then we do it together :eek:

Back
Top Bottom