The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
I don‘t think we will get a car delivered in September or even October.

My build date is September, so if Ineos wants the contract signed 60 days in advance it should be done now. Nobody has been offered a contract yet. The dealers do not seem to know anything about signing and paying as I was told by my dealer in Berlin. It will all be delayed weeks if not month. ?

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=blueTdi userid=8917020 postid=1333091521]I don‘t think we will get a car delivered in September or even October.

My build date is September, so if Ineos wants the contract signed 60 days in advance it should be done now. Nobody has been offered a contract yet. The dealers do not seem to know anything about signing and paying as I was told by my dealer in Berlin. It will all be delayed weeks if not month. 
1f641.png

[/QUOTE]
Don't be pessimistic yet, if your build month is September - say 30-th of September, than your contract signing date is 30-th of July, you have one more week... 

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
@red pepper I agree!

@blue tdi All the better. Then your money in the bank can still enjoy nice interest rate increases. ?

Sandman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No ReservationOrdered 20 MayBuild Date July 23
Australia
SW Trailmaster with some options
Magic Mushroom

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=rovie userid=8990308 postid=1333091817]@red pepper I agree!

@blue tdi All the better. Then your money in the bank can still enjoy nice interest rate increases. ?[/QUOTE]

Inflation is about 8%, interest rate might raise to 1%. I want to spend the money as soon as possible for the new car. ?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=blueTdi userid=8917020 postid=1333092642]

Inflation is about 8%, interest rate might raise to 1%. I want to spend the money as soon as possible for the new car. 
1f60e.png
[/QUOTE]

Inflation is a year-over-year number and does not state what you will pay in the future.  It is a basket of goods and services that show how much prices have increased from previous year.  The largest cost that has driven inflation has been energy and food.  So look at the Core CPI which was 5.9% but rent increases has caused the CPI to go up.  With that said the previous month was 6% and in April, it was higher.  So inflation is actually coming down and rolling over among sectors.  Look at commodity prices, the area that saw the first move of inflation.   Those prices are coming down.  Next should be consumer discretionary as people stop spending as demand destruction works it's way through the system.  

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Inflation is, what I pay more compared to what I payed once, e.g a year before.

Fuel: +67%
Electricity: +56%
Gas: +300%
Food: +40%

to name the heaviest parts. And all of them have recently got a projection to experience another "explosion" with the upcoming winter.

This is my basket. Political propaganda is meaningless at the end of the month.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it correct that no one using this forum has actually received a contract to sign?

If customers are given a "production month" without a specific date then it's reasonable to assume a mid-point - 15th of the month.

INEOS have clearly stated numerous times that contracts will be issued 60 days prior to production.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=emax userid=8900646 postid=1333095073]Inflation is, what I pay more compared to what I paid once, e.g a year before.

Fuel: +67%
Electricity: +56%
Gas: +300%
Food: +40%

to name the heaviest parts. And all of them have recently got a projection to experience another "explosion" with the upcoming winter.

This is my basket. Political propaganda is meaningless at the end of the month.[/QUOTE] No political agenda but using my many years of education in economics and finance to correct a misconception around the inflation conversation.  Here I'll add more since you mentioned "my basket".  The real issue is your basket of goods has gone up exponentially but your wage has not increased at a higher rate to combat inflation. For example, someone in the US real wage provides the same purchasing power as it did 40 years ago.  Instead of focusing on the cost of goods going up, one should start questioning why they are getting paid less than they actually should.  I tend to focus on reality and not feelings/opinions

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
>  I tend to focus on reality and not feelings/opinions

My payments are reality. Numbers are not opinions. For me, living in Europe, comparisons with US economy are pointless. The European reality is a desaster, caused by highly paid ECB experts with "many years of education in economics and finance": as things stand they havent'n been worth much.

That education didn't apparently protect the continent from these Keynesian smartasses which are driving us into the big shit of which their opponents of the Austrian school have warned them over and over again.

I do however not know whether the difference between the Keynesian and Austrian School theories of economies have been part of your economy and finance syllabus.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Since you ask, I tend to follow Austrian since I believe in the business and credit cycle. You will notice that I mention demand destruction.

My understanding majority of the German population is not a big fan of the ECB since you are the largest stakeholder and have been asked to bail out other countries.  At the same time your Duestch bank can't get out of it's own way.  

