The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Body-colored wheels

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
After some coin and wait, my Grenadier received almost-body-colored wheels.
View attachment 7841181
View attachment 7841182

Now the tires look small. Hmmm....
By the way, the set of 5 factory black steel wheels is up for grabs - will post it in Classifieds soon.
Magic Mushroom or Scottish White? Details on your roof rack mounting system would also be appreciated, unless i have missed your postings on it already.

Im thinking 255/80/17s would fill out the wheel wells nicely. The new Goodyear Duratrac RTs maybe

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Magic Mushroom or Scottish White? Details on your roof rack mounting system would also be appreciated, unless i have missed your postings on it already.

Im thinking 255/80/17s would fill out the wheel wells nicely. The new Goodyear Duratrac RTs maybe
Scottish White.

Roof rack - home-brewed due to lack of time before a trip North.
The brackets are 3"x4", 1/4"-wall, aluminum angle from Industrial Metal Supply, attached to the top three M6 bolts holding the grab bars.
The cross-bars are from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NZPDZZ1/?tag=globalgrena0b-20 . The bars are extruded aluminum, with a cut strip on top and bottom, allowing mounting of just about everything using some 8-mm standard thread bolts and T-nuts - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0846444Q2/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
I was pleasantly surprised that these bars produced very little howl compared to other cross-bars and roof racks I had over the years.

255/80R17s are in the plans, when the current Bridgestones wear out.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Scottish White.

Roof rack - home-brewed due to lack of time before a trip North.
The brackets are 3"x4", 1/4"-wall, aluminum angle from Industrial Metal Supply, attached to the top three M6 bolts holding the grab bars.
The cross-bars are from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NZPDZZ1/?tag=globalgrena0b-20 . The bars are extruded aluminum, with a cut strip on top and bottom, allowing mounting of just about everything using some 8-mm standard thread bolts and T-nuts - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0846444Q2/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
I was pleasantly surprised that these bars produced very little howl compared to other cross-bars and roof racks I had over the years.

255/80R17s are in the plans, when the current Bridgestones wear out.
So I think Alu-Cab and maybe Black Sheep are utilizing a similar mounting system for their racks. So it must be a strong place to mount, but I just can't wrap my mind around how strong it actually is with just the bolts. I probably don't realize the size/scale of the bolts being used. I like how u are utilizing all the mounting points on yours tho.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I think Alu-Cab and maybe Black Sheep are utilizing a similar mounting system for their racks. So it must be a strong place to mount, but I just can't wrap my mind around how strong it actually is with just the bolts. I probably don't realize the size/scale of the bolts being used. I like how u are utilizing all the mounting points on yours tho.
I didn't like Grenadier's factory roof rack using the rain gutters for mounting. These rain gutters are very wide, and the edges of them bend down at lesser load than I'd be comfortable with.
The brackets not only use the bolts for vertical support - they lean on the plastic holders for grab bars as well. I didn't bother taking everything apart to check what's going on underneath, but ... 12 6mm bolts should be good probably to have the Grenadier lifted in the air by these brackets.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Those gutters are HARD CORE and not going anywhere. I thought the Montero ones were awesome, but these things....

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those gutters are HARD CORE and not going anywhere.
At the root or at the edge? I can pull myself up on a Range Rover Classic rain gutter and it wouldn't budge a bit. I noticed Grenadier's gutter deflection by simply pulling it down with one hand.

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
After some coin and wait, my Grenadier received almost-body-colored wheels.
View attachment 7841181
View attachment 7841182

Now the tires look small. Hmmm....
By the way, the set of 5 factory black steel wheels is up for grabs - will post it in Classifieds soon.
Looks awesome! Love the SW on SW body! Very utilitarian / safari vibes which I think is the best look.. maybe I’m biased because I got the SW wheels to match my SW roof 😉

IMG_9912.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom