The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire vs BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 Tire.....save 1k on the build?

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
trying to shave $1000 off of the build.

has anybody compared the exact 2 tires that we have an option to get?

im loosening my stance on the BFG to get the cost down. the b-stone shouldn't last as long but it seems like they should do better gas wise. the tread is less aggressive and should translate into a better road tire as well.

which 2 tires are exactly being used on the IG and what is their street cost if we were to buy them?

anybody else considering the Bridgestone option?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have heard some moans about the dueler but then again I have heard lots of moans about the BFG, and that’s probably because I have read so much about the BFG’s so have encountered more negatives as well as positives.

Personally I don’t think the IG looks a good with the more road biased tyres but I am sure they will be fine if you really need to shave a grand off the price.

My advice, get what you want, otherwise you will be wanting them and end up spending more later. Done it loads of times and learnt my lesson now.

Local time
Reaction score
I have heard some moans about the dueler but then again I have heard lots of moans about the BFG, and that’s probably because I have read so much about the BFG’s so have encountered more negatives as well as positives.

Personally I don’t think the IG looks a good with the more road biased tyres but I am sure they will be fine if you really need to shave a grand off the price.

My advice, get what you want, otherwise you will be wanting them and end up spending more later. Done it loads of times and learnt my lesson now.

my thing is these b-stone tires is that they might not last several years or 20k miles. I'm expecting a short life with them, while not throwing much at them.

maybe they will treat me right at the pump and mileage. I'm leaning on getting them. saving 1k initially seems worth it for something that will need to be eventually replaced at sometime anyway.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
my thing is these b-stone tires is that they might not last several years or 20k miles. I'm expecting a short life with them even not throwing much at them. maybe they will treat me right at the pump. I'm leaning on getting them. saving 1k initailly seems worth.
I think there’s good reasoning there. There are a number of good tyres in the market that fit and you may be tempted soon enough to move to one of a different size, or with superior performance in your local climate and surface conditions.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
my thing is these b-stone tires is that they might not last several years or 20k miles. I'm expecting a short life with them even not throwing much at them. maybe they will treat me right at the pump. I'm leaning on getting them. saving 1k initailly seems worth.

Ok, I can see where you are coming from.

save 1k and save at the pump.

If you are going to be doing quite a bit of mileage on stuff the B/stone will handle, then that does make a lot of sense.

They won’t last as long but you can then chose exactly what you want to put on the IG when the time comes.

In which case, as long as you aren’t planning on only doing bout 4k miles a year year, and you would really like the BFG’s but just want to save 1k, then I would say your reasoning is solid.

At the end of the day, it’s your cash buddy, so you do what feels right and your reasoning seems good to me, if that makes you feel any better

Local time
Reaction score
I think there’s good reasoning there. There are a number of good tyres in the market that fit and you may be tempted soon enough to move to one of a different size, or with superior performance in your local climate and surface conditions.

Ok, I can see where you are coming from.

save 1k and save at the pump.

If you are going to be doing quite a bit of mileage on stuff the B/stone will handle, then that does make a lot of sense.

They won’t last as long but you can then chose exactly what you want to put on the IG when the time comes.

In which case, as long as you aren’t planning on only doing bout 4k miles a year year, and you would really like the BFG’s but just want to save 1k, then I would say your reasoning is solid.

At the end of the day, it’s your cash buddy, so you do what feels right and your reasoning seems good to me, if that makes you feel any better

I would prefer to stick with the BFG because I have a set that's still going strong for almost 10 years. thing is they suck gas and are loud. they're pretty awesome in the snow and trails though. I don't drive much anymore, so they might pay for themselves in life length should I get them.

I still think I'm going to roll with the stones and save some coin. I want to try and get the cost of the grenadier closer to 75 not 80.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
trying to shave $1000 off of the build.

has anybody compared the exact 2 tires that we have an option to get?

im loosening my stance on the BFG to get the cost down. the b-stone shouldn't last as long but it seems like they should do better gas wise. the tread is less aggressive and should translate into a better road tire as well.

which 2 tires are exactly being used on the IG and what is their street cost if we were to buy them?

anybody else considering the Bridgestone option?
My build price is pretty much the same as yours.
I don't need the fancy stuff but having difficulty unchecking the aux panel and rough pack.
I even took out the side steps and told my wife to just bring her own step stool:ROFLMAO:

Now should there be any significant markups, that's where the unchecking happens.

Local time
Reaction score
My build price is pretty much the same as yours.
I don't need the fancy stuff but having difficulty unchecking the aux panel and rough pack.
I even took out the side steps and told my wife to just bring her own step stool:ROFLMAO:

Now should there be any significant markups, that's where the unchecking happens.

I said in another thread that the aux panel was as good as gone for me. I just never follow through with enough mods to justify the price. I couldn't rule out not using it at all. in many prior vehicles I had big plans. not much ever came to fruition.

the runners were a late addition and maybe they'll come off as well. it's not a good look, but I know they'll be helpful. just like those foot rests on stools. still holding out on the privacy glass and back ladder. but they might come off as well.

I could save another 1500 going with the 17 alloys over the 18. that hurts as I want the 18. but it just might be more prudent thing to get the 17. but my prior history says I'll be keeping these rims for life.. so I'll be settling........so maybe I will suck it up and get what I want.

those 17 rims are glossy black aren't they?....I hate that.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My choice for the BFG’s was made simple by Ineos, they come with the Trialmaster. I wanted them anyway and decided that as I won’t be doing a lot of mile per year, I reckon about 5000 tbh. Then it won’t be a massive hit on the fuel.

However I do go to Wales quite a bit on lots of A and B roads, and I would describe my driving style as, I like to make progress.

I will have to temper that slightly especially in the wet, as if they are anything like the General Grabber AT2 I once had, I will be making progress straight into the nearest ditch.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW the truck I used at the NY drive event had the ’Stones on them and no lockers and it performed amazingly well. It really was capable with those tires.

Local time
Reaction score

new tires is a pretty easy mod..if you call it that. I'm sure some people might get stones just to take them off and spend extra on their preferred tire as well. seems like the extra 1000 being charged might be excessive to the street prices between the 2 as well.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going with the stones to save the dough and putting 285/70/17’s on the day it arrives. Hopefully sell the other ones to offset the cost of the larger set.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going with the stones to save the dough and putting 285/70/17’s on the day it arrives. Hopefully sell the other ones to offset the cost of the larger set.
That’s a 3” difference. Think there’s enough room without any compromises? (IE tire rub, articulation detriments, etc)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I read on here that the braid wheels gives you a offset that should allow you to get the tire on and not have any rub

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
I also plan to switch to 285/70/17s when delivered

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm planning to go with the standard tires and add 33" K02's (or bigger if I can). Hoping we get some real world feedback on different tire sizes.

Local time
Reaction score
seems like the the Bridgestone Dueler A/T 001 tires are not made for the American market.

The A/T 001 tweaked for the Gren per this vid @3:40

Says suitable for most buyers - that would include me.

View: https://youtu.be/0itg3oUVpIQ

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know what "load rating " the K02s being delivered are? LT265/70R17 121/118S but doesn't say if it is LT265/70R17/E 121/118S or a different rating..

Back
Top Bottom