Alternative AT Tires

Nixon_04

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Hello,

which AT tires do you recommend, which match: all-season, 80% tarmac 20% light offroad, recent durability. The BFgoodrich KO2 look great but I assume for my planned usage too much offroad. I also like tires with a more agressive look. The Idea is to order the Rough Package, but replacing the KO2 tires, with tires, which suits better to my use. Thank you!

Davman

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
I am looking at something similar.
Currently I am going to go with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W - Light Truck construction.

CheJ

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
[QUOTE username=Nixon_04 userid=8771168 postid=1333001667]Hello,

which AT tires do you recommend, which match: all-season, 80% tarmac 20% light offroad, recent durability. The BFgoodrich KO2 look great but I assume for my planned usage too much offroad. I also like tires with a more agressive look. The Idea is to order the Rough Package, but replacing the KO2 tires, with tires, which suits better to my use. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Why not just go with the factory default Bridgestone AT - sounds like the right tyre for your aspirations.

CheJ

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
[QUOTE username=Davman userid=8961117 postid=1333003976]I think the look of the Bridgestone AT doesn't look agressive enough.
[/QUOTE]

Ah OK, Yokohama Geolandar or Pirelli Scorpion AT still have that aggressive looking sidewall but are much better on road than the traditional AT's like BFG or Cooper.

Nixon_04

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Thank you all  - indeed I looked towards the Falken Wildpark AT3W, but only based in the specs and the look.

Davman

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Yes if you get the Rough Pack , you are only paying another $100 Australian for the BFG's (which isn't much money).  That at least gives you the ability to sell the BFG's if you like - as someone will be after them.

Tazzieman

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Founding Guard
[QUOTE username=Nixon_04 userid=8771168 postid=1333004446]Thank you all  - indeed I looked towards the Falken Wildpark AT3W, but only based in the specs and the look.[/QUOTE]The Falken is an excellent tyre. Not sure it's the same compound around the world but In Australia it's an excellent tyre.

Guru

Contributor
I have Falken Wildpeak ATW3,s on a ‘97 NAS Defender. Brilliant tyre and better than the BFG KO2;s on my other Defenders. 
I am exporting my D130 from the UK next month and the Falken Wildpeak ATW3 in the UK is a completely different looking tyre. Nowhere near as “chunky” but no doubt great.