The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Brochure Obsessions

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
@TnUplander So to make things worse, not only do we use different gallons (US = 4 quarts, Imperial = 5), but we measure octane differently, too.

https://www.etuners.gr/fuel/

Short story, 87 octane in the US maps to the standard grade fuel in Europe, 91 is mid grade US, 93 is high grade US.  I'm note sure what the typical octane numbers are for standard/mid/high in Europe, so I won't speak out of turn.

US does combined as well, but it's less popular than the city/hwy numbers.  But if you look at a modern window sticker, they're pushing the combined cycle now, and generally feature it above/larger font than the city/hwy figures.  Usually falls about in the middle.  My out-of-thin-air guess is that 18 Combined is probably 15 city, 20 highway.  Give or take.  We'll know for sure late this year when the US figures are announced.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
emax said:
Why makes you think they mean imperial gallons?
Imperial gallons are used in most of the extremely few countries that use the imperial system of bad measuring practice.
Being a UK brochure they would have to use UK based figures. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
@TnUplander So to make things worse, not only do we use different gallons (US = 4 quarts, Imperial = 5), but we measure octane differently, too.

Short story, 87 octane in the US maps to the standard grade fuel in Europe, 91 is mid grade US, 93 is high grade US.  I'm note sure what the typical octane numbers are for standard/mid/high in Europe, so I won't speak out of turn.

US does combined as well, but it's less popular than the city/hwy numbers.  But if you look at a modern window sticker, they're pushing the combined cycle now, and generally feature it above/larger font than the city/hwy figures.  Usually falls about in the middle.  My out-of-thin-air guess is that 18 Combined is probably 15 city, 20 highway.  Give or take.  We'll know for sure late this year when the US figures are announced.

d1rty said:
d1rty said:

We have Euro standard 91, 95 & 98 Octane in Australia

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Roo bar looks like this and it bolts onto the existing bumper so I imagine no more than 40kgs 
  [QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332516732]
She certainly is on the heavy side. (My 1983 MB G wagon, with ladder frame, solid axels etc. is 2,000kg, mind you she only has 140HP!). Although, when you consider the extra weight for ladder frame etc. - a BMW X5 is 2,500kg.

Fuel consumption is probably OK (averaging 14.2 Lt per 100km (petrol engine)), esp. when you compare to, say, the BMW X5 with similar engine  that has 13.7 Lt per 100km.

Overall, I am super impressed in what they have delivered. The options are what is needed & are well priced.

They need to get their configurator back up and running - before 18 May - with all options & pricing, even if not all the options can be visually seen but, to enable buyers to build up their tailored car with the relevant pricing.

There are some little things frustrating - like:
what do the optional floor mats look like and can they be fitted over the rubber floors or just if you have carpet?
privacy glass - all windows or just rear?
whats in the roadside emergency kits?
What does the roo bar & side bars look like, their weight etc.?
More details/photos of the cargo management system

[/QUOTE]

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking at the brochure the 18” alloy seems to have a cosmetic (??) beadlock ring where as the 17” doesn’t. Was there any commentary on this??

Also is it just me or does any one else feel not impressed by the design of the alloys?? I’m sure they’ll be strong but I feel Ineos could have been a bit more bold with the design

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Cant find it now on the forum but someone had a query about the tow ball size on the Australian version, brochure confirms 50mm.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes 50mm hayman reece style hitch receiver is confirmed however there may be an error or carryover in the brochure from the U.K. version.  The Aus brochure states the towbar is rated as class 3.  In Aus Class 3 is up to 1600kg, whilst class 4 is 3500kg.  Doesn't make sense having 3500kg towing ability with a 1600kg class 3 towbar rating so guess its an error.

TnUplander

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
US site appears to be down at 1530 central.   Hoping that means they are loading it up.

TnUplander

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Cant wait to see if they have the wet bar option.

Back
Top Bottom