The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General B57 Engine Management Light

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
As some will be aware, we are currently using a Grenadier loan car as ours has been with the dealer since 7th December and seemingly can’t be fixed.

Yesterday was an exceptionally rainy afternoon / evening - even for the Midlands of England in February and the grenadier performed brilliantly on almost a 100 mile motorway drive in absolutely awful conditions. Jumped in this morning and the Check Engine / Engine Management Light is on. No fault is displayed in the Vehicle Information display and it is running and driving fine. I have cause to use it today, do we think it’s just a case of water on a sensor or should I call the Ineos breakdown number? I really don’t want a serious fault to develop, especially when it’s not my car!

Attachments

• IMG_8526.jpeg
    IMG_8526.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
As some will be aware, we are currently using a Grenadier loan car as ours has been with the dealer since 7th December and seemingly can’t be fixed.

Yesterday was an exceptionally rainy afternoon / evening - even for the Midlands of England in February and the grenadier performed brilliantly on almost a 100 mile motorway drive in absolutely awful conditions. Jumped in this morning and the Check Engine / Engine Management Light is on. No fault is displayed in the Vehicle Information display and it is running and driving fine. I have cause to use it today, do we think it’s just a case of water on a sensor or should I call the Ineos breakdown number? I really don’t want a serious fault to develop, especially when it’s not my car!
Call the Ineos roadside assist number, see if the tech has a scan tool and find out what is causing the fault. Better to be sure than sorry....

AWo

Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Buy a cheap OBD reader like the Vgate iCar and use an app like Torque. You can read the errors and remove some of them. Not all can be removed or seen as only works what is provided via the OBD protocol (which is a protocol to control the environmental protection systems of a car) by the manufacturer. If you manage to delete the error and it was a one off keep going. If it returns something is wrong.

AWo

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Call the Ineos roadside assist number, see if the tech has a scan tool and find out what is causing the fault. Better to be sure than sorry....
Annoyingly the number is not in the car - I don’t suppose anyone happens to have the number for roadside assistance? Have called the dealer - they are as useless as a chocolate tea pot.

I think this is the final straw: they can’t fix ours, this one has leaked water from the safari windows now shows an engine fault. I’ve had enough.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score

I also had this display once before my software update. My dealer told me to keep driving. After the update, this display never appeared again. But I would be careful with a hire car. Don't let them blame you later if damage occurs.

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
I need help, where is the ODP-Port? Is there really a Grenny-compatible scanner available? With Ineos error-codes?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
I need help, where is the ODP-Port? Is there really a Grenny-compatible scanner available? With Ineos error-codes?
The OBD will give the engine fault codes for the B series engines so not Ineos codes per se, all scan tools will be able to read the codes, you can google them. Not sure of the location, sorry

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The engine management light has fixed itself after the advice of Ineos Roadside Assistance which was: “Drive on.”

I presume the issue was either dampness in some inadequately insulated wire or ECU or a failed regen? It carried out a regen today which seemed to go forever and drew the attention of every pedestrian in Matlock.

Back
Top Bottom