The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Built On Purpose.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
@emax exactly.. the house you gonna buid must fit in the landscape, energy consumption levels etc etc. some exceptions are only possible in an industrial area. That is typical.. - however may be cirumvented if you add a couple of printed paper with numbers on it.. or add a reason for exception. Seen in Paderborn e.g. there was a villa of a company owner with a lot of employees, paying a lot of taxes.. and he just told .. if you dont allow me to do this I seriously consider relocation. Exception granted. Some are more equal. But if you look at this place overall - most western countries became corrupt and decadent. See past 2 years. - Dont want to become politically.
Some rules are okay. Was in Rhodes this year. The traffic code - including red light.. okay - may be.. speed.. the same, consider the rules as a recommendation. Still very few accidents (Next to none)

In Germany - ususally its the forbidden except permitted - in UK permitted except explicitily forbidden - "Keep off" Made me laugh. - However looking at different thingies e.g. Gun laws - In Germany handguns and semiautomatics both shot and rifled and long gun supressors are permitted, - if you can prove yourself as hunter - with some restrictions as sport shooter too.
In UK - handguns are a no go. But more powerful airrifles, and shotguns are less regulated. Also okay night targeting devices. In Germany only attachments w/o crosshair to riflescope permitted but not all in one. So each country has its topics.

I remember the discussion of purchasing cigarettes in France when UK was still in EU and HM Treasury. Also some family in Hounslow, NHS checked what was in the fridge.. called advice - I considered the NHS advisor as rather nudging.. Auntie was quite offended.
Okay - we re all preoccupied on the British, German, French.. and what they do - behavioural etc. - as I worked in many countries and met John AveragePerson in reality. We do not differ that much. - All of us. Spent nearly 2 years in Ireland (Athlone), some time in the Nordics, in Switzerland (Zurich) and France, Luxembourg and Romania as well as UK & US.

To me a human being tends to be convenient. If you grew up in an convenient environment its a tendency to laziness. (Work, mentally, politically)
If you know this illustration with a donkey - seeing a carrot (named bonus or similar) at its nose to be motivated to work - and later its shoved in his butt.
Yep maybe some people need rules and regulations but because of convenience. And the state and political elite like this offer for convenience to control people but on conditions. So we slowly shift to a parental state.

Perhaps the people going 4by4 off road, survival, hunting - are a bit different. "They re self contained, try to be independent, open minded. We need to be aware of not becoming stigmatised because of what we do. Driving old school combustion engine, who needs a 4x4, these people destroy nature with their big vehicles, camp in the wild, are a pest, they re preppers, perhaps armed and a possible enemy of society. An in Germany you gonna be beaten up by N**i - club"

To be frank - I give a damn.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
> tends to find new rules when there are people that do not respect the ones that already exist.

Apart from the fact that I have other experiences, this would also be a pretty idiotic idea. New rules can hardly be used to enforce existing rules. Instead, if rules are really being disregarded, they should be enforced, or better yet, find out why they are not being followed.

And my example about garden planting actually shows that that can hardly be the problem: There were no rules of this kind before because the construction area simply didn't exist before.

But I'd better not get into more politics here.

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
This vehicle is really built on purpose. Even more rugged than the Grenadier.

Moderate horsepower but 1100 NM.

I like the look. What I don't like is the weight, the fuel burn and the price.
But it's for sure a nice toy and has an impressive wading depth.
And it has even more switches than the Grenadier!

But my neighbors would probably call the doctors if I were to drive up with it ...

haha yep that’s pretty mad.
I like these ones…
you know for the 150L fuel tank

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
In the US we have homeowner association in most newer developments. I had been in my house for 10 years when I was told my trees in the front yard weren’t approved and needed to be removed. After explaining to them that the builder of the association put them in I would be happy if they would handle that for me. 10 years later they are taller and healthier then ever.

Back
Top Bottom