The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any other early adopters lose their place in line when they opened up deposits?

Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
I previously had a reservation # - joined Ineos website in 2020. When they launched the early adopters availability to put a deposit down, I was busy traveling and didn't rush it. Placed my deposit 2021 Oct 1st, and now that's what they are telling me my reservation date is. Big oof! Of course I reached out to support and they basically said "we didn't keep those records but if you kept an email from 2020 we can help you." Anyone else run into this?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Similar but different.
I heard about the Grenadier too late to be an early adopter, but placed my initial deposit down on the 3/12/21.
From this forum I know that others who placed their initial deposits down over 4 months later have the same build/delivery date as I do.
So it would appear that at some date very early on, INEOS stopped putting peoples orders in a queue, and just put them in a big list in no particular order.
Like you, I have tried to talk to INEOS support about this, but we all know what that process is like.
Sorry to hear your frustration, it is certainly warranted.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I previously had a reservation # - joined Ineos website in 2020. When they launched the early adopters availability to put a deposit down, I was busy traveling and didn't rush it. Placed my deposit 2021 Oct 1st, and now that's what they are telling me my reservation date is. Big oof! Of course I reached out to support and they basically said "we didn't keep those records but if you kept an email from 2020 we can help you." Anyone else run into this?
I am a little bit confused
I thought in the US the order books aren't open yet
Was that just your reservation fee you paid back in Oct 2021?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Similar but different.
I heard about the Grenadier too late to be an early adopter, but placed my initial deposit down on the 3/12/21.
From this forum I know that others who placed their initial deposits down over 4 months later have the same build/delivery date as I do.
So it would appear that at some date very early on, INEOS stopped putting peoples orders in a queue, and just put them in a big list in no particular order.
Like you, I have tried to talk to INEOS support about this, but we all know what that process is like.
I was told that build date was being based on 3 things
  1. Order date
  2. Reservation date (so if two of us ordered on the same date the one with the earliest reservation gets priority)
  3. Build configuration.

Local time
Reaction score
I am a little bit confused
I thought in the US the order books aren't open yet
Was that just your reservation fee you paid back in Oct 2021?
Yeah, the reservation fee/deposit. It sounds like they made a doozey with those in line before the deposits and just hit the reset button for the line with deposits. Big oof and not impressed with the way it was handled. Not surprised with the build configuration being a factor as that's the new norm when ordering a car now days.

Local time
Reaction score
Similar but different.
Thanks, and agreed. Hopefully they become better organized and their support improves but the probability of this is slim with it being a smaller/niche outfit.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess INEOS has been strict in maintaining a FCFS list for the "early adopters" (those really sticking their neck out, although the $$$ was always refundable) but as time marched on then where you end up production date wise is as per usual for buying any car and subject more to your configuration.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
I reserved two hours after reservations were opened for the early hand raisers - two weeks before general release. I then spent one week getting the configuration right and completed the order. I originally had an October build date but have since heard nothing. Still blank on the site for me. I will try to contact the dealer nearest to me next week - Grange Ineos Solihull. Anyone else dealing with them?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should have received an email from INEOS on 28/29 October advising you of your revised delivery date.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I too was an early 'in' with reservation and order. After a bit of difficulty with the payment stage I ended up with October build.
Although I receive the various marketing emails as well as invoice conformations etc I have not had any of the messages relating to production delays and contracts.
My account page is also blank regarding estimated build month.

I have had conversations over the year with my local dealer who confirms my order is on the system and I will chase that up next week in light if suggestions on this site that some folk are supposed to be getting contracts and dates issued that seem to be originally after my own slot.

It does seem a bit strange.

A

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You should have received an email from INEOS on 28/29 October advising you of your revised delivery date.
Nope - nothing in my inbox - I’ll chase next week. Thanks for the heads up

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I too was an early 'in' with reservation and order. After a bit of difficulty with the payment stage I ended up with October build.
Although I receive the various marketing emails as well as invoice conformations etc I have not had any of the messages relating to production delays and contracts.
My account page is also blank regarding estimated build month.

I have had conversations over the year with my local dealer who confirms my order is on the system and I will chase that up next week in light if suggestions on this site that some folk are supposed to be getting contracts and dates issued that seem to be originally after my own slot.

It does seem a bit strange.

A
Maybe you ask your dealer whether he can see you building date. If he has it IA maybe has a fault in their database with your address

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
Aha. Is it a secret?

;-)

Back
Top Bottom