Finally, I spend my time making money on the investment side of the equation.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@emaxSo true, unfortunately. I don‘t care for theory, I look at my wallet and now have to pay much more for energy, food etc. than 1 year ago. This will not change. And I see my bank account where I had to pay the bank to keep my money (for the car).

But it is the wrong topic, we should not discuss it here.

Crofthead

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Reserved 30 Sept 21
Ordered 19 May 22
Build November 22
UK
Solid black 5 seat diesel

Is it possible RHD following LHD?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Crofthead userid=8990301 postid=1333097077]Is it possible RHD following LHD?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing, @Crofthead... or, more precisely, compliance for/by EU before other markets.  

Here in Australia various previous Australian Standards have been relaxed such that a product meeting standards for sale in the EU automatically complies for Australia.  

Point is I expect the UK and Australian authorities may find some efficiencies from and therefore prefer being down stream of EU market compliance.

Has Brexit had an impact on this I wonder?  All of that getting Brussels out of ones life seems to generally mean things take longer, at least this is how it appears from down under.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1333095225]Is it correct that no one using this forum has actually received a contract to sign?

If customers are given a "production month" without a specific date then it's reasonable to assume a mid-point - 15th of the month.

INEOS have clearly stated numerous times that contracts will be issued 60 days prior to production.[/QUOTE]

September build date... I haven't even had the call for finalization of requested changes, therefor also no contract issued.

Build date will differ from delivery date of course and adding the final assembly of the dealer with all the extras that according to the configurator will not be installed by INEOS I in the meantime do not expect to drive my Grenadier before November/December.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ADVAW8S userid=8452459 postid=1333095959]Since you ask, I tend to follow Austrian since I believe in the business and credit cycle. You will notice that I mention demand destruction.[/Quote]

Nice to hear that. And BTW: this is nothing against you. Sometimes I'm just a grumpy old man. ;-)

[QUOTE username=ADVAW8S userid=8452459 postid=1333095959]
My understanding majority of the German population is not a big fan of the ECB since you are the largest stakeholder and have been asked to bail out other countries.  [/quote]

This majority would be there, if they would know about it. In fact, most of them do not even know, what the 'ECB' (or in German EZB) actually is.  It's a drama. As long as you give them Hamburgers And Television, they won't simply wake up.

They all complain that houses and rents are now unaffordable, but think at the same time that Europe is great.

They simply have no idea how all this is connected: The ECB is rescuing the southern countries with low interest rates (which apply to ALL EU countries!) because they (the southern countries) simply cannot keep up with the performance of the northern countries. The low interest rates lead to currency devaluation because you can no longer generate returns with such interest rates. So the money is invested in real estate, which of course becomes more and more expensive according to the laws of supply and demand, leading to high purchase prices and, as a result, high rents.

It is simply the result of the non-functioning idea of ​​a common currency both in the poorest countries at the lowest economic level and at the same time in the super-strong industrial nations. The only recipe for saving the situation was and still is: "Whatever it takes": print money to the bitter end. They didn't produce more than that.

Finally, I spend my time making money on the investment side of the equation.

Though not having a university education in economy and finance, I have almost 40 years of training on the job: I worked many years as a freelancer and software engineer at the Deutsche Bank IBS department, which is at Deutsche Bank exactly what you are working for: Investment Banking Systems. I was in the headquarter at Eschborn. My job (as part of a 50 engineers team) was to calculate the daily trading results which finally yielded the fund and share prices in the newspapers.

Anyone who has ever done a job like this will never again believe the publications and printed matter about share prices, fund developments and stock market values. Not because the software sucks. But because the business and the respective rules we had to implement are so dirty. And that eventually changed my view of the economy and the big business behind the scenes that actually drives everything.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
"This majority would be there, if they would know about it. In fact, most of them do not even know, what the 'ECB' (or in German EZB) actually is.  It's a drama. As long as you give them Hamburgers And Television, they won't simply wake up."

Not Just in Germany Emax, I think its safe to tar most of the western World with that brush!

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. 
reserved early 2022
ordered may 2022
build date march 2023. 
any idea when we will see a demo in Australia?

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Build Month: September
Also haven't received any contract work to sign

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom