The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Am I the only one?

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I have read the tax/Vat/BIK/wiper issues with great interest and it seems paradoxically that the only certainty about all of this is that information from accountants/INEOS is opaque at best and open to change.

Personally I ran a defender 110 station wagon privately for some years and loved it warts and all carrying the family around - I guess I am trying to recreate that - rather expensively, with a 5 seat utility in Donny grey ( or seemingly light black!) - still waiting like the rest with order placed last May…
Anyone else out there similar spirited or…do I cancel my order and source a now highly appreciating 110 or is the 5 seater already a collectors item given the build velocity 😊?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I have read the tax/Vat/BIK/wiper issues with great interest and it seems paradoxically that the only certainty about all of this is that information from accountants/INEOS is opaque at best and open to change.

Personally I ran a defender 110 station wagon privately for some years and loved it warts and all carrying the family around - I guess I am trying to recreate that - rather expensively, with a 5 seat utility in Donny grey ( or seemingly light black!) - still waiting like the rest with order placed last May…
Anyone else out there similar spirited or…do I cancel my order and source a now highly appreciating 110 or is the 5 seater already a collectors item given the build velocity 😊?
I am waiting and have driven the prototype that helps confirm that I am waiting for all the right reasons but they are my reasons...I hope the Grenadier suits yours...happy motoring ;)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Hang on, I have just the thing...

I got "signs point to yes". Wagons ho! :)

Local time
Reaction score
As someone who currently owns a 110 and has been carting the family around for years in it.. I'd heartily suggest you drive one again for a bit. Maybe you've got rose coloured glasses on with your view of the 110.

I think the thing is the world has moved on and 1947 ergonomics just doesn't cut it anymore and it's not something you can really fix. Oh and don't mention safety..

Local time
Reaction score
Hi

No I am sick of waiting. I received my contract, and then I asked Ineos to make a minor changes. 16 days and 8 phone calls later, I am still waiting for a new contract. Production delays I can understand, paperwork not so.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
No I am sick of waiting. I received my contract, and then I asked Ineos to make a minor changes. 16 days and 8 phone calls later, I am still waiting for a new contract. Production delays I can understand, paperwork not so.
Welcome. Me also, waiting for an updated contract.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi
How come you are asking your accountant for advice on wipers, do they have a Saturday job in Halfords? 😉

Local time
Reaction score
Hi

lf your Defender 110 was a TDCI these fall foul of all the LEZ's coming into force around the U.K. The earlier TDCI is better but has the highest rate road tax. If it was a TD5 it was probably classed as a car, avoiding some issues, but these are hard work as a daily driver, the Grenadier is in a different league while still retaining the sentiment of the old Land Rover.

Land Rover prices are not "rapidly appreciating" apart from very low mileage examples they are in many cases falling due in part to the non compliance with LEZ

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Owning a Gren in Aus will be like the earlier adoption of the G Wagon (those that could afford one!) and we will be viewed with Envy! Tall poppy is rife here, even though we wont admit it, but inside we secretely all do! The 'wealthier' we get the worse we really are. So, stay the cause!

Back
Top Bottom