The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Awaiting shipping.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Im getting the distinct feeling that Jim Ratcliffe having designed and built his dream vehicle is running out of interest in the company Ineos Automotive. All indicators are that IA is not firing on all cylinders and no one appears to be taking any corrective action producing any sort of positive result.

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Australia
I have often spoken to the Sydney sales rep and an INEOS rep. IG Australia are busy trying to iron out all the fine details with the arrival of the first cars. Things will speed up when that is finished.

The re-engineering of the factory and some parts last year set them back 4 months and that was to improve the quality of the final product. I am fine with that.

My build is set for August, so I want those bugs ironed out! In the meantime I am trying to work how to fit it out and recover from a serious car accident.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
The re-engineering of the factory and some parts last year set them back 4 months and that was to improve the quality of the final product. I am fine with that.
Sorry to read of your accident...but I did read of the parts in which quite a big number were coming from Ukraine...the variables are immense but the ship will come.

Here's to the lads downunder

It is a hard way home

storms flood and thunder

we'll see a ship set sail

to the land downunder

Longshotgames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Im getting the distinct feeling that Jim Ratcliffe having designed and built his dream vehicle is running out of interest in the company Ineos Automotive. All indicators are that IA is not firing on all cylinders and no one appears to be taking any corrective action producing any sort of positive result.

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Australia
I couldn't imagine it's easy starting a brand-new vehicle from scratch. I'd say there are more complicated but realistic answers to the lack of communication/bug fixes than just losing interest...

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have often spoken to the Sydney sales rep and an INEOS rep. IG Australia are busy trying to iron out all the fine details with the arrival of the first cars. Things will speed up when that is finished.

I would agree with that, I think they are just laser focused on shipping and delivering up to 3000 vehicles they built but couldn’t ship till now. I think they are genuinely trying to do the right thing re quality. Hopefully in a month or two things will get on a better rhythm. Hope they prioritize getting the software glitches updated though so that by the time mine is ready for delivery July/Aug, it can be updated by dealer in pre delivery.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Australia
Hi Bushguide, I am sure he is a bit distracted at the moment in his pursuit of Manchester United. Hopefully he gets his bid accepted and then he can continue on full speed with the Grenadier. DaBull.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Yes - that seems a fair assessment based on public information/interaction.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - but if cars delivered to current owners are the result of improving the quality, then there are still issues...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bushguide, I am sure he is a bit distracted at the moment in his pursuit of Manchester United. Hopefully he gets his bid accepted and then he can continue on full speed with the Grenadier. DaBull.
What I find interesting, I understand his (Ineos) bid for Man Utd is now circa £5bn, how much has been invested to date in IA. [millions not billions] Shows where priories lay.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I find interesting, I understand his (Ineos) bid for Man Utd is now circa £5bn, how much has been invested to date in IA. [millions not billions] Shows where priories lay.
More than £1.5bn as of a few months ago I believe. Sir Jim mentioned it and the fact that it was significantly more than expected

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More than £1.5bn as of a few months ago I believe. Sir Jim mentioned it and the fact that it was significantly more than expected
Nearly 1/3 of a football club then. Makes IA seem a cheap investment. It's hard to believe that you can setup a complete new car industry from scratch for than a third of the price of a premier league football club.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The factory was more than a giveaway though...

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
He is trying to buy a Culture on the one hand and build one on the other...Cultures obviously don't come cheap and take a long time coming...is the Grenadier just the start up of the Ineos automotive culture...and the ship sets sail...come on Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - but if cars delivered to current owners are the result of improving the quality, then there are still issues...
I have never owned any car where there has not been at least one recall.

The latest was the airbags in the Nissan Patrol and I am mighty grateful for that, it was used in the crash - combined impact speed 150-180kph. I did a text book face plant into the airbag and it prevented brain damage and I had no concussion. My glasses where even still in place!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have never owned any car where there has not been at least one recall.

The latest was the airbags in the Nissan Patrol and I am mighty grateful for that, it was used in the crash - combined impact speed 150-180kph. I did a text book face plant into the airbag and it prevented brain damage and I had no concussion. My glasses where even still in place!
I'm not talking major safety issues that are subject to statutory recall procedures, but rather a raft of small items that just point at an overall lack of attention to detail.

For the latest see the earth connector is this thread:

With regard to airbags, there's hardly a week goes by without a manufacturer recall on them in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom