The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Brakes?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
... You have missed my point, which is that - most of the time in real world driving - sports cars and SUVs don't travel at different speeds (regardless of the capability of the sports car).
That's probably not the point. Manufacturers have to build their cars for what they can do, but not for what they actually or usually do in "real life." This is why high-speed cars must have stronger brakes, regardless of whether they need them in real life or not.

The worst case scenarios dictate the required strength of the brakes, and these scenarios are just different.

jeremy_matrix

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Under stress, the Brembo brakes even falls below the friction values of other brakes: temperature-related drop in friction behaviour (fading) is a disadvantage. Disc and pad wear is many times higher than with other products. After only 2-3 millimetres of thickness shrinkage, the permissible disc thickness is reached. Expensive short fun. Furthermore, ATE products achieve top values in wear.

As I said, that is my opinion. Everyone has to decide for themselves and make their own experiences.

Can you please share your ATE vs Brembo data, specific to the IG, @rovie? And are you talking Brembo rotors and pads, or only Brembo pads and another manufacturer's rotors?

While I respect OEM mfr's like ATE (just like I do with Pagid, Jurid, Textar, etc), I haven't seen ATE at the top echelon of motorsport like Brembo is at (along with Alcon, PFC, etc). That being said, the IG isn't equipped with motorsport brakes (they look similar to what are on a G, probably due to the MagnaSteyr relationship).

No flaming - it looks like the Range Rover Sport is running Brembo from the factory, but the LR4 (Discovery 4) does not come with Brembo from the factory; however, Brembo makes a kit for the LR4 if one wants to upgrade. That was just based on a very quick google...

Yes, the RRS have Brembo's. My 2006 RRS S/C does, and they work very well, no complaints;
IMG_7979.JPG

I know a 2005 G55 has ATE front calipers, unsure on rear.
But I honestly don't remember which manufacturer is on a '13 G63 for example. Will find out in a few weeks.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Can you please share your ATE vs Brembo data, specific to the IG, @rovie? And are you talking Brembo rotors and pads, or only Brembo pads and another manufacturer's rotors?

While I respect OEM mfr's like ATE (just like I do with Pagid, Jurid, Textar, etc), I haven't seen ATE at the top echelon of motorsport like Brembo is at (along with Alcon, PFC, etc). That being said, the IG isn't equipped with motorsport brakes (they look similar to what are on a G, probably due to the MagnaSteyr relationship).

Yes, the RRS have Brembo's. My 2006 RRS S/C does, and they work very well, no complaints;
View attachment 7804900

I know a 2005 G55 has ATE front calipers, unsure on rear.
But I honestly don't remember which manufacturer is on a '13 G63 for example. Will find out in a few weeks.
Unfortunately, I cannot share the comparison as it is insider information. I am sorry.

jeremy_matrix

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I cannot share the comparison as it is insider information. I am sorry.

I understand, but will take your submission with a grain of salt then.
Ate's are good indeed, but at least a "butt-o-meters" here in the USA haven't ever found that they're superior to other leading OEM suppliers including Brembo.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
is there a tutorial to change the pads?

I've never changed them on floating caliper brakes

thanks

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
is there a tutorial to change the pads?

I've never changed them on floating caliper brakes

thanks
There will be, but nothing from Ineos yet. I spoke to a representative at the drive event I attended a couple of weeks ago, and he said he'd used the beta version of the online service application and it was incredibly detailed, with animated tutorials for everything. Step by step, even to the minute detail of which way to turn the nuts to remove the wheel, showing visually the nuts turning counter-clockwise.

Back
Top Bottom