The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ARB - Refrigerator/Freezer

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions on the ARB Elements R/F - anyone have that with the slider shelf? Thought on the performance to price -

Thanks

Crankshaft Culture

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I have two ARB Fridge Freezers, the standard version and the Dual Zone ZERO. I have been on trips with people with the Elements, and they're also quite good. I've been an ARB fridge user for about 10 years and have never had issue with them.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
I don’t have an arb but an Engel 45. For what it’s worth it has been running for 20 years without issue or maintenance of any kind.

I am trying to get motivated to wash the insulation cover for the first time this year :)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Assuming they only come in a 60L (all I could find on the net with a quick look), at 820mm long just make sure it will fit in the back. I’m not convinced it will.

The problem with the cargo area in the IG is it’s the same size as a cruiser, just tipped on it’s head. I have a circa 20 year old Engel 60L that has been outstanding in every way for that whole time. But whilst I haven’t been able to try it in the back of the IG (hope to remedy that in 2 weeks time) my assumption based on measurements is that it won’t fit. 😢

So I have two options. 1. Buy a smaller fridge (say a 35L+18L Bushman) or 2. Buy a verticle jobby (Bushman or Engel at this stage) because let’s face it the IG interior is all vertical. And for all the downside of efficiency in comparing an upright to chest compressor fridge, I’ll probably go upright because it just makes sense in the IG - go upright and get more volume but less efficiency.

If you can get a 40L in the Elements then maybe that’s an option. I don’t know anyone with an Elements or Zero, but know lots of people with the ARB classic in various sizes for a lot of years and they’ve never had problems with them. I’ve borrowed a mates ARB a few times when I wanted a smaller fridge, and they work well.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
We had an Elements a few years ago and absolutely loved it. The shock on the lid, the waterproofness/extra insulation, everything was awesome about it and we never had any issues (a good friend of mine still uses it).

Definitely make sure it'll fit, as it is fairly large, but it fits on top of drawers in an 80 series (that's what my buddy has)

Back
Top Bottom