The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW thinking about the Grenadier ... and mentioning Stu?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I haven't watched it completely yet, but right at the beginning, about one or two minutes in, he starts talking about the Grenadier.

And at 4:04 I see some "Stu" in the subtitles mentioned by ASPW ?

Later it gets long winding as usual ... not everybodies taste.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I haven't watched it completely yet, but right at the beginning, about one or two minutes in, he starts talking about the Grenadier.

I had intended on watching it all the way through but an hour is a long time.
He wants a vehicle and he can't afford it.
So because he is him Ineos should give him one cheap.
I agree and I think we should all have one

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score

It’s not this Stu. I’ve contacted him a few times and it’s just crickets…. Maybe if I bought him a Grenadier then he’d return my calls ha ;)

So. Please. @Halliwell Jones Chester Steve, give me a free Grenadier so I can give it to mr spw, I’ll drive it down there for free ;)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
I do like ASPW, but his content has got a bit samey.

"Oh look, another troopy"

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
...."at a significantly reduced rate".....

he is very knowledgeable regarding overland touring so maybe he could add value to INEOS in their development of further options or partnering with third party accessory manufacturers.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
he is very knowledgeable regarding overland touring so maybe he could add value to INEOS in their development of further options or partnering with third party accessory manufacturers.
He truly is the master of over accessorisation!
I'd get Ronny in for advice , if needed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would agree with that - but it's probably a function of his age too - he needs a few more modcons
He's only 1 year older than me!
I think it's a reflection of his personality. Imagine (completely theoretically) him packing a backpack for a 5 day bushwalk:D

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
There is so much crap and clutter in his "cockpit". I prefer the minimal approach

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I would agree with that - but it's probably a function of his age too - he needs a few more modcons
Of course we do not have any real wilderness in Germany. But if we would have, I would never go out there without my electrical oven! How could my dinner be perfect without the fresh bread!
😇

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Just to clarify something for you all, at this moment in time nobody, celebrity or influencer is getting a free Grenadier or a reduced rate Grenadier. This may change at a later date but speaking with INEOS last week at the agent gathering, the priority is customer and agent cars.

The consensus is you the customer have put your money up for this car as well as us agents in building new premises so these are the priority.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be great if they could also prioritise customers (me) with sick Discovery 4's.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just to clarify something for you all, at this moment in time nobody, celebrity or influencer is getting a free Grenadier or a reduced rate Grenadier. This may change at a later date but speaking with INEOS last week at the agent gathering, the priority is customer and agent cars.

The consensus is you the customer have put your money up for this car as well as us agents in building new premises so these are the priority.
I really think Andrew deserves one. The one after mine

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Offer him one of the PTOs that are due to be cut up. Free of charge as part of an extended testing programme. Simple short term employment contract for notional $1 gets you a new "employee" so meets any legal/third party driver requirements.

If it goes wrong publically, then it's a prototype & you can take it off him after a period of time and still cut it up and claim the tax back.

I for one would like to see him getting one.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Offer him one of the PTOs that are due to be cut up. Free of charge as part of an extended testing programme. Simple short term employment contract for notional $1 gets you a new "employee" so meets any legal/third party driver requirements.

If it goes wrong publically, then it's a prototype & you can take it off him after a period of time and still cut it up and claim the tax back.

Not that simple in Australia
You could contract him as a self employed person with his own ABN (Australian Business Number) but you couldn't employ him without paying minimum wage AUD$21.38 per hour.
Then you have to pay superannuation of 9.5%, 4 weeks holiday, 2 weeks sick leave, parental leave, family leave.
On top you have a minimum 6 months probation time etc etc

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think INEOS are providing PTO's to some third parties to assist in their design of products?

Why not just loan ASPW a "to be crushed" PTO for a few weeks on the agreement that he provides confidential feedback etc. etc.

No material cost.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think INEOS are providing PTO's to some third parties to assist in their design of products?

Why not just loan ASPW a "to be crushed" PTO for a few weeks on the agreement that he provides confidential feedback etc. etc.
He doesn't design his cars , others do all the hard yards. He drills the odd hole.
I'm hoping and trusting the original prototype in Oz ends up in a museum.

Back
Top Bottom