The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel B57 Diesel Fuel Economy

MikeP

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
As we have a B58 petrol fuel economy thread but no diesel B57, I would like to start this new thread.

My typical usage is Highway 45% (100-120km/h), Country Roads 40% (50-80km/h) and City 15% (10-30km/h). So far, no off-road. I am driving with no major load and without a trailer.

1706796131467.png

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
I’m doing a fair bit of city driving lately. And am heavy footed. Diesel use is showing at 12.9l/100 and sometimes as much as 13.9l/100km.

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Due to a number of problems, I rejected my diesel Grenadire. Whilst I still had the vehicle, I tested the fuel economy by driving gently - and achieved 26mpg. I how have a land Rover 90, same 250bhp 3 litre 6 cylinder motor like the Grenadier. But - the 90 delivers 38mpg to the Grenadier's 26. The 90 is 400kgs lighter - not enough to explain 45% better economy!!

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
4.600 km and 12lt/100km average consumption.

Now it's coming out of running-in and it's not easy to ride lightly :diabolico:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Due to a number of problems, I rejected my diesel Grenadire. Whilst I still had the vehicle, I tested the fuel economy by driving gently - and achieved 26mpg. I how have a land Rover 90, same 250bhp 3 litre 6 cylinder motor like the Grenadier. But - the 90 delivers 38mpg to the Grenadier's 26. The 90 is 400kgs lighter - not enough to explain 45% better economy!!
what type of tyres are fitted to the LR 90? the K02s according to Goodrich can increase consumption by up to 15% over a less aggressive tread pattern...

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
When I am driving gently I can get 26MPG when I had the Trailer on the back with a old classic car I am acheiving 21 MPG I am due to do a long trip soon as getting on the Ferry from UK to Sanatander will drive Santander spain to Lisbon portugal its usually a 9 hour journey and a good consumption check usually fill up twice in my old 110 crew cab defender 2.2 TDCI

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It depends.
8,3 l/100 km at 86 km/h with cc for 200 km.
19 l/100 km at 160 km/h for about 50 km.
Average for a full tank is around 12,3 with a range from 10,8 - 13,6 l/100 km.

Driving a Grenadier fast is like a bad drinking habit. You mostly try to act reasonable but from time to time you don’t behave 😈

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I am driving gently I can get 26MPG when I had the Trailer on the back with a old classic car I am acheiving 21 MPG I am due to do a long trip soon as getting on the Ferry from UK to Sanatander will drive Santander spain to Lisbon portugal its usually a 9 hour journey and a good consumption check usually fill up twice in my old 110 crew cab defender 2.2 TDCI
I reckon on that long trip you will be getting circa 29mpg. What I'm more interested in though is on a long ferry trip which includes passing through the Bay of Biscay whether the tilt alarm is disengaged by what ever means you plan. Or are you just going to leave it unlocked 🔓

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon on that long trip you will be getting circa 29mpg. What I'm more interested in though is on a long ferry trip which includes passing through the Bay of Biscay whether the tilt alarm is disengaged by what ever means you plan. Or are you just going to leave it unlocked 🔓
Is there a tilt alarm. I remember @DCPU hi-lift jacking his and no alarm - perhaps I recall incorrectly. Could do with that man back asap.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a tilt alarm. I remember @DCPU hi-lift jacking his and no alarm - perhaps I recall incorrectly. Could do with that man back asap.
I thought the other way @DCPU hi lifted his vehicle and the alarm did go off. I specifically asked Ineos how do you cancel this for ferry ⛴️ and they send there was no facility to do this, despite the double click being available

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the other way @DCPU hi lifted his vehicle and the alarm did go off. I specifically asked Ineos how do you cancel this for ferry ⛴️ and they send there was no facility to do this, despite the double click being available
Will have a look back. I got the usual chocolate teapot response from Ineos when I asked what the difference was between locking with one and two clicks. Still none the wiser. I double click just to turn the lights off quicker, not sure if it does anything more, and nor are Ineos to that matter!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will have a look back. I got the usual chocolate teapot response from Ineos when I asked what the difference was between locking with one and two clicks. Still none the wiser. I double click just to turn the lights off quicker, not sure if it does anything more, and nor are Ineos to that matter!
We need @DCPU to respond on his experiment, quicker than looking.

Back
Top Bottom