The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Building your Grenadier

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone else had an email from Ineos about signing off on your Grenadier build?? I have been asked to sign off the final build spec and contract by the 8th July. ??

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
yes, same here. One month earlier than expected and no word about a test drive ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After all the waiting when the email arrived I looked like the Cheshire Cat??, but won’t count my chickens etc.Wollaston BMW Northampton appear to be my nearest Ineos dealer, I may give them a call to see if and when they are likely to get one in to look at in the flesh.

Local time
Reaction score
According to my dealer they cant change anything  the change can only be done by Ineos as thy dont have access to the dealer portal yet.

Helmut

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, I shall finally define my specs and order until end of week, but no word HOW to do it. When pressing the "order now" button, I'm requested to pay additional 2500 Euro, what I certainly will not do. No information about the binding nature of such an order, no terms & conditions, no concrete delivery date ...? My dealer has no clue and will get in touch with INEOS.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I assume, that you had made a configuration and ordered that before, including the payment of 2500 € in total?
If not, you simply missed the most important part.

But if yes, I guess that there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what's going on.

Quote from the EMail which everybody who has ordered has received these days:
Confirmation of your specification
We must finalize your order by July 8, 2022. After that, no more changes to your specification are possible.

If you're happy with the specification you chose, you don't have to do anything. We will then continue to process your existing order as you placed it.
So how could they tell you, how to do nothing?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> No information about the binding nature of such an order, no terms & conditions, no concrete delivery date ...?

That had been described thoroughly long before.
  1. They send you a contract.
  2. If you sign the contract, the deal is binding for both sides. Otherwise your money will be refunded and nothing else happens.
  3. A contract requires terms and conditions, so I presume they will send them together with and as part of the contract. The contract would otherwise be ineffective.
  4. I can only assume that they will specify the week of production and say something like ' ... delivery around 8 weeks after production..." or so.
  5. They will as well reserve the right to move the delivery date due to force majeure  or to supply chain problems.
The green part was described before.
The orange part is a matter of fact.
The yellow part is an assumption.
The rest is no question. And if you sign this reservation (likely as a part of the T&C) you simply agree.

If I missed something, please give me a hint.
Otherwise: What's the problem?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep got my email too and don't need to change anything. Fieldmaster with few options for October build and Gloucester dealer. Wouldn't expect to wait longer than 4 weeks for delivery after build.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Having paid the second instalment in the reservation /future contract process, I noted with some concern that Ineos had listed the "Roadside Emergency Kit" in my   Grenadier "Configuration Specification". I compared what I had ordered with what came in the email as having been ordered and there was no " Roadside Emergency kit" on my list. I also noted that the reversing camera is listed seemingly as an option, but according to the Australian Spec Brochure this is a standard inclusion for Aus. Spec Vehicles.
Do any other Aus. members here have the roadside Emergency Kit listed or is this now a standard inclusion... Just seeking some clarity...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DenisM userid=8875352 postid=1332967005]Do any other Aus. members here have the roadside Emergency Kit listed or is this now a standard inclusion... [/QUOTE]
Yep, I have it Denis.  It's listed as a $0 item on mine.  I presume it to be standard inclusion (jack/triangle etc?).

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Many thanks for the clarification  ... I found your travel site..WOW!!  ... suggested to my dear wife that we do something similar with the IG... she responded that I should spend less time at the computer and more time doing all those jobs which once I retired I 'vowed' ? would be "soon completed" !! Now that the IG is in the works guess I better get moving!?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL, I hear you. Looking forward to getting out there again, this work thing is brutal!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
LOL, I hear you. Looking forward to getting out there again, this work thing is for mugs!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=CountyV8 userid=8620645 postid=1332946617]According to my dealer they cant change anything  the change can only be done by Ineos as thy dont have access to the dealer portal yet.[/QUOTE]

100% correct! Only a couple of dealers have access whilst they trial the portal for any bugs that come up.

I don't have any access yet.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=@nd userid=8993362 postid=1332944798]After all the waiting when the email arrived I looked like the Cheshire Cat??, but won’t count my chickens etc.Wollaston BMW Northampton appear to be my nearest Ineos dealer, I may give them a call to see if and when they are likely to get one in to look at in the flesh.[/QUOTE]

This will more than likely be end of the Summer going into September.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Halliwell i did call them and the woman i spoke to said they were building a new building for it(Grenadier) i presume ?? 

Local time
Reaction score
Re build dates - has anybody yet had theirs shifted back? I reserved back in May, confirmed the order asap in June and the initial build date was indicated late November. I now notice that the web log in is showing the order build as March 2023. No changes to the original configuration have yet been made so that wouldn't be a reason.

Fox2000

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just heard back from my dealer. It seems unlikely you can change an order from trialmaster to station wagon without losing your build slot. He has asked me if it’s a dealbreaker.

Back
Top Bottom